Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor Arrested for Sexual Assault

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Not irrelevant at all.

If I have a girlfriend at home and I want to potentially find a new additional one down the local pub before closing time, I might very well resort to the old traditional tried and tested "whipping out me flute" move.
    “If I have a girlfriend...” a ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 19,855 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

“If I had a girlfriend...” a ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Someday you'll have one.

Maybe

If and when you finally give up on Conor

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Someday you'll have one.

Maybe

If and when you finally give up on Conor

I quoted you

• Registered Users Posts: 26,427 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Whatever you have to say about his personality Conor will go down in history as one of, if not Ireland’s greatest Sportsperson ever.

He won't even go down as Ireland's greatest sportsperson in combat sport never mind overall.

Maybe the greatest self promoter in the history of Irish sport but that's about it

I quoted you

Partially. But not exactly. Since you edited it afterwards

Perhaps there were too many words in the sentence?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

I always wondered if Irish people first became enamoured with the trappings of success when "Dallas" first aired on TV ?

American TV series have wielded way too much influence over Irish society, think baseball caps turned backwards !!!

Many of my heroes are extremely wealthy but it was the pursuit of their craft that drove them, not the accumulation of wealth.

Many things cannot be bought or taught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

DellyBelly wrote: »
    I feel sorry for his fiance Dee; I think that is her name is? I really don't know what attracts her to this multi-millionaire in the first place. Ijust can't work it out...

She used to drive him to training when he was a nobody in a bashed up 206.

Shes been with him since the start. Maybe ****ing learn something around what you are talking about.

ChikiChiki wrote: »

Shes been with him since the start. Maybe ****ing learn something around what you are talking about.

She must be delighted then that he's out flashing his mickey at a young wan in a bar when they are are away on their engagement holiday!

To be fair, your post doesn't address the question. It might have been relevant if he used to help her and drive her around in a battered car before he became famous.

It's her own business. Maybe some rumours are true and maybe they are all false.

If some are true, well how many people out there put up with bad behaviour of their partners for whatever reason? Plenty of women putting up with bad behaviour from absolute wasters. There are probably women on this site reading reports and thinking she's only with him for the money when they themselves are staying with wasters doing worse, and without even bringing that benefit to the table!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Look and learn kids. Without an education all the money and fame in the world just makes an eejit of you.

• Advertisement

I always wondered if Irish people first became enamoured with the trappings of success when "Dallas" first aired on TV ?

American TV series have wielded way too much influence over Irish society, think baseball caps turned backwards !!!

Many of my heroes are extremely wealthy but it was the pursuit of their craft that drove them, not the accumulation of wealth.

Many things cannot be bought or taught.

I know alot of fellas in Limerick praising the like of Paul O'Connell and other Munster players because they we down to earth and not flash and in it for the money like soccer players.

But then they also love McGregor. Can't understand it

https://www.dublinlive.ie/sport/other-sport/conor-mcgregor-could-re-arrested-18926727
    Conor McGregor is waiting for the results of "key physical tests" before learning whether he will be re-arrested over alleged sexual assault and indecent exposure.

The UFC star was taken into police custody on the French holiday island of Corsica last Friday following a complaint from a young woman.

She has claimed the 32-year-old Irishman assaulted her in the upmarket port town of Calvi on September 6

glasso wrote: »

Calvi was where the Princess Charlene race to Monaco was going from. Wasn't McGregor supposed to take part in that?

****ing hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Makes it even more confusing why she still has anything to do with him!

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Makes it even more confusing why she still has anything to do with him!

My point was the poster implied she only got with him because of the trappings of wealth.
    But that's not the case as she was with him when she was in the dole queue.

Anyway it looks to be a case of Colleen Rooney 2.0 but possibly worse given the accusations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

She had a thing for apprentice plumbers.

My point was the poster implied she only got with him because of the trappings of wealth.
    But that's not the case as she was with him when she was in the dole queue.

Anyway it looks to be a case of Colleen Rooney 2.0 but possibly worse given the accusations.

In fairness Rooney was never arrested for sexual assault - it's happened to McGregor 3 times now.

There are lots of wealthy sports people around the world who never get arrested for such things - very unlucky for McGregor to have it happen to him numerous times really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭Be right back

And this is the thanks she gets.

Conor "The Notorious sex offender" Mcgregor

He has had more sexual assault allegations against him than fights in the past 2 years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Never got the hatred myself. Fair enough he looks and act like a pig , but there is something honest about his life. He comes from a fairly rough background and has done well for himself, I think that pisses some types off the most. We can all really be just kissing his rich ass, he made every penny himself and good luck to him.

He is not my type of person, but I would not be crossing or disrespecting him either. He is a self made man, I think that bugs the haters the most.

If he has done a crime he must do his time, like us all. I would say chokey in Corsica is fairly nasty mid summer. Hot as hell and throw in the mozzi's and cockroaches, worse than an Alexander Dumas novel. Lets hope he bumps into Abbé Farie, for his sanity alone.

• Advertisement

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Never got the hatred myself. Fair enough he looks and act like a pig , but there is something honest about his life. He comes from a fairly rough background and has done well for himself, I think that pisses some types off the most. We can all really be just kissing his rich ass, he made every penny himself and good luck to him.

that's the thing, he didn't come from a rough background. His dad was a Taxi driver. He grew up in "the mean streets" of suburban Lucan as a teenager. He hams up the Crumble-in thing as part of his image.

The fact that he made some cash (fair play) doesn't excuse him for acting like a complete scumbag and unfortunately being the face and disgraceful representation of Ireland (and pulling out the flag at every opportunity) to a lot of idiots worldwide.

He is not my type of person, but I would not be crossing or disrespecting him either. He is a self made man, I think that bugs the haters the most.

If he has done a crime he must do his time, like us all. I would say chokey in Corsica is fairly nasty mid summer. Hot as hell and throw in the mozzi's and cockroaches, worse than an Alexander Dumas novel. Lets hope he bumps into Abbé Farie, for his sanity alone.

Fintan O'Toole had a very good article about him a while back and one of his big gripes is the gurrier inner city Dub act as Conor had up sticks for the leafy suburbs as a child and was only playing up to and reinforcing the stereotypes of the inner city Dub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Fintan O'Toole had a very good article about him a while back and one of his big gripes is the gurrier north Dub act

Fairly sure he (McGregor) is a southsider?

Ya you are right it's Crumlin he was born in. I accidentally sent that message before I finished and have now edited

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Ya you are right it's Crumlin he was born in. I accidentally sent that message before I finished and have now edited

Plenty of scum on the Southside as well

that's the thing, he didn't come from a rough background. His dad was a Taxi driver. He grew up in "the mean streets" of suburban Lucan as a teenager. He hams up the Crumble-in thing as part of his image.

The fact that he made some cash (fair play) doesn't excuse him for acting like a complete scumbag and unfortunately being the face and disgraceful representation of Ireland (and pulling out the flag at every opportunity) to a lot of idiots worldwide.
    Fintan O'Toole had a very good article about him a while back and one of his big gripes is the gurrier inner city Dub act as Conor had up sticks for the leafy suburbs as a child and was only playing up to and reinforcing the stereotypes of the inner city Dub

Maybe he is from a normal enough home, all things considered. But it is his prerogative and as I said good luck to him. I never envy or begrudge a man his fortune and he made every cent himself.

Man made the money, money never made the man.

Plenty of scum on the Southside as well

Ah here ?

Maybe he is from a normal enough home, all things considered. But it is his prerogative and as I said good luck to him. I never envy or begrudge a man his fortune and he made every cent himself.

Man made the money, money never made the man.

his prerogative what - to act like a scumbag?

money never made the man certainly true in his case as he's been a complete disgrace for years - particularly after getting some money.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Whatever you have to say about his personality Conor will go down in history as one of, if not Ireland’s greatest Sportsperson ever.

:D

• Advertisement

his prerogative what - to act like a scumbag?

money never made the man certainly true in his case as he's been a complete disgrace for years - particularly after getting some money.

Never said I loved the guy, i just said i can't disrespect him either.

Put it this way, he has the courage of his conviction , that means mountains in my book.

Above all things to thine own self be true.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement