Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor Arrested for Sexual Assault

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Annd9

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/conor-mcgregor-news-arrested-twitterinstagram-22679103.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Regardless of what people think of him maybe this story is the one to break him . I agree his previous makes him a valid target for serious criticism but the whole culture of guilt before evidence is really getting out of hand .

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Lockheed

Different sport but I wish Katie Taylor was known internationally to the extent that McGregor is, she is a much better role model for our children who are interested in learning a combat sport. McGregor an embarrassment to us as a nation and I cringe when I see him wearing the Irish flag or when I see people try to defend him.

Annd9 wrote: »
    https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/conor-mcgregor-news-arrested-twitterinstagram-22679103.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Regardless of what people think of him maybe this story is the one to break him . I agree his previous makes him a valid target for serious criticism but the whole culture of guilt before evidence is really getting out of hand .

Not going to be much sympathy for this guy. Obviously goes knob-head extreme when on the sauce. It's all gone to his head, through his nostrils.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Feets

not yet wrote: »
    The girl got paid off.

I highly doubt that that woman got paid off. a) it wasn't reported that the gardai dropped the case and b) her violent rape is not something you take money for, you want guilt admission.

I really don't believe that case dissapeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Feets wrote: »
    I highly doubt that that woman got paid off. a) it wasn't reported that the gardai dropped the case and b) her violent rape is not something you take money for, you want guilt admission.

I really don't believe that case dissapeared.

I heard it didn’t get passed the dpp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Feets

I heard it didn’t get passed the dpp

Oh dear. surprising considering the details passed around.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Feets wrote: »
    Oh dear. surprising considering the details passed around.

Chinese whispers along with my mate down the pub heard from his mates ma ,who said she heard from your one down the road

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Could he sue everyone who calls him a rapist here if he was to see them?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

US2 wrote: »
    Could he sue everyone who calls him a rapist here if he was to see them?

Of course he could. If he was to lose endorsements or an advertising contract or anything like that over slander he could take a paper to the cleaners. Bigtime.

He wouldn't even have to lose contracts, if he could prove slander was affecting a cent of his earning potential it could get pricey for whoever slandered him, he is worth millions and millions of euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,433 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I support the woman who didn't want his attention.

I don't hate Bono so your statement is not true in all cases.

Lies. Everyone hates Bono

• Advertisement

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Of course he could. If he was to lose endorsements or an advertising contract or anything like that over slander he could take a paper to the cleaners. Bigtime.

He wouldn't even have to lose contracts, if he could prove slander was affecting a cent of his earning potential it could get pricey for whoever slandered him, he is worth millions and millions of euro.

He won't be worried about suing anyone if some 7-foot tall North African lads are tearing him a new asshole in a Marseille prison cell.

glasso wrote: »
    He won't be worried about suing anyone if some 7-foot tall North African lads are tearing him a new asshole in a Marseille prison cell.

You really do not like him do you?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,640 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

The next unsubstantiated anecdote "from a mate" or "I heard about" without some kind of credible backup is going to earn a threadban, thread is getting ridiculous now

You really do not like him do you?

- my main gripe is as I've explained is that I have some pride in being Irish and it's frankly disgusting to see this scumbag thug use the Irish flag to cash in and be considered as evidence of what it is to be Irish on the international stage

- also, it created a fulcrum point for a horrendous army of muppets like this lot
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLNOnPsfYbI&feature=youtu.be&list=PLk5wGB7hJcQIkIvvE-LQPRPUrDxw8tsRq&t=113

- I believe that he has done some things that are very bad and have not been punished - the marching powder and booze combo effect on his scummer-ego along with his crim hangers on gang in town are prone to bad things

He's not going to stop himself so I hope that he's stopped

If there is a case to answer here it could be ironic that the Sophie Toscan du Plantier murder could have a bearing on things - the French system may see this as a chance to get even a bit for not extraditing Bailey.

my main gripe is as I've explained is that I have some pride in being Irish and it's frankly disgusting to see this scumbag thug use the Irish flag to cash in and be considered as evidence of what it is to be Irish on the international stage

I have been saying the same about Colin Farrell for 2 decades now.... and Cian Egan.

