Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France 2020 | Stage 14 (Clermont Ferrand -Lyon, 194 km)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

bora will try to close down any attacks on the group 4 climbs, riders will do very well to stay away (maybe 1 or at a push 2 can do it on a good day) and can't see the gc boys trying anything today with a tough day tomorrow.

Only Trentin and WVA can really sprint against Sagan in the group so my prediction is

worst realistic case scenario for Sam - Sagan wins the stage (probability 40 - 60%)
    best realistic case scenario for Sam - Sagan finishes between 3rd and 5th (probability 40 - 60%)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭Panrich

donfers wrote: »
    bora will try to close down any attacks on the group 4 climbs, riders will do very well to stay away (maybe 1 or at a push 2 can do it on a good day) and can't see the gc boys trying anything today with a tough day tomorrow.

Only Trentin and WVA can really sprint against Sagan in the group so my prediction is

worst realistic case scenario for Sam - Sagan wins the stage (probability 40 - 60%)
    best realistic case scenario for Sam - Sagan finishes between 3rd and 5th (probability 40 - 60%)

You'd imagine that WVA will certainly be looking to spoil it for Sagan if given the go ahead by the team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Panrich wrote: »
    You'd imagine that WVA will certainly be looking to spoil it for Sagan if given the go ahead by the team

I hope so to!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Ineos probably won't allow him, but Kwiatkowski would probably have the beating of Sagan on a day like today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Interesting chat there from Brian Smith about Bennet and his Bora time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Jesus, Bardet has a bleed on the brain. The UCI seriously needs to come up with a proper concussion protocol. This craic of getting riders back on the bikes and assess them later is a farce

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Ah, c'mere, this has got Dan Martin written all over it. Pips Valverde and Alaphilippe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭ratracer

Yep, Sam needs to forget about today, get to the finish and try for the sprint points early in the stage tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Luis Leon Sanchez could give this a bash

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭griffin100

Nico still in the front group.

• Advertisement

Hirschi in the short descent

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Good oul sunweb at it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

Sunweb kiss ass

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Sam you are a lucky lucky boy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Sagan 4th? Great finish

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Chris871

great move that, and brilliant outcome for Sam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭mcgratheoin

Not the worst result for Sam.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭ratracer

Good damage limitation!

Would have been nice to see Nico attacking. Sub web with a great team approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Doc07

retalivity wrote: »
    Good oul sunweb at it again!

Sam will have to send the bottle of champagne over to their hotel tonight

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Team Sunweb, savage attack, great tactics. I take back my thinking that they were mental with their tactics earlier in the week, worked brilliantly the last few days.

Looks like Sam made the right choice sitting up.

Sunweb, team of the tour so far for me.

Tomorrow’s stage has 2 Cat 1s and a HC. Intermediate sprint is early on. Will be interesting to see what today did to Sagan’s legs. Sam well within time and correct to sit back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

CramCycle wrote: »
    Team Sunweb, savage attack, great tactics. I take back my thinking that they were mental with their tactics earlier in the week, worked brilliantly the last few days.

Looks like Sam made the right choice sitting up.

I was wondering who it was had been taking the urine out of Sunweb the other day.

Delighted for Bora and CCC. Fook 'em with their putting the foot down with 100k to go, especially the latter.

The Sun boys have changed the make of pasta that they have for breakfast and dinner seemingly. That'll explain their having 5 riders in the top 40 again today.

lmao Bernie doesn't realise he's live there "sorry we'll do it again " :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭mcgratheoin

CramCycle wrote: »
    Team Sunweb, savage attack, great tactics.

Yeah, interesting to see how a team with no GC or jersey aspirations can ride with nobody to protect. I wonder would more teams try it rather than trying to nurse a leader into the top 20 overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Itziger wrote: »
    I was wondering who it was had been taking the urine out of Sunweb the other day.

Delighted for Bora and CCC. Fook 'em with their putting the foot down with 100k to go, especially the latter.

The Sun boys have changed the make of pasta that they have for breakfast and dinner seemingly. That'll explain their having 5 riders in the top 40 again today.

I was taking the piss out of them for having a full train for Bol in the sprints and he ended up finishing outside the top 10. Fair play to them though, always willing to try and attack and committed to whoever is feeling best or has the best chance for a stage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭Panrich

So the lead is down to 43 points. Could have been worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

griffin100 wrote: »
    Would have been nice to see Nico attacking. Sub web with a great team approach.

He did well positioning them all into the last climb

Not as fast as SK or Peterson ...need longer climbs for Nico to have any chance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

I cant believe people were saying that this had boring stage written all over it ?

My favourite stage so far.....much prefer these stages than long climbs

Advertisement