Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor Arrested for Sexual Assault

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56,315 ✭✭✭✭walshb

A tool in the same category as McGregor?

He's turned it around, forever fund raising for Special Olympics and other causes, given up the drink I think and raising two kids.

McGregor is just a national embarrassment at this stage. The guy needs to retire and get off the stage.

Dragging the name of Ireland through the mud to get publicity for his next roll-a-round in the ring is wearing thin at this stage.

I am not comparing him to McGregor..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

walshb wrote: »
    I am not comparing him to McGregor..

Another poster was and tried to put them in the same category as embarrassments to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭paul71

His status as a national icon or embarrassment is irrelevant, the only concern should be protecting women from him, in France Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,315 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Another poster was and tried to put them in the same category as embarrassments to Ireland.

Both are/were...

That’s not comparing them..

paul71 wrote: »
    His status as a national icon or embarrassment is irrelevant, the only concern should be protecting women from him, in France Ireland and elsewhere.

Indeed but you can't say that about the cases in Ireland can you.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭paul71

glasso wrote: »
    Indeed but you can't say that about the cases in Ireland can you.....

Which has unfortunately lead directly to another young woman suffering from his depravities.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

If you are referring to my post you need to read it correctly.

What I was saying was that I hate Colin Farrell ( and Cian Egan btw). I was not comparing my subjective hatred of both men to others' hatred of McGregor, which, as I have said before, I don't really have any malign towards the guy, I won't be going for pints with him either, but I don't get the begrudgery, although this is Ireland.

Secondly, I alluded to being Irish, whilst being ones birthright, it also offers all citizens an avenue of association. You simply won't ever ever ever ever ever catch me dressed like a shiny leprechaun hanging around jarred outside a sports venue waving a tricolor ( unless it was Halloween or a dare ). However that does not disallow me ownership of my own love of this country and how I chose to express my loyalty to her. Waving tricolors and roaring Amhrán na bhfíann whilst being a very noble exercise, it does or should not equate as a measure of citizens' loyalty to Ireland. Just look at the evidence of all the madsers protesting down O'Connell street every Saturday, patriots they might be, they also wave " my " flag. But there is phuck all I or you or anyone can do about their fanatical ideals, at all. I mean the Ivory Coast might have the same gripe.

So as an Irish citizen he has every right to wave the flag and play that tune. It might irritate you, but there lies the perils of association.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    If you are referring to my post you need to read it correctly.

What I was saying was that I hate Colin Farrell ( and Cian Egan btw). I was not comparing my subjective hatred of both men to others' hatred of McGregor, which, as I have said before, I don't really have any malign towards the guy, I won't be going for pints with him either, but I don't get the begrudgery, although this is Ireland.

Secondly, I alluded to being Irish, whilst being ones birthright, it also offers all citizens an avenue of association. You simply won't ever ever ever ever ever catch me dressed like a shiny leprechaun hanging around jarred outside a sports venue waving a tricolor ( unless it was Halloween or a dare ). However that does not disallow me ownership of my own love of this country and how I chose to express my loyalty to her. Waving tricolors and roaring Amhrán na bhfíann whilst being a very noble exercise, it does or should not equate as a measure of citizens' loyalty to Ireland. Just look at the evidence of all the madsers protesting down O'Connell street every Saturday, patriots they might be, they also wave " my " flag. But there is phuck all I or you or anyone can do about their fanatical ideals, at all. I mean the Ivory Coast might have the same gripe.

So as an Irish citizen he has every right to wave the flag and play that tune. It might irritate you, but there lies the perils of association.

I love my country. Theres no 'begrudgery' of McGregor for me and Im guessing most posters in this thread.

Dont mistake my hatred for criminal activity, especially sexual crimes, as a form of jealousy of anyones sucesss.

His scumbag actions are my reasons for looking negatively at him.

Had he not sucker punched someone in public or had he not flung a trolley at a bus, maybe I would have a different opinion.

Innocent until proven guilty. It's an important aspect of most Justice systems. He is, afterall a rich man not known for his intelligence or ability to remain faithful. An easy target. Or he could be a sexual predator. We don't know yet.

His videos and ego are hilarious though, especially because he thinks he's someone worth listening to on subjects he knows **** all about. That corona one was pure cringe

I wonder how he managed to get to this position. It requires ambition, dedication and commitment to the cause and career which he completely seems to have none of now and will he remain rich for long. Yacht, private jets, large houses and pay offs aren't cheap. And I doubt his cut of the whiskey is covering it.

I wonder how he managed to get to this position. It requires ambition, dedication and commitment which he completely seems to leave now andwill he remain rich for long. Yacht, private jets, large houses and pay offs aren't cheap. And I doubt his cut of the whiskey is covering it.

I've been saying it for a while.. he'll be bankrupt by 40..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

He has a sextape but I didn't tell you ;)

...that won't cause the breakdown of western civilisation, lets face it.

Odhinn wrote: »
    ...that won't cause the breakdown of western civilisation, lets face it.

Doesn't mean Colin Farrell is not a dick either.

Mod: Libelous minefield removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,093 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Ok there is a lot to unpack there....

You don't honestly have a clue what you are talking about on the last part.
    It was a very willing sex partner...and he definitely was not the person that published it online, in fact he sued to have it stopped.

It was also what 15+ years ago? He has gone through rehab etc and has seemingly cleaned himself up.
    He is in no way comparable.

gmisk wrote: »
    Ok there is a lot to unpack there....

You don't honestly have a clue what you are talking about on the last part.
    It was a very willing sex partner...and he definitely was not the person that published it online, in fact he sued to have it stopped.

It was also what 15+ years ago? He has gone through rehab etc and has seemingly cleaned himself up.
    He is in no way comparable.

Rehab for what?

I've been saying it for a while.. he'll be bankrupt by 40..

Nah he made enough from the Mayweather fight that he'll be fine. If it hadn't been for that then more than likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,093 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Rehab for what?
    Recreational drugs and painkillers as far as I remember

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dressoutlet

If it was the creepy fella on your road, nobody would be saying innocent u til proven guilty, he'd be burnt out of his house after the 1st accusation. Never mind 3 or 4 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Nah he made enough from the Mayweather fight that he'll be fine. If it hadn't been for that then more than likely.

Never under estimate the self destructive power of 'colombian marching powder'. Terrible decision making, a leeching entourage, all the signs seem to be there. It's actually a bit tragic.

gmisk wrote: »
    Recreational drugs and painkillers as far as I remember

Don't make me laugh.

Half what you see and none of what you hear or read.

Total spoofer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭threeball

Tyson was worth 5 times as much at his peak and was bankrupt within 10yrs. A fool and his money....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

Odhinn wrote: »
    Never under estimate the self destructive power of 'colombian marching powder'. Terrible decision making, a leeching entourage, all the signs seem to be there. It's actually a bit tragic.

Given the guys personality and who he mixes with it's not tragic at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

He's got an impressive CV in regards to this type of thing at this stage.

He seems determined to have a stint in Arbor Hill. Hard to see him remaining financially solvent into old age at this rate.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

People like mcgregor because they associate his fights with being able to continue drinking on a Saturday night till 6am while watching his fights.
    Mcgregor fight = great pissup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭HotDudeLife

I don't get the hate, chap dragged himself up from poverty to multi-millionaire in the span of 6 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭inthenip

I don't get the hate, chap dragged himself up from poverty to multi-millionaire in the span of 6 years

Hes worth 75 million apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

JJayoo wrote: »
    People like mcgregor because they associate his fights with being able to continue drinking on a Saturday night till 6am while watching his fights.

What about the people who don't stay up late but record it and watch it the next morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭HotDudeLife

inthenip wrote: »
    Hes worth 75 million apparently.

And with that comes with hate and bs rumours.

Fair play to him, the average poster here probably couldn't do a pull up, let alone train boxing/MMA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭inthenip

JJayoo wrote: »

You could say the same for some of the boxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Alias G

Poverty my hole. Have you seen the original family home? Nothing hard up about it. You may be right about the dragged up part though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

He'll never lose all that money his family, his grand-kids and their families will always have lots of money....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement