Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor Arrested for Sexual Assault

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Seems to be a bit of a scumbag, always in trouble. Poor role model. Hope no kids (or adults) look up to this lad.

He'll end up with fcukall working as a bouncer somewhere. Or else he'll be knocked off. He just can't stay away from trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

And with that comes with hate and bs rumours.

Fair play to him, the average poster here probably couldn't do a pull up, let alone train boxing/MMA

The average poster here hasn't got sex assault accusation interviews with the authorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,315 ✭✭✭✭walshb

gmisk wrote: »
    In fairness AJ cleaned up his act since then (I think it was about 10 years ago?) he accepted the sentence and did his community service etc.

My point was that boxing likely saved him..

Gave him a purpose, a path, a goal, a vision...

Without boxing, or a career, AJ may well have been involved in criminality..the hallmarks were there..

It’s just how some people are wired. There’s a bit of badness, madness, defiance, aggression, contempt, spite in them......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

US2 wrote: »
    What rest ? He's never been charged with any kind of sexual offense. In Ireland he has 1 conviction for punching a man. 1 for speeding, he's hardly Charles ****ing Bronson.

New York doesn't count so..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Just reading his tweet about USADA turning up to test him... Wonder was it the tester that he pulled out his flute to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

gmisk wrote: »
    Err...I hate to break it to you but he has 19 previous convictions...

Shush now with that kind of talk, his fanboys don't like it..

Tyson would have been a far better example..

An out and out scumbag/toerag before boxing saved him, and likely others, from his propensity for violence...

But, unfortunately for Desiree Washington, boxing couldn’t protect her from him!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,857 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

walshb wrote: »
    MMA and UFC most likely saved Conor from a life of crime...

AJ similar in boxing circles...

I think the jury might be still out on that........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I don't get the hate, chap dragged himself up from poverty to multi-millionaire in the span of 6 years

Hardly poverty. Get a grip. By default in the top 5% in the world.

Jesus, you would swear by some lads he was reared by the river in Calcutta.

You have well and truly bought his guff. Its hard to fathom how stupid and idiotic people can be in this day and age. Eat up every think they read nó matter what the platform.

"The mean streets of Laraghcon"

Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Lockheed wrote: »
    Different sport but I wish Katie Taylor was known internationally to the extent that McGregor is, she is a much better role model for our children who are interested in learning a combat sport. McGregor an embarrassment to us as a nation and I cringe when I see him wearing the Irish flag or when I see people try to defend him.

Yes, pity that the world of sport doesn't have a champion of Jesus loving role model belt, she'd be a shoe in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Yes, pity that the world of sport doesn't have a champion of Jesus loving role model belt, she'd be a shoe in.

Shame there's no sniffhead role model belt for Conor :)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Lougarden

I don't get the hate, chap dragged himself up from poverty to multi-millionaire in the span of 6 years

He came from a decent home. He was supported by his girlfriend financially when training. He was found to be entertaining for a while, now pulls the piss out of his family, assaults people & as a millionaire plays with old scum. D will get her pay out financially & stability that she deserves and he should not. He is not an Irish sports person to look up to and kids shouldn't be taught to look up to him either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Lougarden wrote: »
    He came from a decent home. He was supported by his girlfriend financially when training. He was found to be entertaining for a while, now pulls the piss out of his family, assaults people & as a millionaire plays with old scum. D will get her pay out financially & stability that she deserves and he should not. He is not an Irish sports person to look up to and kids shouldn't be taught to look up to him either.

Apparently he was a pretty nasty bully growing up. Shame he's only a role model to easily impressed goons.

Tell you what let's have his next fight over in Pakistan if he manages to lawyer / buy out of this one

Pakistan's Prime Minister Imran Khan calls for chemical castration of perpetrators of sex crimes https://jrnl.ie/5204783

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Fame is the mask that eats into the face.

I think the jury might be still out on that........

I meant a life of deliberate and intentional and planned crime..career type stuff..

MMA kept him occupied and out of that..

Yes, he still has been in trouble, but it could have been a lot more crime had he never found MMA-UFC

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

We all know what the final chapter in his book reads like. Broke, Seperated, washed up, bitter, talking ****e, deserted by the ‘friends‘ that were only around Because of the money and fame that has long since evaporated, convicted of a few more crimes. The thing about this world is you get what you deserve, and he deserved his rise to fame because he was massively talented and worked hard, but he’s deserving of an equally fast drop to the bottom because of his behaviour.

If he was the champion he thinks he is then he would be getting back into the octagon and avenging the khabib defeat, but he knows he can’t, he knows he’s not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,433 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I meant a life of deliberate and intentional and planned crime..career type stuff..

MMA kept him occupied and out of that..

Yes, he still has been in trouble, but it could have been a lot more crime had he never found MMA-UFC
    There is no indication he would be involved in crime if he didn't find MMA. He was a regular lad with a job and no more likely to be involved in crime than the rest of us

breezy1985 wrote: »
    There is no indication he would be involved in crime if he didn't find MMA. He was a regular lad with a job and no more likely to be involved in crime than the rest of us

This is just not logical..

Look at the company he keeps and associates with..

Nonsense to suggest he is just like the rest of us..

Of course, we can’t know for certain..

• Registered Users Posts: 26,433 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

This is just not logical..

Look at the company he keeps and associates with..

Nonsense to suggest he is just like the rest of us..

Of course, we can’t know for certain..

