Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor Arrested for Sexual Assault

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

inthenip wrote: »
    Mcgregor is the most famous Irish person in the world.

People here should be on his side and support him, Every Irish person hates anyone with a bit success.

I support the woman who didn't want his attention.

I don't hate Bono so your statement is not true in all cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

People here should be on his side and support him, Every Irish person hates anyone with a bit success.

Maybe if he didnt sucker punch old men or throw trolleys at buses, Id be on his side.

And the multiple sexual assault accusations....... yeah I cant he on his side.

Katie Taylor, Becky Lynch, Robbie Keane, Graham Norton...... all succesful people I dont begrudge.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

It goes back to a comment where someone said that people don't respect McGregor because he's a self made man. I was making the point that in general I very much respect self made people rather than those that just inherit huge wealth, using the classic example of a member of royalty.

Anyway I think most agree that McGregor doesn't deserve respect.

He had a fair bit of luck on his side as well, some sweet deals came his way thanks to Dana White and he also became very popular in the US which made him a multimillionaire in just a few years.

He had a fair bit of luck on his side as well, some sweet deals came his way thanks to Dana White and he also became very popular in the US which made him a multimillionaire in just a few years.

Listen, he is succesful and hes done really well in his sporting career.

But as a human he is a failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Hubertj

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Listen, he is succesful and hes done really well in his sporting career.

But as a human he is a failure.

Sums it up very well in 2 sentences

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Agree, he's not humble by any measure and has been acting like a total summer. That's severely takes the gloss off a great UFC career.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Out of interest why does a highly skilled fighter need bodyguards? I’ve had interaction with a few famous people over the years and the vast majority of them don’t have bodyguards.

Is it to satisfy his ego or to keep him away from the public? Or both maybe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Out of interest why does a highly skilled fighter need bodyguards? I’ve had interaction with a few famous people over the years and the vast majority of them don’t have bodyguards.

expensable jobs for the boys , looking after his mates / gym buddies I suspect. Just somebody along to hold onto his bag and bring him out of the boozer when he decks an aul lad.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Agree, he's not humble by any measure and has been acting like a total summer. That's severely takes the gloss off a great UFC career.

No human is perfect, no human is pure evil either. Like he had done some great deeds for charity.

But any good credit he earns is out done buy his scumbag ways. It takes the shine off everything good he does.

No room for sexual assault in this world and hes been accused a few times now. Couple that with his punching aul lads and trolley throwing and he can see that hes a scumbag at heart.

expensable jobs for the boys , looking after his mates / gym buddies I suspect. Just somebody along to hold onto his bag and bring him out of the boozer when he decks an aul lad.

Ah he would need a few bodyguards. I imagine a lot of idiots would start on sports stars if they hadnt got an entourage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

No human is perfect, no human is pure evil either. Like he had done some great deeds for charity.

But any good credit he earns is out done buy his scumbag ways. It takes the shine off everything good he does.

No room for sexual assault in this world and hes been accused a few times now. Couple that with his punching aul lads and trolley throwing and he can see that hes a scumbag at heart.

Yeah as the wider world catches on he will become toxic to sponsors at this rate. Remains to be seen what exactly the fallout from this incident is.

The fall could be quite big. He is only young yet.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Yeah as the wider world catches on he will become toxic to sponsors at this rate. Remains to be seen what exactly the fallout from this incident is.

The fall could be quite big. He is only young yet.

Theres no many bigger falls than a successful sexual assault conviction against you.

I hope justice is served either way

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭CowboyTed

Conor McGregor is toxic masculinity manifest: the deformed, miscarried bastard child of "locker room talk" and "banter."

Conor McGregor is merely a symptom of the disease. How many people told us that he didn't "mean it," his vile statements about women? How often has his moron coach John Kavanagh defended his golden goose with pitiful shrugs and pathetic excuses? John Kavanagh claimed that he would never shake hands with a wife beater and yet he's happy to train an alleged rapist how to take a person apart with his bare hands.

<modsnip>

Here's a few more examples:

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-sports/war-machine-sentenced-to-life-for-brutal-assault-of-ex-inside-the-mma-stars-fall-200852/

http://www.thescrap.co/random-joe-the-dirty-life-and-crimes-of-joseph-son/

Who is the alleged rapist?

Not defending anyone, I just wondering what is alleged?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭twiddleypop

They are not employed to protect him.

Their job is actually to protect those around him from random assault

If you look at the footage of the assault in the Marble Arch, they pull him away before he could land a second punch on the ould fella

• Registered Users Posts: 56,305 ✭✭✭✭walshb

This reasoning is utter gick!

walshb wrote: »
    This reasoning is utter gick!

Oh 100 percent. I want Irish individuals to be a success.

I have loved Becky Lynch for example, reaching the top of her profession to become a WWE champion and headline Wrestlemaina. Someone from Dublin reaching that height is unbelievabke. Delighted for her.

Now if she goes and does something scummy like attack an elderly man from behind in a pub, then my opinion will change.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Isn't he best buddies with the biggest drug dealers/killers in the country/europe? Like what do you expect

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭bilbot79

If this was anyone else the peadophile hunters would be out looking for blood. Where are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

bilbot79 wrote: »
    If this was anyone else the peadophile hunters would be out looking for blood. Where are they?

Why would they hunt him? He's not a paedo is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Isn't it amazing how of all the famous Irish sports stars Conor seems to be the only victim of all these scurrilous allegations?

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/conor-mcgregor-questioned-over-alleged-sexual-aggression-in-bar-in-corsica-1017816.html

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

surely not

He should know better than pee off the deck of his yacht. Frightfully bad manners.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

You are either

A: A moron

B: A moron

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

CowboyTed wrote: »
    Who is the alleged rapist?

Not defending anyone, I just wondering what is alleged?

Beacon Hotel. Woman raped.

McGregor: Dirtbag

His old man: Clown

His Ma: Sound

Sister: Deluded

Bird: Knows, but cash is king

Fans: Gobsh1tes

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

TheW1zard wrote: »
    Beacon Hotel. Woman raped.

Never charged though nearly 2 years later

Gatling wrote: »

Whoever it was appear to have bought their way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Whoever it was appear to have bought their way out.

Under duress, allegedly.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Gatling wrote: »

The girl got paid off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Doing drugs in the dolphins barn flats lol
    He's a knackbag

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement