Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is all the Spinach

Options
  • 13-09-2020 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Have been buying the bags of prewashed spinach over the past few months for smoothies. In the last week or so I can't find it anywhere. Is it a case that you can't buy spinach in September/October?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Got it in Lidl this morn.
    69 cent

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭north south east west

Got it in Lidl this morn.
    69 cent

Thanks, I actually hadn't tried Lidl yet. Was in Tesco/Dunne's/Super Value. Will hopefully get to one later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Try the frozen cubes. Unbeatable value

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Try the frozen cubes. Unbeatable value

Didn't know that you could use frozen spinach in a smoothie but looking it up there it appears that you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I was wondering the same thing. I tried Dunnes, Tesco and Aldi and I couldn't find it in any of them. I use it as a salad leaf, so can't use the frozen cubes for that.

• Advertisement

pigtail33 wrote: »
    I was wondering the same thing. I tried Dunnes, Tesco and Aldi and I couldn't find it in any of them. I use it as a salad leaf, so can't use the frozen cubes for that.

I ended up going to Lidl and they didn't have them. Went to Dunnes after and they are now back in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I just found this on a UK website, dated Sept 11th. I'm sure the same applies over here:

Still poor availability for week 38. This due to loss of crop from flooding and weather damage. UK and EU supply all very short. UK programmed supply at 60% of program.

Advertisement