Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor Arrested for Sexual Assault

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

Did anyone read the recent book on him?

I think these acts may be a cry for help?

Perhaps he is a victim of the persona he created?

That in no way makes these acts acceptable. Money should not block justice.

I simply couldn't find the time, I'm raging now though.

There was a documentary about boy bands, narrated by Bryan McFadden, that I watched instead.

It turned out that there was some paint drying which I needed to keep an eye on.

I thought it was an ok book. Maybe could have been more balanced.

I would like to hear from Pauli Mallinagi on this latest episode

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Was he not going on about closing the airports and restricting travel etc

But it's cool for him to jet off to France on a yacht.....

of course it's important, if people are repeating over and over that someone beat a pensioner or old man , and it turns out it was a 50 year old it's what's known as a lie.

Would Bruce Lee have done it?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Would Bruce Lee have done it?

i'm only pointing out the age of the victim, everything else is valid.

• Advertisement

Was he not going on about closing the airports and restricting travel etc

But it's cool for him to jet off to France on a yacht.....

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

:)

Well the yacht didn't pick him up here did it... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Big difference between someone who is a drunken buffoon who pisses on someone and a predator.

Cheating and alleged sexual assault are very different things.

Not disagreeing with the rest of your post, but the rugby jocks are only "drunken buffoons"? Ok...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

of course it's important, if people are repeating over and over that someone beat a pensioner or old man , and it turns out it was a 50 year old it's what's known as a lie.

You're right !

It wouldn't look half as bad if the headline read
    "professional fighter assaults innocent member of the public with no reason or warning"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Granadino wrote: »
    Not disagreeing with the rest of your post, but the rugby jocks are only "drunken buffoons"? Ok...

No I am talking about the two individuals.

You cannot generalize everyone in each sporting field whether its MMA or Rugby. A lot of good people involved in both.

Adding white middle class men into it is just silly. White middle class men fight in MMA too. Likewise there are working class that play rugby.

McGregor was not from as poor a background as you think prior to MMA.

• Advertisement

You're right !

It wouldn't look half as bad if the headline read
    "professional fighter assaults innocent member of the public with no reason or warning"

just tell the truth is all i'm saying , in this thread alone there's people repeating it over and over

Granadino wrote: »
    Guaranteed there are plenty of middle and upper class men who have done the exact same things as McGregor, but because he's from a working class background, he's a "scumbag". Not defending the man as I'm not a fan, but didn't a rugby player piss on someone in a pub a few years back?
    I also know plenty of people who have been in scrapes over the years in pubs etc. None of them would be classed as "scumbags".... :rolleyes:
    I know of others who have been cheated on and cheated. I wouldn't necessarily call them "scumbags". Yes, cheating on someone is a low thing to do, but it's hardly Hutch/Kinahan territory....

McGregor has proved himself to be a scumbag over a long period of time.

This is not an isolated incident.

If anyone, regardless of where they come from or what school they went to, did the things that McGregor has been caught on camera alone (never mind the other stuff) doing they would be labelled a scumbag. And a feral scumbag at that.

The duck test – "If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck"

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Rugbymad2020

glasso wrote: »

If anyone, regardless of where they come from or what school they went to, did the things that McGregor has been caught on camera alone (never mind the other stuff) doing they would be labelled a scumbag. And a feral scumbag at that.

The duck test – "If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck"

The whole family are scum.the father walks around like he’s a somebody but the fact is he’s a scumbag and brought up a scumbag

The whole family are scum.the father walks around like he’s a somebody but the fact is he’s a scumbag and brought up a scumbag

Poor quality trolling.

Must try harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

https://blogs.unimelb.edu.au/sciencecommunication/2014/10/13/the-twisted-sex-lives-of-ducks/

"Ducks, however, are an exception. Ducks do pair off to mate, however stray males often force themselves onto females. This is especially true in Mallards (wild ducks). “Rape is a normal reproductive strategy in mallards,” says Dutch researcher Kees Moeliker."

McGregor certainly sounds like a duck!

“Following a complaint filed onSeptember 10 denouncing acts that could be described as attempted sexual assault and sexual exhibition, Mr. Conor Anthony Mac Gregor was the subject of a hearing by the gendarmerie services,” wrote the prosecutor’s office in a statement sent to AFP."

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    No I am talking about the two individuals.

You cannot generalize everyone in each sporting field whether its MMA or Rugby. A lot of good people involved in both.

Adding white middle class men into it is just silly. White middle class men fight in MMA too. Likewise there are working class that play rugby.

McGregor was not from as poor a background as you think prior to MMA.

Blue collar might have been better than "working class". I never said anything about white folk either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Ive heard that his family only moved to Lucan after they had a big insurance fraud payout. Also his old man has a criminal history from his younger days.

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Ive heard that his family only moved to Lucan after they had a big insurance fraud payout. Also his old man has a criminal history from his younger days.

interesting if true.

any idea what offence(s)?

you mean insurance payout, unless you can back up what your saying on a public forum?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

interesting if true.

any idea what offence(s)?

You'll be waiting I'd say.

could have easily slipped on a damp surface doing that pigeon walk strut if the da was also a proponent of same

or let's face it there is a lot of scope driving taxis for being involved in accidents

you specifically said fraud though implying there he was convicted?

you specifically said fraud though implying there he was convicted?

you're mixing up who said what mate

it was the other poster who said fraud

• Registered Users Posts: 56,315 ✭✭✭✭walshb

And also Conor was a proper bully when he was a teenager.

I could well believe it...

I remember during the build up to the Mayweather fight...

The real intent and deliberate dissing Floyd for being unable to read. It was a real pass remarkable below the belt type bully comment..it was uncalled for. It stood out for me.

And I know there will be needling and digs, in order to market a fight, but there still remains boundaries and lines..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

He still sucker punched a human being for nothing.

Scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

The fact that McGregor made someone like Floyd Mayweather a more likeable character just goes to show what a grade A top drawer d1ckhead he truly is.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    He still sucker punched a human being for nothing.

Scum.

exactly , so no need to make up stuff

The fact that McGregor made someone like Floyd Mayweather a more likeable character just goes to show what a grade A top drawer d1ckhead he truly is.

fact

walshb wrote: »

I could well believe it...

I remember during the build up to the Mayweather fight...

The real intent and deliberate dissing Floyd for being unable to read. It was a real pass remarkable below the belt type bully comment..it was uncalled for. It stood out for me.

And I know there will be needling and digs, in order to market a fight, but there still remains boundaries and lines..

i thought the whole mayweather buildup was nasty from conor. Really ugly. as was the Khabib build up. it was really entertaining watching him destroy previous opponents with wit. Watching opponents trying to talk back was funny!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

exactly , so no need to make up stuff

Oh grow up. Stop being pedantic.

Hes a scumbag.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement