Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cable requirement question

Options
  • 12-09-2020 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭

This will probably be a dumb question to those that know but I dont have a clue about electrical work. I have an item(Cattle Clippers) that has a 350w motor. I have had to use an extension cable when using it but it gets warm and loses power. Im guessing its the cable is not good enough. Is there a wire requirement spec that something like that has for that powerie heavier cable needed.
    I do have lights where I could take a plug off but is the cable for lights even good enough for it. Any help would be great
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

gerryirl wrote: »
    This will probably be a dumb question to those that know but I dont have a clue about electrical work. I have an item(Cattle Clippers) that has a 350w motor. I have had to use an extension cable when using it but it gets warm and loses power. Im guessing its the cable is not good enough. Is there a wire requirement spec that something like that has for that powerie heavier cable needed.
    I do have lights where I could take a plug off but is the cable for lights even good enough for it. Any help would be great
    Thanks

No lighting cable is not good enough and the size of the cable would vary on distance of the run and the load required too run

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭gerryirl

No lighting cable is not good enough and the size of the cable would vary on distance of the run and the load required too run

Thanks alot for the reply. Longest point would be 60 foot from fuse board. What size cable would I need

Is the one you are are using in a coil/on a reel?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

You can buy battery clippers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

If the extension lead is not fully unwound, try unwinding it all, if it's a reel type.

• Advertisement

bobbyy gee wrote: »

I know but had this one bought

bobbyy gee wrote: »

I know but had this one bought

Bruthal wrote: »
    If the extension lead is not fully unwound, try unwinding it all, if it's a reel type.

Thanks yes i tried tgat too . Gonna go the plug route but not sure on cable requirements

Advertisement