Just Saying.

In a country with 6 million people not everyone is entitled to be representative of what each and everyone has designs about their " Irish" ness.

You are Irish, but your nationality should not involve you in what you are. Be a free person at least. Being Irish is not all about waving tricolors and singing rebel songs ether, no matter much fun that is when your hammered.

As I said, I have dropped my own kacks in public myself when under the influence a few times over the years, trolley runs are usually good fun.

- also, it created a fulcrum point for a horrendous army of muppets like this lot
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLNOnPsfYbI&feature=youtu.be&list=PLk5wGB7hJcQIkIvvE-LQPRPUrDxw8tsRq&t=113

I know they are cringey enough, but as I said his fans have no reflection on your nationality or otherwise.

Go down to Croker or Lansdowne an hour before throw in and you get the same crap from fans, it happens.

I have been saying the same about Colin Farrell for 2 decades now.... and Cian Egan.

Just Saying.

In a country with 6 million people not everyone is entitled to be representative of what each and everyone has designs about their " Irish" ness.

You are Irish, but your nationality should not involve you in what you are. Be a free person at least. Being Irish is not all about waving tricolors and singing rebel songs ether, no matter much fun that is when your hammered.

with all due respect I don't think that Farrell or Cian Egan are anywhere near the same level of sustained scumbaggery or notoriety for same

with all due respect I don't think that Farrell or Cian Egan are anywhere near the same level of sustained scumbaggery or notoriety for same

Ah they are, you just haven't noticed yet.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭macpaccrack

I thought Colin Farrell is considered a really decent person by all accounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Holy ****e, everything about the video is cringeworthy. Cringe cringe cringe, and the yanks probably loved them anyway. :confused:

I thought Conor would have been hanging out with the other tacky folk in "Marbs"...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Collie D wrote: »
    I anticipate a highly reasoned discussion

Yup. :D

This is genuinely what I'm about to do with this thread:

• Registered Users Posts: 56,315 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I thought Colin Farrell is considered a really decent person by all accounts?

Seems to be now..

All his so called hell-raising days are over. All very much contrived by him and his team..

If you believe half the pathetic garbage put out about Farrell years ago, you’d think Oliver Reed was teetotal in comparison...

All an act...it’s the pathetic lives and mentality of people who become a wee bit famous and a wee bit noticed..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Annd9 wrote: »

Pulling out the mental health card is low, even for him. A harsh comedown isn't depression.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Wtf is Farrell supposed to have done?

Pulling out the mental health card is low, even for him. A harsh comedown isn't depression.

Yep. The predictable answer that many jump to to explain their bad behaviours..the mental health card...and how so many people fall for it puzzles me..

Very clever move from his team here...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Odhinn wrote: »
    Wtf is Farrell supposed to have done?

He has a sextape but I didn't tell you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Just Saying.

As I said, I have dropped my own kacks in public myself when under the influence a few times over the years, trolley runs are usually good fun.

You cannot put McGregor in the same category as Farrell.

Farrell is a genuinely great ambassador for Ireland and seems like a very humble guy. Rarely if ever in the news for the wrong reason and after a stuttering start has turned into a really fine actor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭macpaccrack

He has a sextape but I didn't tell you ;)

Yeah? Hardly scumbag behaviour. Jesus christ.

You cannot put McGregor in the same category as Farrell.

Farrell is a genuinely great ambassador for Ireland and seems like a very humble guy. Rarely if ever in the news for the wrong reason and after a stuttering start has turned into a really fine actor.

He was an absolute tool for several years. far from a fooking ambassador!

We really are setting the bar low!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

walshb wrote: »
    He was an absolute tool for several years. far from a fooking ambassador!

We really are setting the bar low!!

A tool in the same category as McGregor?

He's turned it around, forever fund raising for Special Olympics and other causes, given up the drink I think and raising two kids.

McGregor is just a national embarrassment at this stage. The guy needs to retire and get off the stage.

Dragging the name of Ireland through the mud to get publicity for his next "fight" is wearing thin at this stage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement