Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for discussing mask exemptions

Options
  • 13-09-2020 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭

Mod closed a thread saying no conspiracy.

I started a new thread about HSE mask exemptions for which I have one.

I have broken no rule and the mod has failed to point out which part of the charter I have broken.

He said no conspiracy stuff fine.

I stated a thread about genuine exemptions on medical grounds.

This was the legal forum.

I quoted the HSE guidelines.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Have you made any attempt to discuss your ban with the banning mod thus far?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Yes and he has doubled down.

I have a genuine exemption from wearing a mask.

The mod closed a thread with this message
    Moderator: The last thing this forum needs is to give a platform to anti-maxxer drivel.

Mask up and don't be that guy.

I stated a new thread quoting HSE guidelines and genuine mask exemptions.

Also posts abusing people with genuine exemptions allowed to stay up.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Please note only the OP, relevant CMod(s) or Admins can post in Dispute Resolution threads unless specifically invited by CMod/Admin

Examples of posts allowed by that moderator.
    People should be made demonstrate their “severe distress”.
    Exemption for the deaf community - Baloney. Wear a visor if you want to lip read.

Breathing difficulty? Wear a visor.

"Sensory issues"? Makey upey nonsense.

No ears? Sew on a button and clasp on the straps, fasten behind your head.

The vast majority of non mask wearers are chancers. It should be a mandatory 5 year jail term if caught without one.
    You are not sick, but you have an exemption..so are you sick or not?

I have a medical exemption from wearing a mask and it is an outrage that these kind of posts are allowed.

The mod on this forum is clearly imposing their own bias and I stared a thread with the clear HSE guidelines.
    Face coverings are not suitable for some people, including children under 13. This means that children under 13 are exempt from the regulations. ... Cannot wear a face covering because of a physical or mental illness or a disability, or because it would cause you severe distress.

When this unjust ban is lifted I am again going to start a thread on the HSE official guidelines and rules.

I have have a feeling I will be banned again.

• Advertisement

Also to my exemption I have had five operations under full aesthetic although this is my business.

This mod needs to be educated on the HSE guidelines and the nature of discrimination.

It is not lawful to deny a person with a medical exemption entry to a premises on the basis of not wearing a mask.

The moderator allowing the posts I have quoted above is clearly encouraging discrimination.

This is in the legal forum I have posted the actual guidelines and others have posted ignorance including the moderator and I am banned.

As you have already tried to address this with the mod in question, I will let the CMods know. Please have any PM exchanges between you and the banning mod ready to forward to them.

CinemaGuy45, I deleted your last round of posts. The CMods will request PMs from you in due course, once one of them takes on your DRP. For now, please wait until a CMod posts here.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Giving passage of time with no attention from the CMods I'm lifting the ban and marking this resolved

Please take care going forward to try and avoid further issues that could result in the ban being reinstated

Advertisement