Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor Arrested for Sexual Assault

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,855 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

JJayoo wrote: »
    In straight standup it would be a very one sided fight, Khabib doesn't have good standup....but guys with good standup can't show it as they are constantly watching for the takedown

I reckon that in a game of lawn bowls that Khabib would easily win. He appears to have a lower centre of gravity and is more stable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭threeball

Personally, I'd like to see him challenge Tyson seen as he's out of retirement and looking for paydays. Just to see him call Tyson "boy" swiftly followed by McGregor getting decapitated. It could be the sexual assault showdown.

threeball wrote: »
    Personally, I'd like to see him challenge Tyson seen as he's out of retirement and looking for paydays. Just to see him call Tyson "boy" swiftly followed by McGregor getting decapitated. It could be the sexual assault showdown.

"Tyson vs McGregor - I'm not going to take no for an answer"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭inthenip

110KG vs 77KG would really be a fair fight :confused::confused:

inthenip wrote: »

They could fight inthenip.

I think a lot of the most fervent Conor supporters would pay a lot to see that.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

They could fight inthenip.

I think a lot of the most fervent Conor supporters would pay a lot to see that.
    getting it out of my pants i could beat McGregor any day

bobbyy gee wrote: »
    getting it out of my pants i could beat McGregor any day

I reckon that if you ran at Mcgregor with your lad out and tried to attack him - he would be easily able to beat you off

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

I reckon that if you ran at Mcgregor with your lad out and tried to attack him - he would be easily able to beat you off

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

snigger snigger

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

i would hope his girlfriend would hop in between us

bobbyy gee wrote: »
    i would hope his girlfriend would hop in between us

Do you think she would try to beat you off on her own?

I suppose that more in the spirit of the thread, if he ran out of a pub toilet at you with his lad out, would you try to beat him off?

Or would you refuse to beat him off and call the cops

And who'd pay for the dry cleaning afterwards?

• Advertisement

inthenip wrote: »

Didnt the "chump chump" claim that he could beat any man alive previously. Surely weight is just a number for your hero. A heavier slower older man should pose no threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Tyson looks great in 5second clips but the guy is old and hasn't boxed/trained in years. It will be cool to see him back but it's only an exhibition match .

Tyson looks great in 5second clips but the guy is old and hasn't boxed/trained in years. It will be cool to see him back but it's only an exhibition match .

If he hit you, you'd still be doing the chicken dance regardless of his age.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭juno10353

Feets wrote: »
    I highly doubt that that woman got paid off. a) it wasn't reported that the gardai dropped the case and b) her violent rape is not something you take money for, you want guilt admission.

I really don't believe that case dissapeared.

I believe the case is still on books but DPP were reluctant to begin proceedings while the victim was in a vulnerable state

would be quite amusing to see McGregor's nose coming out the back of his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

And your point is? Literally any adult man could knock.out any other adult man if they landed a clean punch on the chin it doesn't take much.

Tyson even said it himself on Rogan podcast, joe trying to blow smoke up his hole on about these amazing clips of Tyson hitting the pads and Mike shooting How down saying he remembered as crippled for a few days after that session.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

The War of the Washed-up?
    The Rumble of the Rapists?
    The Battle of the Bigots?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

"I'm rough like a freight train smooth like ice and yo Jeff, straight up, I think I can Mike Tyson"

• Registered Users Posts: 56,300 ✭✭✭✭walshb

You're talking tripe lad, Katie held her own with Paddy Barnes on numerous occasions in the pre Olympic high performance camp. Paddy would be the first to admit he wasn't holding back anything and he had a lot easier fights with men at international level. Any of the other lads that were there will tell you the same.

She couldn't burst a grape, did you see the state of Delfine Pearson's face and head after the last fight?

As for your white collar lads knocking her clean out if they landed, the trick is landing the punch not being capable of having a knock out punch. They might look handy up against another lad that did six weeks training but that's not going to cut the mustard against someone who is at home in the ring.

You are the one talking tripe..

She’s a 135 lbs female boxer, who has a very average amount power for a female..

Men are completely different specimens..

I shouldn’t have to explain what is basic physiology..

Any average sized man would knock Katie out once they land..

And it doesn’t take that much training for them to do it..

Boxing and knockouts isn’t all about needing years of honing your skills. Some basic fundamentals, and ability to throw a punch is all that would be needed for an average man to KO Taylor..

Katie is not Floyd Mayweather when it comes to defence either...

All it takes is a split seconds action-circumstance for the KO...

FFS, Persoon is one of the crudest fighters I have ever seen, and she landed a lot on Katie. I have trained many white collar lads with far better boxing skills and fundamentals than Persoon..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

And your point is? Literally any adult man could knock.out any other adult man if they landed a clean punch on the chin it doesn't take much.

Tyson even said it himself on Rogan podcast, joe trying to blow smoke up his hole on about these amazing clips of Tyson hitting the pads and Mike shooting How down saying he remembered as crippled for a few days after that session.

Assuming equal fitness levels, weight and size matter a lot.

There's no strawweight knocking out any heavyweights no matter how many times they hit them.

They can barely knock out each other with a punch.

Heavyweights would knock them out with a jab.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

walshb wrote: »
    You are the one talking tripe..

She’s a 135 lbs female boxer, who has a very average amount power for a female..

Men are completely different specimens..

I shouldn’t have to explain what is basic physiology..

Any average sized man would knock Katie out once they land..

And it doesn’t take that much training for them to do it..

Boxing and knockouts isn’t all about needing years of honing your skills. Some basic fundamentals, and ability to throw a punch is all that would be needed for an average man to KO Taylor..

Katie is not Floyd Mayweather when it comes to defence either...

All it takes is a split seconds action-circumstance for the KO...

FFS, Persoon is one of the crudest fighters I have ever seen, and she landed a lot on Katie. I have trained many white collar lads with far better boxing skills and fundamentals than Persoon..

Someone who isn't trained and sparring regular will be dry heaving and running away after roughly two minutes when their adrenaline has subsided. Arms hanging by there side and jaw hanging wide open.

Cardio and being comfortable in a fight are far more important than having some notional one punch KO power for a very, very short amount of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

BloodBath wrote: »
    Assuming equal fitness levels, weight and size matter a lot.

There's no strawweight knocking out any heavyweights no matter how many times they hit them.

They can barely knock out each other with a punch.

Heavyweights would knock them out with a jab.

The problem is, they aren't equal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Feets wrote: »
    her violent rape is not something you take money for, you want guilt admission.

I really don't believe that case disappeared.

Depends how much money you are offered. Everyone has a price, even for a horrific crime like that.

Admission of guilt, or enough money to set you up comfortably for life?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Ush1 wrote: »
    The problem is, they aren't equal.

I never said they were equal. My whole point is that they are not.

That's simply a caveat that a fit light fighter might be able to knock out a much bigger unfit guy, but not a fighter.

walshb wrote: »

But you'll also know that a standout fella in his own gym can be made to look very basic in against outside fellas that are just that bit quicker or slick than he is. Persoon may indeed be very basic, but I wouldn't base that on solely on her fighting Taylor. I haven't seen her other fights. Taylor made her look very basic......but Persoon might make plenty of others look basic enough too.

Most girls would be overpowered by a similar sized fella ... but not all. I don't have much time for MMA but here is a video of an Irish girl in MMA who was knocking around the boxing for years. This girl would be more than a match for your white collar fellas. I saw her sparring decent young fellas in clubs back in the day and she'd more than hold her own. Granted she was a big girl and usually heavier than the young lads she was sparring but the point still stands. An average club boxer of 17/18/19 years from about 60kg and above would batter any white-collar fella a few weight divisions above. And she was able to punch with them. They weren't necessarily trying to knock her out but they also weren't able to just give her a move around - they had to let her know they were there.

But you'll also know that a standout fella in his own gym can be made to look very basic in against outside fellas that are just that bit quicker or slick than he is. Persoon may indeed be very basic, but I wouldn't base that on solely on her fighting Taylor. I haven't seen her other fights. Taylor made her look very basic......but Persoon might make plenty of others look basic enough too.

Most girls would be overpowered by a similar sized fella ... but not all. I don't have much time for MMA but here is a video of an Irish girl in MMA who was knocking around the boxing for years. This girl would be more than a match for your white collar fellas. I saw her sparring decent young fellas in clubs back in the day and she'd more than hold her own. Granted she was a big girl and usually heavier than the young lads she was sparring but the point still stands. An average club boxer of 17/18/19 years from about 60kg and above would batter any white-collar fella a few weight divisions above. And she was able to punch with them. They weren't necessarily trying to knock her out but they also weren't able to just give her a move around - they had to let her know they were there.

Look at a the tranvestite in MMA that broke another woman's skull.

Men have more muscle mass and higher higher bone density.

Katie is 60KG which is 9.5 stone. Come on.

Even a man and 12 KG could kill her in a boxing match with a punch. If she attempted to fight someone heavier she could be killed with a punch.

Ush1 wrote: »
    Someone who isn't trained and sparring regular will be dry heaving and running away after roughly two minutes when their adrenaline has subsided. Arms hanging by there side and jaw hanging wide open.

Cardio and being comfortable in a fight are far more important than having some notional one punch KO power for a very, very short amount of time.

Not sure what this has to do with my post

Any average man who has any fundamentals and any level of boxing fitness would be quite a warm favorite vs. Katie Taylor......Unless Katie avoids getting tagged clean.....big IF for me, considering that Katie can be tagged clean...as shown by a very crude Persoon. Slow, ponderous Persoon...

Remove the element of power and strength from the man, and of course, Katie can win.....give Katie an iron jaw, and of course she can win, as long as it's iron for men's shots....

All about levels

Man just off the street with zero prep.....has a chance via a KO shot......he doesn't get it, he drops from exhaustion

Man off the street with prep, and some cardio and fundamentals.....hmm, very likely he finds Katie's chin to win by KO, and before he gets too exhausted.

You are correct in saying that it does not take much to KO someone, but not all the time....some people absorb shots better than others

AND weight and size absolutely play a role here....

Could a flyweight KO a heavyweight? Yes, but it's not near as likely as a HW KOing a FW....why? Weight and size....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭paul71

Why did this conversation turn this way, everyone knows McGregor can(has) beat(en) up a woman.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement