Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France 2020 | Stage 14 (Clermont Ferrand -Lyon, 194 km)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

Absolutely fantastic stage. The green jersey being a competition is bringing a dynamic we haven’t seen in years. Loved that last 10k, textbook from Sunweb, was delighted to see Sagan chasing!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Itziger wrote: »
    The Sun boys have changed the make of pasta that they have for breakfast and dinner seemingly. That'll explain their having 5 riders in the top 40 again today.

Nah it's not the pasta... It's very clever team management. All of the Sunweb riders took it very handy yesterday; their highest finisher (85th) was over 27 minutes behind the winner. So they were relatively well rested for the team assault today

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Sunweb totally focussed on stage wins, and always were, so that's reflected in the team they brought. Great tactics.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,392 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

work all weekend. so just catching up on +1 what a fantastic finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Sunweb totally focussed on stage wins, and always were, so that's reflected in the team they brought. Great tactics.

I am beginning to think that riding GC if you are not in the top 5 is a waste ...all the team have to mind the leader and the team never get any limelight and for what ?

Mads Peterson today looked like a very pi**ed off man when he said he had to baby sit Richie Porte ..I'm sure he'd have loved to have gone for this stage

And then your leader might not make it to Paris and you have no results and a team of mountain doms.... who may get a stage but harder than if you had a mixture of fast roulers,sprinters and some climbers set up for targeting stages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Sagan is still a class act. Bora worked hard today and almost pulled it off. What a great attack by Anderson.

60 flat km to the intermediate sprint tomorrow, hopefully Sagan is tired.

Itziger wrote: »
    Delighted for Bora and CCC. Fook 'em with their putting the foot down with 100k to go, especially the latter.

I wasn't watching that far back but I'd imagine CCC were trying to shed as many fast men as possible, this was one of their last realistic chances to get something from this tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Sagan seemed to give up at the end when he wasnt going to win the sprint. Which cost him 3rd. Same thing happened the other day at in intermediate sprint.

Having Kamna try go to stop another attack backfired in the end for them. They had nobody to chase for Sagan after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭f1000

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

De Bhál wrote: »
    Sagan is still a class act. Bora worked hard today and almost pulled it off. What a great attack by Anderson.

Has to be said he is.... even though we all have our green hats on. Guys here were gloating about him a few years back.

Like Messi his powers may be fading but class is still there. He may be 40 points off but in his mind he can still win.

Hoping for and looking forward to a great battle... which I hope Sam will edge as I've a green hat on too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

f1000 wrote: »

You've obviously never driven using your knees to keep the steering wheel steady :D :pac:

Some of the replies to De Gendt's tweet are funny.

Advertisement