Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor Arrested for Sexual Assault

Options

Comments

5' 10 is the average as far as I know. I would describe him as short, personally.

Yes, The average Irishman is 178.92cm (5 feet 10.44 inches) tall.

Well according to here

https://www.insider.com/tallest-people-world-countries-ranked-2019-6#22-ireland-17202cm-5-feet-772-inches-4

So that would make him over 2 inches below average male height in Ireland if he's 1.73m / 5 feet 8 inches as quoted

Omackeral wrote: »
    Google says 5’ 7 for an Irish person, my mistake.

That's average person, taking into account both male and female.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

glasso wrote: »
    That's average person, taking into account both male and female.

I said that myself above you.

Omackeral wrote: »
    I said that myself above you.

grand.

wasn't clear to me there from your statement you had made the distinction (male and female average) but it is now.

thanks for clearing that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I believe Conor is of a very nervous disposition, or lacking in self-esteem and confidence, judging by the fact that he always seems to have big sweat patches under his armpits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

inthenip wrote: »
    I think the mods want this thread to turn into a mess just so they can close it.

Donald Trump adding very valuable contributions.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Yea, can we stop with all this off topic unsubstantiated nonsense, and stick to the topic of the thread, the serious sexual assault committed by a 'famous Irish sports star' ...

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,855 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I believe Conor is of a very nervous disposition, or lacking in self-esteem and confidence, judging by the fact that he always seems to have big sweat patches under his armpits.

Wouldn't you be nervous if Begbysback was threatening to batter you on boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

I’m not McGregor fan but none of those things you mention would seem to be the type of traits to get you to the top in combat sports.

He’s just a knacker.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Confidence is a tricky thing

Fake/snort it till you make it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭inthenip

That's the coke withdrawal

• Advertisement

Conor has had what looks like a number 1 buzz cut shave on top and trimmed his beard to small. Could this be a sign that he is about to go to prison??

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Fuzzyduzzy

It's interesting how he announces retirements/ending retirements around these stories. If you Google his name now, or search it on Twitter, most articles are about him coming back to fight. Last week it was all about the alleged assault. The same thing happened in a same week in 2019 when a similar story circulated. Even in the MeToo/cancel culture era it's fascinating how money talks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I could care less about his upcoming fight.

His last boxing match was a letdown, hes past his prime fighting another way past his prime fighter.

Add his sexual assualt allegations, and I have zero interest.

• Site Banned Posts: 41 Laughing with Me

That turnip is talking out his hoop.

McGregor was on a booze and bag bender from the day before, wearing the same clothes and looking strung out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

The guy is a dope no way am I standing up for him but I sweat like pretty much 24/7 and it's nothing to do with booze or drugs it's just the way some people are born. I've had people judge me for sweating and it's more complicated than that.

McGregor was on a booze and bag bender from the day before, wearing the same clothes and looking strung out.

Yes that is the truth. The night before was a big event for Kavanagh, the final of the wimp to warrior or something, and Conor turned up to support. Then him and his entourage partied all night and ended up in that early morning (daytime) bar in drimnagh. So if he was still slamming shots of proper 12 at this time, he must have consumed a lot throughout the night.

Conor has clean shaved both his head and his beard. It is not a good look. Even the strange looking health minister has a cooler look than him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Conor has clean shaved both his head and his beard. It is not a good look. Even the strange looking health minister has a cooler look than him now.

Didn't he have a rant about men shaving only last week?

• Site Banned Posts: 41 Laughing with Me

That does not contradict what what the 'turnip' said. But if it's that important for you to believe that he's wrong, then I'll let it go.

• Advertisement

That does not contradict what what the 'turnip' said. But if it's that important for you to believe that he's wrong, then I'll let it go.

I'm not going to "empathise" with a guy who's spent the night coked off his tits and has decided to keep going for another day in his smelly jocks from the day before and is possibly starting to feel possibly a bit delicate, completely hungover and maybe paranoid and decides to sucker-punch some 50-something local man in the face who was only minding his own business at the bar.

Just 'cos he didn't accept a shot of shyte whiskey from some dope coming in acting the big man in his local boozer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

He looks grand I think. Makes him look younger.

Reminds me of how he looked by in "I'm the fooking future!" days (2008):

• Registered Users Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Conor has had what looks like a number 1 buzz cut shave on top and trimmed his beard to small. Could this be a sign that he is about to go to prison??

Or trying to evade a hair follicle drug test.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Or trying to evade a hair follicle drug test.
    they can use body hair. they can also test your nails

In fact its actually more to the defendants benefit to use head hair.

Body hair just says you used drugs within the last however years ..but not when. It could be recent or ages ago.

Head hair can tell you when ...so you could say ..yes i used drugs but it was a long time ago or not around the time this event happened etc.

You can show he was clean for 3 yrs with head hair.

Body hair just says drug user or not drug user.

I reckon he looks soft with this new look. Probably I would take him in a fight now. I have grown a big beard during the past 6 months and have some experience of fighting in pubs, discos and after from my 20s and early 30s.

I reckon he looks soft with this new look. Probably I would take him in a fight now. I have grown a big beard during the past 6 months and have some experience of fighting in pubs, discos and after from my 20s and early 30s.

Obviously, this won't apply to yourself because you have both the beard and the disco experience, but for others, there was a new scientific report released recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Fuzzyduzzy

He's still in France according to his social media. Is he waiting on a police decision regarding the incident or does he just want to stay there on vacation?

How relevant is the beard here?

Are discos still a thing? I thought discos were back in the day, are these retro discos or perhaps nightclubs.

McGregor trained in muay thai, thats the most dangerous type of opponent to just waltz up to.

Perhaps if you go in for the autograph and unleash hell while he is signing it?

How relevant is the beard here?

Are discos still a thing? I thought discos were back in the day, are these retro discos or perhaps nightclubs.

McGregor trained in muay thai, thats the most dangerous type of opponent to just waltz up to.

Perhaps if you go in for the autograph and unleash hell while he is signing it?

Muay Thai schmu thai.

As you yourself pointed out, the disco heyday was long before Mr. McGregor would have been on the scene. He therefore could not have gained the requisite experience. He can have all the muay thai he likes. Not worth a shite against polished disco moves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

His fancy roundhouse kicks won't look so cool when Man V Manure just moonwalks away from them making McTapper look like a right clown.

Eventually he probably knock himself out from falling over so many times or just give up again, and all the while Man V Manure would just be busting his moves around him laughing away stroking his beard and the crowd going wild.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement