Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Watch brands for teens

• 13-09-2020 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

My daughter is in the market for a watch. We're leaning towards a Swatch but are there any other brands we should be aware of that cater to the teen market? Something under 100 EUR but a good build and style.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Casio, baby G carry a wide range of youth and girl orientated stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Dare I say a fit bit is good, my young daughter wears ones and loves it. If you can get on the automatic bandwagon at this early stage more power to you. I see a lot of young girls with Daniel Wellington watches also. I think with the young anything to encourage watch wear is a good thing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Casio, baby G and Fit are all good pointers alright. Daniel Wellington and the like another. I'd throw Fossil and Seiko into the mix.

I'd avoid mechanical/automatic like the plague though. More expensive, less robust in general, require servicing from time to time and are far less convenient leave in a drawer until required. For a girl this goes double as women in general never bought into the mechanical revival stuff to nearly the same degree as the male market, where even the very top end brands have to provide quartz in their ladies watches, or they'd sell a lot fewer watches into that market.

All in all I'd reckon Fitz' suggestion of a Fit is a good idea. Fashionable and a "smart" watch so current with it. Pretty solid too. Though she may want a less smart option and more about the look? Which is game ball too. It's going to be her watch after all.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭redlead

I think your initial idea of a swatch is the best one. There are so many funky designs, they are great for teens and you should be able to pick one out that you think she'll like. You could even take her into the swatch shop and let her pick one out herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Amik

Thanks for all excellent recommendations! This is the best area of Boards.ie :)

She liked a few of the Baby Gs but has no need for a tide table. :P This Pokemon one caught her eye but it's a bit over our budget.

https://www.casio-intl.com/asia/en/wat/watch_detail/BGD-560PKC-1/

She's an artist and quirky so Swatch is the best fit. There's no Swatch shop in Galway but we looked at a few models at some local jewellers on Saturday.

This is the one she picked and ordered online called "Pool Surprise".

192118.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Amik

Advertisement