What kind of company was he keeping before joining MMA and becoming famous that would indicate this? Other plumbers in Lucan ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

What job? He couldn't hack it as an apprentice plumber and packed that in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭HBC08

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    If you are referring to my post you need to read it correctly.

What I was saying was that I hate Colin Farrell ( and Cian Egan btw). I was not comparing my subjective hatred of both men to others' hatred of McGregor, which, as I have said before, I don't really have any malign towards the guy, I won't be going for pints with him either, but I don't get the begrudgery, although this is Ireland.

Secondly, I alluded to being Irish, whilst being ones birthright, it also offers all citizens an avenue of association. You simply won't ever ever ever ever ever catch me dressed like a shiny leprechaun hanging around jarred outside a sports venue waving a tricolor ( unless it was Halloween or a dare ). However that does not disallow me ownership of my own love of this country and how I chose to express my loyalty to her. Waving tricolors and roaring Amhrán na bhfíann whilst being a very noble exercise, it does or should not equate as a measure of citizens' loyalty to Ireland. Just look at the evidence of all the madsers protesting down O'Connell street every Saturday, patriots they might be, they also wave " my " flag. But there is phuck all I or you or anyone can do about their fanatical ideals, at all. I mean the Ivory Coast might have the same gripe.

So as an Irish citizen he has every right to wave the flag and play that tune. It might irritate you, but there lies the perils of association.

Calling out a violent scumbag is not bedgrudery ffs.

Nah he made enough from the Mayweather fight that he'll be fine. If it hadn't been for that then more than likely.

100 million, minus Vegas tax on that amount would be about 40% all in. Leaves 60 million

60 million. 3.5 million on latest yacht. 12 million for original apparently. Use of private jets. Cars, jewellery amounting to millions more. Let's say 4.5 million to keep it simple

He's down to 40 million already.

Now there's three house at an additional 2 million. 38 million left. If course I'm also missing euros and dollars.

Now he has continued expenses that's pecking at that already plus the actual cost that he paid for the fight to happen.

Some estimates are that he walked with 30 million dollars (25 million euro at the time) from that fight which would mean it's almost completely gone already within a few years.

No one that gets that kind of money is going to be smart from the start. Yuu buy a house, you buy a car and yeah you splash out but he's gone nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

100 million, minus Vegas tax on that amount would be about 40% all in. Leaves 60 million

60 million. 3.5 million on latest yacht. 12 million for original apparently. Use of private jets. Cars, jewellery amounting to millions more. Let's say 4.5 million to keep it simple

Now there's three house at an additional 2 million. 38 million left. If course I'm also missing euros and dollars.

Now he has continued expenses that's pecking at that already plus the actual cost that he paid for the fight to happen.

Some estimates are that he walked with 30 million dollars (25 million euro at the time) from that fight which would mean it's almost completely gone already within a few years.

No one that gets that kind of money is going to be smart from the start. Yuu buy a house, you buy a car and yeah you splash out but he's gone nuts.

that cash was most likely invested and is making a return
    it is highly unlikely he only has that money, he would have current income also.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,077 ✭✭✭joeguevara

What about his whiskey sales. Revenue of 1 billion dollars in the first year. Im sure that keeps him in a few suits for a while.

What kind of company was he keeping before joining MMA and becoming famous that would indicate this? Other plumbers in Lucan ?

He was on the dole for years. His association with criminals is not a secret so I really don't know why you are trying to make it one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

Listen i can't stand the guy but nobody can say he's not a smart business man.

He has a lot of other business interests that make him a lot of money. I think i read last year alone his whiskey made over 1 billion dollars in sales of his taste like piss whiskey proper 12. It's one the reasons he can't motivate himself to fight an actual opponent anymore.

As Marvin Hagler once said, "it's hard to get out of bed at 5am in the morning to do road work when you've been sleeping in silk pajamas"

joeguevara wrote: »
    What about his whiskey sales. Revenue of 1 billion dollars in the first year. Im sure that keeps him in a few suits for a while.

Possible so but like most businesses, it's profits are after a few years and generally pumped back in and used to develop a reserve before paying out to shareholders. The sales number is not indicative of his actual profits. I don't think he has ever said his actual percentage has he?

Listen i can't stand the guy but nobody can say he's not a smart business man.

He has a lot of other business interests that make him a lot of money. I think i read last year alone his whiskey made over 1 billion dollars in sales of his taste like piss whiskey proper 12. It's one the reasons he can't motivate himself to fight an actual opponent anymore.

As Marvin Hagler once said, "it's hard to get out of bed at 5am in the morning to do road work when you've been sleeping in silk pajamas"

Again, companies can make billions in sales and actually be losing money.

What other massive business profits has he got? How much profit does he need to cover his lifestyle which includes pay offs?

Maybe he makes enough money long enough into retirement to cover a very comfortable lifestyle but he isn't living conformance, he's living extravagant.

In addition and one of my hates here, you bring his Whiskey into it when my comment was based entirely on the claim that he earned enough from mayweather to live it this life. THAT'S the comment I was responding to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭inthenip

Again, companies can make billions in sales and actually be losing money.

What other massive business profits has he got? How much profit does he need to cover his lifestyle which includes pay offs?

Maybe he makes enough money long enough into retirement to cover a very comfortable lifestyle but he isn't living conformance, he's living extravagant.

In addition and one of my hates here, you bring his Whiskey into it when my comment was based entirely on the claim that he earned enough from mayweather to live it this life. THAT'S the comment I was responding to.

You've not included his UFC rights and his sponsorship with Reebok and Monster energy is worth something like 8 million a year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement