Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor Arrested for Sexual Assault

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

No Class, just like the old man.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Under duress, allegedly.

Sadly while Id love to know the truth, sadly its not certain it was McGregor.

I heard rumours it was many sport stars, from Rugby to GAA. Only some people know the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Under duress, allegedly.

This bull**** just gets more and more ridiculous, pure Chinese whispers

Innocent until proven guilty.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Innocent until proven guilty.

believe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

inthenip wrote: »
    Mcgregor is the most famous Irish person in the world.

People here should be on his side and support him, Every Irish person hates anyone with a bit success.

Pol Pot’s the most famous Cambodian in the world, means nothing about the level of support he should get from his compatriots.

Regarding his arrest, the statement from the prosecutor’s office doesn’t sound like they’re really too sure if he committed a crime this time:

“following a complaint lodged on September 10th denouncing events which might be qualified as attempted sexual aggression and sexual exhibition, Mr Conor Anthony McGregor has been questioned by the gendarmerie, in detention.” (Emphasis mine)

Or maybe something was lost in translation.

It's gone from close the airports and ports to getting the mickey out in public down in Corsica.

Great statesman of the nation we heed your words of wisdom.

What a plonker Rodney.

Did anyone read the recent book on him?

I think these acts may be a cry for help?

Perhaps he is a victim of the persona he created?

That in no way makes these acts acceptable. Money should not block justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Yeah as the wider world catches on he will become toxic to sponsors at this rate. Remains to be seen what exactly the fallout from this incident is.

The fall could be quite big. He is only young yet.

Proper 12? He doesn’t need sponsors

By the the way the old man pensioner everyone is ****in on about was 50 yo

• Advertisement

He sucker-punched a man in the face

Doesn't really matter what age the guy was

Complete scumbag (no surprise there) move

https://youtu.be/I-u1B-pPl_c?t=56

glasso wrote: »
    He sucker-punched a man in the face

Doesn't really matter what age the guy was

Complete scumbag (no surprise there) move

https://youtu.be/I-u1B-pPl_c?t=56

It’s awful but an insult to those in their late 40s early 50s

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

I'd say his auld fella Tony is non too plussed about the whole thing

His age isn't the point, he still sucker punched a man from behind for no reason.

Just because the victim is younger doesnt excuse his behaviour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

It's gone from close the airports and ports to getting the mickey out in public down in Corsica.

Great statesman of the nation we heed your words of wisdom.

What a plonker Rodney.

Had forgotten about this - absolutely brilliant TV :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

Sorry, no, but thanks for calling.
    Have you tried next door ?

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Guaranteed there are plenty of middle and upper class men who have done the exact same things as McGregor, but because he's from a working class background, he's a "scumbag". Not defending the man as I'm not a fan, but didn't a rugby player piss on someone in a pub a few years back?
    I also know plenty of people who have been in scrapes over the years in pubs etc. None of them would be classed as "scumbags".... :rolleyes:
    I know of others who have been cheated on and cheated. I wouldn't necessarily call them "scumbags". Yes, cheating on someone is a low thing to do, but it's hardly Hutch/Kinahan territory....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭paul71

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Who did he rape?

Most likely several women.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,319 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Did anyone read the recent book on him?

I think these acts may be a cry for help?

Perhaps he is a victim of the persona he created?

That in no way makes these acts acceptable. Money should not block justice.

It turned out that there was some paint drying which I needed to keep an eye on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

People think getting your lad out is like rape or something. Indecent exposure that's about it. I've got mine out on many a night out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

US2 wrote: »
    People think getting your lad out is like rape or something. Indecent exposure that's about it. I've got mine out on many a night out.

Did anyone notice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Grown men who idolise this fella = major red flag.

Grown men who idolise this fella = major red flag.

4 years ago I stopped my 2 boys watching anything to do with him because I knew what was coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,857 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

paul71 wrote: »
    4 years ago I stopped my 2 boys watching anything to do with him because I knew what was coming.

Was it him in a bar? ............ on some unwanted recipient?

Was it him in a bar? ............ on some unwanted recipient?

Are you of the cohort who find sexual assault amusing?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Granadino wrote: »
    Guaranteed there are plenty of middle and upper class men who have done the exact same things as McGregor, but because he's from a working class background, he's a "scumbag". Not defending the man as I'm not a fan, but didn't a rugby player piss on someone in a pub a few years back?
    I also know plenty of people who have been in scrapes over the years in pubs etc. None of them would be classed as "scumbags".... :rolleyes:
    I know of others who have been cheated on and cheated. I wouldn't necessarily call them "scumbags". Yes, cheating on someone is a low thing to do, but it's hardly Hutch/Kinahan territory....

I guarantee you that no man of any class in the public eye would get away with that many allegations and it not be brought up. Its not the first time he behaved badly. He used the media to enlarge his profile and then wonders why they keep covering the bits he doesn't want them to.

its not the cheating or the fighting innocent aul lads in isolation, its all of it together makes him a scumbag. Repeated bouts of cocaine induced violence, repeated sexual assault allegations etc... Theres no other Irish 'celebrity' has the same repeated negative press.

US2 wrote: »

But hes accused of attempted sexual assault AND indecent exposure.

Well firstly any one who assaults another human the way McGregor assaulted that aul man is a scummer. One is a potentially frail man, the other is a trained fighter. Hes a bully and his behaviour was scummy.

And regardless of their background, any one who sexually assaults someone are also scumbags.

Theres no two ways about it, he is a low life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Big difference between someone who is a drunken buffoon who pisses on someone and a predator.

Cheating and alleged sexual assault are very different things.

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    His age isn't the point, he still sucker punched a man from behind for no reason.

Just because the victim is younger doesnt excuse his behaviour

of course it's important, if people are repeating over and over that someone beat a pensioner or old man , and it turns out it was a 50 year old it's what's known as a lie.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement