Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor Arrested for Sexual Assault

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

I don't get the hate, chap dragged himself up from poverty to multi-millionaire in the span of 6 years

Poverty haha . A plumber from a middle class suburb of Lucan

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

Wasnt McGregor the man only a few months ago issuing a cringeworthy plea to 'my people' about battling the covid. Fast forward a few months and he's holidaying in a country that isnt even on the green list of countries deemed safe to travel to.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,340 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I don't get the hate, chap dragged himself up from poverty to multi-millionaire in the span of 6 years

What has his financial position early in life to do with this? Even if he was far from fooking poverty..

Wealthy, comfortable, ok, struggling, broke!!!! Who cares. Behaviour is behaviour..

Your point is illogical...nothing really to do with this..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭inthenip

walshb wrote: »
    What has his financial position early in life to do with this? Even if he was far from fooking poverty..

Wealthy, comfortable, ok, struggling, broke!!!! Who cares. Behaviour is behaviour..

Your point is illogical...nothing really to do with this..

We've all made mistakes, hopefully he learns from it.

He is Irelands most famous person at the moment.

inthenip wrote: »

Agree with both points here...but not sure what they have to do with anything..

People get called out for bad behaviour all the time. That is all that is happening here...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

How many second chances do you think he deserves at this stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

I agree he is up there with the most famous Irish people, perhaps only bono and a few Hollywood actors more widely known.
    Brendan Gleeson, Liam Neeson, just those off top of my head.
    But increasingly he's known for scumbag antics and not mma

Has he not been kind of forgotten about by now?..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I don't think he was dressing in his cousins' handmedowns, but I see what you mean.

But you have answered your own question, most people hate him because he is such a commercial success and yet disobeys all the rules. He is a real Alpha Male, his wife sticks with him and he will be living a charmed existence.

It is a simple case of haters, as I said you may as well kiss his ass as far as I can see. He is not my cup of tea, but I am over wasting my energy hating on someone who has earnt every cent.

Finally, I doubt anyone posting here would dare say it to his face?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I don't think he was dressing in his cousins' handmedowns, but I see what you mean.

But you have answered your own question, most people hate him because he is such a commercial success and yet disobeys all the rules. He is a real Alpha Male, his wife sticks with him and he will be living a charmed existence.

It is a simple case of haters, as I said you may as well kiss his ass as far as I can see. He is not my cup of tea, but I am over wasting my energy hating on someone who has earnt every cent.

He's a trained fighter with a history of scumbagging and has lots of scumbag friends to carry out further scumbaggery, why would we say it to his face? Or even talk to him at all? He's on self destruct anyway.

• Advertisement

So, you’re kind of implying of his propensity to violence and aggression and thuggery against people?

Say what to his face? Pull him up on his behaviours?

So, you are implying he’d be incapable of civilised discourse and dialogue? That he’d more likely go straight to physically attacking?

And you would likely be very right, considering that abhorrent attack on a man minding his own business in a public house..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,857 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Remember your man Dublin Jimmy that died of a heart attack when they raided the house he was in over in Dublin. He was responsible for kidnapping and torturing Kevin Lunney.

There are probably a fair few people on here would say he was a bit of a scumbag.

But I'd bet that if he was still alive they wouldn't say it to his face. That must make him a hero I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Meeoow

McGregors water safety campaign involved blasting everybody with piss. That's why he whipped his lad out. I rest my case.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

He is Irelands most infamous person at the moment.

Sorted that there for ya.

gmisk wrote: »
    How many second chances do you think he deserves at this stage?

Loads, sure isn't he Irelands most famous person, surely that deserves loads of chances..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭inthenip

not yet wrote: »
    Loads, sure isn't he Irelands most famous person, surely that deserves loads of chances..

Innocent until proven guilty for this crime anyway.

Innocent until proven guilty for this crime anyway.

And the rest ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Do we know what he did or didn’t do yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

not yet wrote: »
    And the rest ?

What rest ? He's never been charged with any kind of sexual offense. In Ireland he has 1 conviction for punching a man. 1 for speeding, he's hardly Charles ****ing Bronson.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

I'd say it to his face in a heartbeat! I probably wouldn't be looking great for a while but the payoff settlement would be sweet as a nut.

• Advertisement

US2 wrote: »
    What rest ? He's never been charged with any kind of sexual offense. In Ireland he has 1 conviction for punching a man. 1 for speeding, he's hardly Charles ****ing Bronson.

he has 18 convictions in Ireland
    The court heard McGregor had 18 other prior convictions from 2018 going back to 2009. The majority were for driving offences such as speeding, holding a phone while driving, driving in a bus lane and documentary offence which resulted in fines.

But he had been given the Probation Act in 2009 for an assault causing harm offence.

In November, McGregor avoided a jail sentence but he was convicted and fined €1,000 for an unprovoked attack on a man in a Dublin pub.

Desmond Keogh, who was in his 50s from south west Dublin, had been at the Marble Arch Pub, Benbulben Road, in Drimnagh at about 2.30pm on 6 April last year when he was punched.

The fighter pleaded guilty and apologised at Dublin District Court on November 1 last.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/conor-mcgregor-avoids-conviction-for-motoring-offences-38907649.html

Conor's so good at getting convicted..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Poverty me hole. He grew up in a privately owned family home in Lucan.

Err...I hate to break it to you but he has 19 previous convictions...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

glasso wrote: »

I didn't realise that. Apologies. Scumbag should be publicly executed

MMA and UFC most likely saved Conor from a life of crime...

AJ similar in boxing circles...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,126 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I didn't realise that. Apologies. Scumbag should be publicly executed

Judging by this thread would draw a crowd.

walshb wrote: »
    MMA and UFC most likely saved Conor from a life of crime...

AJ similar in boxing circles...
    In fairness AJ cleaned up his act since then (I think it was about 10 years ago?) he accepted the sentence and did his community service etc.

gmisk wrote: »
    In fairness AJ cleaned up his act since then (I think it was about 10 years ago?) he accepted the sentence and did his community service etc.

no sexual offence allegations either, no assaults, no smashing up buses, people's phones, coke-ho binges etc etc

McGregor must be just "unlucky" to have 3 sexual assault allegations against him in less than 2 years....?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

So you like guys with money no matter how they act?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement