Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Constant issue for iMessage activation / text spammed by Eir

• 13-09-2020 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

I topup my phone with €20 a month for an Eir data/text bundle.
    I had to topup by an extra €5, just to activate iMessage...

Anytime I have to restart my phone, software update, battery dies, or whatever reason, I have to always re-activate iMessage.
    It drives me crazy. I barely use iMessage, so I decided before to simply turn iMessage and Facetime off. Nope. Even with the option turned off, when I restart my phone, it pops up again asking for activation.
    And that's where the problem begins.

Once I click cancel, or ok, (it really doesn't matter which one I pick) I then receive a text from Eir Mobile every 30 seconds.

"You do not have enough credit on your account. To top up the quick and easy way, Freephone 1740 with your debit or credit card"
    These messages do not stop. Ever. I have muted them (thankfully Apple gave the option to hide alerts) (but badge app icon still shows)

I know they are because I have no credit, to allow the international text to verify iMessage/Facetime activation.
    But I refuse to topup €5 extra everytime just because it has to re-activate.

While typing this, I have 8 more of them...

5-6 times a day, when I unlock my phone, it will also popup for activation.

The only way I can get them to stop is to add €5 to my account and allow iMessage to activate.

I spoke to Eir. They said it's Apple's problem.
    I spoke to Apple. Usual tech options.
    Restored phone to latest backup.
    Wiped again, setup as new.
    Got simcard replaced with a new one.

Nope. Everytime, the issue returns.

Side issue: Occasionally, the iMessage activation will be faster than Eir to add the €20 to my plan. So sometimes, it means I only have €19.80 or whatever and the plan activation fails. I don't get an alert for this. And after a few days, I get the expected credit is low. Top up to continue using service etc.

Comments

Advertisement