Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor Arrested for Sexual Assault

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

walshb wrote: »
    Not sure what this has to do with my post

Any average man who has any fundamentals and any level of boxing fitness would be quite a warm favorite vs. Katie Taylor......Unless Katie avoids getting tagged clean.....big IF for me, considering that Katie can be tagged clean...as shown by a very crude Persoon. Slow, ponderous Persoon...

Remove the element of power and strength from the man, and of course, Katie can win.....give Katie an iron jaw, and of course she can win, as long as it's iron for men's shots....

All about levels

Man just off the street with zero prep.....has a chance via a KO shot......he doesn't get it, he drops from exhaustion

Man off the street with prep, and some cardio and fundamentals.....hmm, very likely he finds Katie's chin to win by KO, and before he gets too exhausted.

The ridiculous question posed was can a bigger, untrained man beat Katie Taylor. Untrained being key here.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,855 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

inthenip wrote: »
    Look at a the tranvestite in MMA that broke another woman's skull.

Men have more muscle mass and higher higher bone density.

Katie is 60KG which is 9.5 stone. Come on.

Even a man and 12 KG could kill her in a boxing match with a punch. If she attempted to fight someone heavier she could be killed with a punch.

What is your own competitive record like?

(BTW, I'm not sure where you are going to find a 12kg man. Possibly the same places the transvestite MMA folk hang out.)

• Registered Users Posts: 56,300 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Ush1 wrote: »
    The ridiculous question posed was can a bigger, untrained man beat Katie Taylor. Untrained being key here.

Untrained big man..

Still can win...

All he had to do, is use his brain. Relax, quickly realise that Katie hits very lightly, and can’t hurt him..Bide his time, and he absolutely could land a heavy punch to KO Taylor..

This is not rocket science. It’s one split second action...

If I were in his corner this is the advice I give him: Relax, bide your time, walk her down and fire from time to time..

Unless you want to say that untrained means a man that can’t even hold his hands up, and who collapses from exhaustion after a minute or so?

Even untrained men can deliver punches. They may not look as pretty as trained men, but they can still throw them. I have seen it many times..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Ush1 wrote: »

I thought we were going to have a mature and nuanced debate on King Kong vs Godzilla.

this elongated discussion on man vs woman, boxing vs mma, small trained guy vs big untrained guy is like top trumps without the stat numbers to settle the arguments.

why prolong the circular pointless spam on this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

threeball wrote: »
    If he hit you, you'd still be doing the chicken dance regardless of his age.

I’d batter him

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

glasso wrote: »
    this elongated discussion on man vs woman, boxing vs mma, small trained guy vs big untrained guy is like top trumps without the stat numbers to settle the arguments.

why prolong the circular pointless spam on this?

walshb enjoys fantasising on boards.ie that he is a boxing coach and shur what harm Is he doing?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭inthenip

What is the actual question here? Would Katie Taylor beat a 15 stone man in a boxing match who was fit? Not a ****ing hope.

McGregor would struggle against a 15 stone man FFS.

I think people underestimate size.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Are all the adults gone at this stage?

What is the actual question here? Would Katie Taylor beat a 15 stone man in a boxing match who was fit? Not a ****ing hope.

McGregor would struggle against a 15 stone man FFS.

I think people underestimate size.

Would Katie Taylor beat 3 2-foot tall dwarves who weighed 5 stone each if they stood on each others' shoulders and wore a big trenchcoat so as to appear to be a single person?

I don't think that they would. Their arms would be too short.

• Advertisement

Would Katie Taylor beat 3 2-foot tall dwarves who weighed 5 stone each if they stood on each others' shoulders and wore a big trenchcoat so as to appear to be a single person?

What if they carried sticks with boxing gloves tied onto them?

Odhinn wrote: »
    What if they carried sticks with boxing gloves tied onto them?

I see that you've thought this through before! :pac:

They probably would do that. Crafty little divils so they are.

I see that you've thought this through before! :pac:

They probably would do that. Crafty little divils so they are.

Their shortness in height is offset by their cunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭threeball

begbysback wrote: »
    I’d batter him

You absolutely would Begby,. Right after glassing him and biting off his nose. You're not a man to be messed with.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭threeball

All theyd have to do is fall on her. At 6ft tall and 15 stone she wouldn't be getting up.

threeball wrote: »
    All theyd have to do is fall on her. At 6ft tall and 15 stone she wouldn't be getting up.

But the poor fella on the top is falling from double his own height. That would be a bit like a 6 foot fella falling from 12 foot.

From a physics point of view, it wouldn't make any difference what his own height was - it would only matter his distance from the ground and the acceleration due to gravity. But from a medical point of view, perhaps his body wouldn't be able to take the impact as well as a normal sized person falling from 4 foot.

I think that the only way to know for sure is to actually set it up. Does anyone have Barry Hearn or Brian Peters' number? I'd say it'd do a fair PPV.

Obviously the requirement for 3 2-foot 5-stone midgets could be somewhat flexible. Once their collective height adds up to 6-foot and their weight to 15 stone and all qualify as midgets or dwarves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

But the poor fella on the top is falling from double his own height. That would be a bit like a 6 foot fella falling from 12 foot.

From a physics point of view, it wouldn't make any difference what his own height was - it would only matter his distance from the ground and the acceleration due to gravity. But from a medical point of view, perhaps his body wouldn't be able to take the impact as well as a normal sized person falling from 4 foot.

I think that the only way to know for sure is to actually set it up. Does anyone have Barry Hearn or Brian Peters' number? I'd say it'd do a fair PPV.

Obviously the requirement for 3 2-foot 5-stone midgets could be somewhat flexible. Once their collective height adds up to 6-foot and their weight to 15 stone and all qualify as midgets or dwarves.

What if the midget on the bottom had a white collar, how could he keep it clean?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭rustynutz

I love dipping in and out of the various Conor McGregor threads as they usually descend into chaos after 9 or 10 pages, but this one has been brought to a whole new level :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

rustynutz wrote: »
    I love dipping in and out of the various Conor McGregor threads as they usually descend into chaos after 9 or 10 pages, but this one has been brought to a whole new level :)

It is a serious dinger, may it never end.

What if the midget on the bottom had a white collar, how could he keep it clean?

I actually never factored that into my equations. Complete oversight on my part.
    Do you mean like a midget priest?
    I suppose that that would be an ecumenical matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

This got me wondering how different piggy back dwarf teams would differ based on the team make up (assuming stick length was the same).

It seems the old rule "a good big one always beats a good small one" applies to midget boxing too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAuVXIrggvE

Could the midgets break cover and fight individually (transformer style) ? Would knee shots be legal ? So many questions.

Based on this I think a piggyback team midget fighting league might be very entertaining.

Obviously the winners of Taylor/3-midgets and McGregor/Tyson will meet in an ultimate decider.

But I think that maybe we should take these midget-boxing ideas off line to PM.

Not because they are irrelevant but because I think we are on to something big and we don't want people stealing our ideas before we get everything registered and set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭inthenip

I think the mods want this thread to turn into a mess just so they can close it.

Donald Trump adding very valuable contributions.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think the mods want this thread to turn into a mess just so they can close it.

Donald Trump adding very valuable contributions.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

He is. Dwarf fight teams are the hottest intellectual property in combat sports at the moment.

Maybe if McGregor stays out of jail long enough to have a rematch with Khabib they can have a mini-me midget version pre-match bout

Someone has already gone to the trouble of fashioning what a Conor McMidget might look like

feE6QfS.png

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Someone has already gone to the trouble of fashioning what a Conor McMidget might look like

Was it yourself by any chance, you seem a bit obsessed with his height.
    McGregor himself is 1.73m - just under 5 foot 7 - it's manlet size.
    I've seen him out in Dublin - he's a small guy.
    I would actually attribute this to some of his issues - small man syndrome.
    About him being a total short-arse - what's your opinion on that making him have an aggressive chip on his shoulder?

it wasn't no - knock yourself out here ->

https://www.pinterest.ie/fconway82/conor-mcgregor-funny-memes/

he is a short-arse though. I've seen him in the flesh and he is. no getting around it.

as I said I believe that it's part of his make-up - small man syndrome angry factor - mma fighter or not.

Think he’s pretty much average height for an Irish man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

Omackeral wrote: »
    Think he’s pretty much average height for an Irish man.

5' 10 is the average as far as I know. I would describe him as short, personally.

• Advertisement

5' 10 is the average as far as I know. I would describe him as short, personally.

Google says 5’ 7 for an Irish person, my mistake.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement