Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga 20/21

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Vini Junior looks like another Ali Dia:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Madrid 20min to save their season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Penalty to Sevilla and Rakitic scores.

2-1 Sevilla

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Big decision by the ref there a few mins ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

2-2 in the 94th minute, Toni Kroos. Big goal.

2-2 in the 94th minute, Toni Kroos. Big goal.

Flukey enough goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

So, after the big weekend where the top 4 play each other, it's as you were with all 4 getting a point each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Bad week for Madrid.

So, after the big weekend where the top 4 play each other, it's as you were with all 4 getting a point each.

Clearly advantage Atletico though. That was much the hardest of their remaining games and they took a point, depriving Barca of two.

Its Atleti's to lose now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭Augme

Barca really have let it slip badly. Another draw tonight, 3-3, having led 0-2 against Levante in 13th. Athletic in a very strong position now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Shocked at that. They were leading 2-0 when I saw the score and I figured that was the win wrapped up. Not the first time Paco Lopez has caused problems for Barca from what I recall.

Looks like tomorrow's game against Sociedad is the hardest fixture for Atletico. Win that and they look good for the title.

Also shocked, I too flicked over and they were 2-0 up and I expected a rout.
    Couldn't believe the final score.

Inexcusable blowing a 2 goal lead and also losing to Granada a couple of weeks ago.
    They did so well to get back in the reckoning for the league after such a bad start and then they imploded.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Yet another poor result for Barca.

Huge game tonight for Atletico.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭irelandrover

No one seems to want to win it this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Is coutinho even fit right now?

Is coutinho even fit right now?

No, he had a knee operation and is out for the rest of the season but Barcelona dont really want to play him anyway.

If Coutinho plays 100 official games for Barcelona, they must pay Liverpool an extra £18 million for his services.:eek:

He's currently played 90 times.

He will be on his way in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

They were leading 2-0 and 3-2. Head-to-head is against them as well. Atleti 4, Barca 1 and Madrid 6, Barca 0. Home to Celta and then away to Eibar who might still have a chance of staying up.

Can see Atleti beating Real Sociedad by a single goal and then stuttering against Osasuna and Valladolid, though they've already beaten all three this season.

As for Madrid, away to Granada and Bilbao then home to a Villarreal side three days before the EL final. Also beating Atleti on head to head 4-1.

Still really close but would be fairly sure its over for Barca now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Sevilla 1 Valencia 0

# Team Name P PTS
    1 Atletico Madrid 35 77
    2 Barcelona 36 76
    3 Real Madrid 35 75
    4 Sevilla 36 74

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Also shocked, I too flicked over and they were 2-0 up and I expected a rout.
    Couldn't believe the final score.

Inexcusable blowing a 2 goal lead and also losing to Granada a couple of weeks ago.
    They did so well to get back in the reckoning for the league after such a bad start and then they imploded.

what would be the wrong thing now is to abandon the changes since the turnaround in form since the new year.

Big result for Huesca beating Athletic Bilbao earlier. The relegation scrap is looking really exciting too going into the final games:
    15. Alaves - 35
    16. Getafe - 34
    17. Huesca - 33
    18. Valladolid - 31 (game in hand - at home to Villarreal tomorrow)
    19. Elche - 30
    20. Eibar - 29 (game in hand - at home to Betis tomorrow

Atletico 2 up, thats the league now I'd say.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Great win for Atletico.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

So 4th :pac: or maybe 2nd :pac: or 3rd :pac: but not 1st :(

Eibar got a point against Betis, as Valladolid lost to Villarreal. Bottom of the table looks as follows heading into the final 2 games:
    15. Alaves - 35
    16. Getafe - 34
    17. Huesca - 33
    18. Valladolid - 31
    19. Elche - 30
    20. Eibar - 30

In other news, La Liga has tonight struck a deal in the US and Canada with ESPN over broadcasting rights for the next 8 seasons.

https://twitter.com/novy_williams/status/1392944947381288968

I wonder will this have any effect on things this side of the Atlantic? Might we see La Liga on BT Sport ESPN, or is it all a separate thing over here?

• Advertisement

I wonder will this have any effect on things this side of the Atlantic? Might we see La Liga on BT Sport ESPN, or is it all a separate thing over here?

La Liga might play some matches in the US in the future.

The idea was floated a few years ago, I can see it returning to the table again.

Zidane is stepping down at the end of the season it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

La Liga might play some matches in the US in the future.

The idea was floated a few years ago, I can see it returning to the table again.

Zidane is stepping down at the end of the season it seems.

Wonder if we might see him over at Juventus.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Wonder if we might see him over at Juventus.

Thats not a bad call at all.

It might just be a power move, seemingly Zidane no longer feels he has the backing of Florentino Perez, although he maintains overwhelming support from his players.
    Might be looking for reasurances from Perez to stay on.

If Real do win the league, Zidane would be the first Madrid manager to retain LaLiga since 1989.
    Crazy stat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Why are all the games on at the same time tonight?

Why are all the games on at the same time tonight?

To lessen the likelihood of a situation where teams know they don't necessarily need to win a game and both settle for a draw. Most leagues do this on the final day, but some like La Liga and Ligue 1 do it on the penultimate day as well.

Excited for the games later. We could see the title decided and maybe teams relegated.

• Advertisement

Not looking good for the bottom three sides Valladolid, Elche and Eibar. All three losing and going down as it stands.

Update: Huesca 1-0 down at Betis so it will go down to the final day if that stays the same.

Madrid leading 1-0 via Nacho. Atletico still goalless against Osasuna.

As it stands, Madrid top of the table heading into the final day. Twenty minutes to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Madrid leading 1-0 via Nacho. Atletico still goalless against Osasuna.

As it stands, Madrid top of the table heading into the final day. Twenty minutes to go.

Athletico unfortunate with 2 disallowed goals, correct decisions but unlucky none the less.

Madrid deserved the goal but did Benzema touch the ball? Looked like he might of, I’ve seen VAR adjudge Benzema offside under whatever the rules might be...

Very exciting watching all the games switch .

No one wants to win this, crazy scorelines.

Drumpot wrote: »
    Madrid deserved the goal but did Benzema touch the ball? Looked like he might of, I’ve seen VAR adjudge Benzema offside under whatever the rules might be...

I thought it was going to be ruled out as I thought Benzema interfered with play.

Atletico need two goals in the final 10 odd minutes.

Atletico back in it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Suarezzzzzzz

Wow.

Atleticooooooooo

Barca fall behind!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

Hope Atletico Hold

• Advertisement

Looks like that could be the goal to win Atleti the title.

Thrilled with that result!!

One thing is for sure, Barca ain't winning it!

NIMAN wrote: »
    Looks like that could be the goal to win Atleti the title.

It would be a smash and grab job if Real had won it, they have been playing awful dour football for most of the season.

Barcelona lost at home to Celta, the wheels have completely come off, I wonder is Messi having doubts about staying on.

It would be a smash and grab job if Real had won it, they have been playing awful dour football for most of the season.

Barcelona lost at home to Celta, the wheels have completely come off, I wonder is Messi having doubts about staying on.

Atleti have been playing fairly industrial football since Simeone came in;)
    For me, they are a hard watch, and its obvious that many folk who used to cheer them on as underdogs in La Liga, have since given up after watching them in Europe.

But if you don't want Real or Barca to win the league, I suppose its a good day.

Eibar the first team relegated. Alaves and Getafe safe after their wins.

Huesca, Elche and Valladolid all still in danger of the drop going into the final day. Huesca host Valencia, Elche host Athletic Club, and Valladolid host Atletico, who will be going for the title.

Valladolid vs Altetico will be some game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Had that same old dreadful feeling when Osasuna scored and still can't believe how the game turned around.

Next Sunday is going to be a nightmare. Hopefully Valladolid play like they did today.

Heard Koeman has a meeting with Laporta coming up. Think this could be the end of the line for him.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Atleti have been playing fairly industrial football since Simeone came in;)
    For me, they are a hard watch, and its obvious that many folk who used to cheer them on as underdogs in La Liga, have since given up after watching them in Europe.

But if you don't want Real or Barca to win the league, I suppose its a good day.

Without a doubt, Atleti are a hard watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭ebbsy

What a finish from Suarez.

• Advertisement

Eibar the first team relegated. Alaves and Getafe safe after their wins.

Huesca, Elche and Valladolid all still in danger of the drop going into the final day. Huesca host Valencia, Elche host Athletic Club, and Valladolid host Atletico, who will be going for the title.

Valladolid vs Altetico will be some game.

Have Valladolid a realistic chance of staying up? They're 1/500 to go down with Bet365

Advertisement