Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor Arrested for Sexual Assault

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Call me old fashioned but I don’t believe there is any lady on earth who would be able to beat me in a fight. Just saying.
    And I think only few females from the animal kingdom could maybe get the better of me in an unarmed combat, such as a tiger, grizzly bear, elephant or lioness.

I don't know what size you are or if you have any martial arts background or anything, but you're probably wrong. A professional female fighter would **** up the average untrained man.
    There isn't. You are twice as strong as a woman. And even more than that when it comes to upper body strength.

Bonkers assertion. Do you think the average lad is taking on Katie Taylor and winning?

Dozens of videos on youtube of trained female fighters destroying men.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,300 ✭✭✭✭walshb

RWCNT wrote: »
    I don't know what size you are or if you have any martial arts background or anything, but you're probably wrong. A professional female fighter would **** up the average untrained man.

Well, you could be wrong. The key is the innate difference in power-force. Women do not come near the power of men.

So, even a trained woman landing on an untrained man is not near as dangerous as the other way around...

An untrained man has a lot of hope of taking the power of the trained woman....the trained woman has very little chance of taking the power of the untrained average man...

Average men are still far stronger than trained women..

All it takes is one decent shot from a man to seriously hurt a woman...

Men who have never trained can still throw kicks and punches.....

It's not rocket science.....

You are well off here....

I have seen many many average men throwing punches and kicks...and no way would I back any woman against them....

Sure, one could pick a weak man and argue your point..but in general, the average run of the mill healthy man could do serious damage to any woman if the man lands....

Bonkers assertion. Do you think the average lad is taking on Katie Taylor and winning?.

Yes...quite possibly. Maybe not skill wise, but he'd knock her clean out the second he lands one shot, and she is not near un-hittable.....

Plus, for all her talent, she can't burst a grape....

I have trained very average white collar lads that would knock her clean out once they landed.....

This is MEN V WOMEN.......It's a no contest.....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

This gas gone way off topic. Sheesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

walshb wrote: »
    Yes...quite possibly. Maybe not skill wise, but he'd knock her clean out the second he lands one shot, and she is not near un-hittable.....

I have trained very average white collar lads that would knock her clean out once they landed.....

You train boxers? I'm very surprised this is your opinion then. I've well over a decade's experience in various martial arts - if they land is one thing but I'vwe seen big strong but inexperienced lads struggle to lay a finger on women or much smaller men with good head movement and footwork.

You may well know more than me though and I'll agree to disagree even if I'm wrong, as we're dragging the thread off topic.

• Advertisement

McGregor himself is 1.73m - just under 5 foot 7 - it's manlet size.

I've seen him out in Dublin - he's a small guy.

I would actually attribute this to some of his issues - small man syndrome.

He's a trained fighter but a much bigger guy will have a good chance of dominating him even if he's not a pro fighter - depending on the circumstances e.g. a tight space for example - that's why have divisions in boxing and mma etc

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭dockysher

glasso wrote: »

He's a trained fighter but a much bigger guy will have a good chance of dominating him even if he's not a pro fighter - depending on the circumstances e.g. a tight space for example - that's why have divisions in boxing and mma etc
    Mcgregor has big arm length for size and is a well built 155r, yes he is on the short side. But no way in hell an untrained fighter stands a chance against him unless size difference is massive i.e the mountain v mcgregor.
    Just takes one kick to head and its not just as simple as grabbing him and picking him up with pro-fighters wrestling and jiu-jitsu no matter how big and strong u were be hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,077 ✭✭✭joeguevara

This is gotten farcical. MMA analysts like Noel O Keefe have been recently vocal about how dangerous some matchups have been recently in smaller events where people without a win (but trained in mma) matching up with people with 10 wins and how dangerous it could be.

And now people are saying that a world champion elite fighter could be dominated by a much bigger amateur. The same elite fighter who was so quick that they slipped in a KO punch against Aldo, wouldn't be a match for a much bigger amateur.

Is this really what the world has come to....people thinking they can even get a touch on an elite fighter, because they are 5 inches and 20lbs of fat more?

joeguevara wrote: »
    This is gotten farcical. MMA analysts like Noel O Keefe have been recently vocal about how dangerous some matchups have been recently in smaller events where people without a win (but trained in mma) matching up with people with 10 wins and how dangerous it could be.

And now people are saying that a world champion elite fighter could be dominated by a much bigger amateur. The same elite fighter who was so quick that they slipped in a KO punch against Aldo, wouldn't be a match for a much bigger amateur.

Is this really what the world has come to....people thinking they can even get a touch on an elite fighter, because they are 5 inches and 20lbs of fat more?

I said in certain circumstances - nobody was saying they would beat McGregor in an octagon. But a much bigger and stronger (well built and not fat) guy in tight spot bar fight with no space in a crowd - different situation completely and size and strength are a big advantage there.

anyway my point is that I believe that him being such a short-arse is linked to his aggression issues (sucker-punching older lads in bars, trolley-throwing, phone-smashing etc) and possibly the "allegations" regarding women also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I said in certain circumstances - nobody was saying they would beat McGregor in an octagon. But a much bigger and stronger (well built and not fat) guy in tight spot bar fight with no space in a crowd - different situation completely and size and strength are a big advantage there.

anyway my point is that I believe that him being such a short-arse is linked to his aggression issues (sucker-punching older lads in bars, trolley-throwing, phone-smashing etc) and possibly the "allegations" regarding women also.

Do you think you would beat up Conor McGregor in a fight in a pub with a crowd? Ya know he is also a brown belt in BJJ?

• Advertisement

Ush1 wrote: »
    Do you think you would beat up Conor McGregor in a fight in a pub with a crowd? Ya know he is also a brown belt in BJJ?

did I say that, no I didn't.

I didn't even say that a much bigger and stronger guy would beat him in a pub fight in a tight crowd - I said that it's an advantage for the bigger and stronger guy there in that situation and the bigger guy has a better chance - I didn't say who would win. I don't know who would win but the result is not a given.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Next you will be saying Alpha males and beta males don't exist. :rolleyes:

Hate always comes from the bottom

So does ****e.

something suggests he also thinks under the right circumstances hed score a goal in the FA Cup final, successfully flirt with Heidi Klum and keep up with Usain Bolt for 75 metres in the Olympic final. Fcuk it, its all about a tight spot in a bar and being bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭dockysher

He would have you hit 4 times at least before u even throw a punch with speed and skill difference, no matter how tight the space was and no matter where the venue. So u want be a hell of a tough guy to think u stand any chance.
    Anyways I think u probly have a point though on the short-arse idea of why he so aggressive in normal life. He would like to think he is heavyweight champ, any weight anytime he said many times, even calling out brock lesnar years ago but when usman called him out recently for title fight he went very quiet. He would get murdered by heavier divisions in UFC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Back to the thread subject again, I see kavanagh has posted again yday from Vegas with positive mention to Conor. Would he keep doing this if Conor is out there wreaking havoc on innocent people??

I’v€ no id€a why. I gu€$$ h€‘$ ju$t a good pal. €€€€€.

If you’d a hen that layed golden eggs, you wouldn’t eat it for dinner.

did I say that, no I didn't.

I didn't even say that a much bigger and stronger guy would beat him in a pub fight in a tight crowd - I said that it's an advantage for the bigger and stronger guy there in that situation and the bigger guy has a better chance - I didn't say who would win. I don't know who would win but the result is not a given.

What odds would Paddy Power give do ya think?

Why would a tight crowd help? Probably worse for the big lad if he cant get a punch off and Conor just takes him down and does literally whatever he wants to him.

Actually I can't believe I'm discussing this...:pac:

What odds would Paddy Power give do ya think?

Why would a tight crowd help? Probably worse for the big lad if he cant get a punch off and Conor just takes him down and does literally whatever he wants to him.

Actually I can't believe I'm discussing this...:pac:

right. he wins. every time. with each hand holding a fanboy's cock on either side of him so he can only use his head.

moving on then ->

About him being a total short-arse - what's your opinion on that making him have an aggressive chip on his shoulder?

right. he wins. every time. with each hand holding a fanboy's cock on either side of him so he can only use his head.

moving on then ->

About him being a total short-arse - what's your opinion on that making him have an aggressive chip on his shoulder?

Maybe, think he's 5 foot 8 which isn't far off average height for men in Ireland I think.

Fighters and aggressive lads come in all shapes and sizes though.

Maybe, think he's 5 foot 8 which isn't far off average height for men in Ireland I think.

Fighters and aggressive lads come in all shapes and sizes though.

that's true.

I certainly do think that it plays a part though.

Probably more especially if you're involved in an aggressive business...

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Detritus70

Call me old fashioned but I don’t believe there is any lady on earth who would be able to beat me in a fight. Just saying.
    And I think only few females from the animal kingdom could maybe get the better of me in an unarmed combat, such as a tiger, grizzly bear, elephant or lioness.

You'd get your ass kicked so hard.

"I'm not a Trump supporter, but..." is the new "I'm not a racist, but...".

• Advertisement

You train boxers? I'm very surprised this is your opinion then. I've well over a decade's experience in various martial arts - if they land is one thing but I'vwe seen big strong but inexperienced lads struggle to lay a finger on women or much smaller men with good head movement and footwork.

You may well know more than me though and I'll agree to disagree even if I'm wrong, as we're dragging the thread off topic.

It's all well and good IF the woman doesn't get hit...but that is not the way things always work out.....

Seen it so much....males in with females across all ages and experiences....it's glaring how clearly superior the males are in terms of what really matters, power and strength....

That is why when sparring, the males have to go a lot easier......

Even a female that is clearly bigger will still struggle against the smaller male...the power and strength is with the male....

Katie could out-think and outmaneuver and outsmart all she wants against a non trained average man.....I get this.....but the second the man lands clean, and he will always have that chance, it's lights out....end of...

I dont see how this Mrs X would batter Mr Y nonsense has anithing to do with the thread.

I feel this allegation is going to just fizzle out and we will hear no more about it.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I dont see how this Mrs X would batter Mr Y nonsense has anithing to do with the thread.

I feel this allegation is going to just fizzle out and we will hear no more about it.

I wonder about the 3 allegations now - 2 in Ireland and the one here.

The two in Ireland are much more serious, most especially the one from December 2018.

Still does seem highly "unlucky" out of the thousands of wealthy sports people out there, that this individual in particular has manged to rack up 3 allegations of sexual assault against him in less than 2 years.

I wonder about the 3 allegations now - 2 in Ireland and the one here.

The two in Ireland are much more serious, most especially the one from December 2018.

Still does seem highly "unlucky" out of the thousands of wealthy sports people out there, that this individual in particular has manged to rack up 3 allegations of sexual assault against him in less than 2 years.

Well 3 allegations is alot. By the sound of his behaviour in this allegation, he at least exposed himself, showing his lad to a woman outside the toliets.

Its horrible behaviour no matter what way you paint it.

But to do it when on the holiday with the misses.

No shame, no considerstion.... zero fcuks given

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Well 3 allegations is alot. By the sound of his behaviour in this allegation, he at least exposed himself, showing his lad to a woman outside the toliets.

Its horrible behaviour no matter what way you paint it.

But to do it when on the holiday with the misses.

No shame, no considerstion.... zero fcuks given

yes, it's scumbag behaviour for sure and you can end up in jail for it.

although the reports from the guards in the newspapers about the December 2018 incident are on a whole different other level of seriousness.

not inconceivable that the situation of a posse of boozed-up and coked-up scummers in a hotel on their third day of a bender where the "leader" is turned down in front of his gang by a woman could end up in a bad bad way very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,855 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

It's all well and good IF the woman doesn't get hit...but that is not the way things always work out.....

Seen it so much....males in with females across all ages and experiences....it's glaring how clearly superior the males are in terms of what really matters, power and strength....

That is why when sparring, the males have to go a lot easier......

Even a female that is clearly bigger will still struggle against the smaller male...the power and strength is with the male....

Katie could out-think and outmaneuver and outsmart all she wants against a non trained average man.....I get this.....but the second the man lands clean, and he will always have that chance, it's lights out....end of...

You could say the same about, say, your average big fat rugby player vs. any lighter weight boxer.

You'll also know well yourself that one of the first things that a person gets used to is getting hit on the nose. The very first few times someone gets a punch, their eyes will water. It's a bit of a shock to the system. Someone who has never been hit before might find out that they go down a lot quicker and easier than they thought....even if it is a girl hitting them a relatively soft dig.

The guy in this video would annihilate any bloke with no experience and most with up to mid professional. Just look what happens to him. Literally incapable of getting a shot in.

https://youtu.be/F3FZLTpJREY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Dana white saying on ESPN tonight we should see conor in early 2021. I'd say the allegations are nonsense. Word on the street is he flashed his wobbly bits in a pub but lots of witnesses and CCTV showing he didn't

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

You're talking tripe lad, Katie held her own with Paddy Barnes on numerous occasions in the pre Olympic high performance camp. Paddy would be the first to admit he wasn't holding back anything and he had a lot easier fights with men at international level. Any of the other lads that were there will tell you the same.

She couldn't burst a grape, did you see the state of Delfine Pearson's face and head after the last fight?

As for your white collar lads knocking her clean out if they landed, the trick is landing the punch not being capable of having a knock out punch. They might look handy up against another lad that did six weeks training but that's not going to cut the mustard against someone who is at home in the ring.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Dana white saying on ESPN tonight we should see conor in early 2021. I'd say the allegations are nonsense. Word on the street is he flashed his wobbly bits in a pub but lots of witnesses and CCTV showing he didn't

Could be the wobbly bits are on the small side and the lady has great eyesight.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement