Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Clash Of Champions 2020 (Contains Spoilers)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ha

Sami your IC champion leave it al that

• Registered Users Posts: 39,874 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well that was an interesting ladder match. Sami zayn looks like a hobo.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well that was an interesting ladder match. Sami zayn looks like a hobo.

In fairness it’s his lockdown look a lot of people have adapted the hobo look for that. :P

Asuka retains the title but zelina vega looked great and I know she has has in ring experience and it showed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Fighting with a neck brace on is dumb.

• Advertisement

So bayley bests asuka and then Sasha wears out bayley. At least Sasha was wearing a neck collar so Kayfabe is happening. That’s a plus in the modem era at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Really liked the ambulance match

Drew has been a very good champion all things considered

That was amazing exactly the match it needed to be

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Usos have got chief Reigns over as the top WWE heel

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I cannot think of a match I loved more than Reigns vs Uso in the last ten years.

They didn’t do what they sometimes do, where they throw in a twist because everyone knew was was coming. They just told an awesome story with a brilliant piece of character development,

Turning the microphones up so we could hear them was brilliant. Having Jimmy come out, and call Reigns the chief. Heyman placing the lei on him at the end. Heymans pure fear of Reigns is incredible too, and Heyman deserves a lot of credit for his character work too.

It was perfect.

I nearly expected them to oversell it and have Reigns say something like “ call me the chief, Dwayne”, in a Freudian slip moment. But they let the subtlety of it lay the groundwork for the future too.

Just loved that ending.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

sky88 wrote: »
    Really liked the ambulance match

Drew has been a very good champion all things considered

I actually thought the ambulance match was massively over booked. Orton was attacked by 3 guys and still drew barely won. It was almost like the odds were stacked against orton and he was the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Delighted with both the Orton/McIntyre result and also of course the brilliance of Jey/Roman.

Will be interesting to see who steps up to Drew now assuming Orton feud is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Loved that Main Event. Great storytelling

Ladder match was class too. Some unique spots we haven’t seen before

Loughc wrote: »
    I actually thought the ambulance match was massively over booked. Orton was attacked by 3 guys and still drew barely won. It was almost like the odds were stacked against orton and he was the face.

I like the aspect of the legends coming back to get their revenge on orton but now more time to think I they should have ended the match with them coming out but still really enjoyed it

• Registered Users Posts: 60,558 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jey deserves huge credit for his work and talking for making Roman look like a million dollars.

I'm not sure it works with any other wrestler the family storyline works perfectly.

No chest protector either.

Reigns as heel is smashing, who'd have thunk it?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I know they have to call what the viewers at home see but sometimes it makes the commentators look stupid. Big show grabs Orton's ankle right in front of them but since we only see the hand they have to question who it is.
    Then we're expected to believe Orton didn't notice someone setting up and climbing a ladder beside the ambulance? Especially since in WWE we all know how long it takes to climb a ladder.

The IC title match had a unique ending anyway. And still IC champion, Sami Zayn.

The main event was really well done. Not sure where it goes from here.

As for the ad for the draft, I was thinking why are they advertising it so far out, then realised it's only Friday week.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Love this roman reigns and hope they keep him heel for a long time

The ambulance match was a bit crazy as was the IC title match

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Loved that Main Event. Great storytelling

Ladder match was class too. Some unique spots we haven’t seen before
    sky88 wrote: »
    I like the aspect of the legends coming back to get their revenge on orton but now more time to think I they should have ended the match with them coming out but still really enjoyed it

Completely agree on both accounts.

They should have had Orton defeated in the ambulance, match is over then Orton gets out of the ambulance goes to attack Drew from behind, blocked by Christian, right into a KO Punch from Show and a Sweet Chin Music from HBK.

Orton gets his comeuppance and McIntyre still looks strong.

Given they closed off all of Orton's storylines I'd wager he's moving in the draft.

Great having Christian back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,558 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

After last night R-Truth has now become the wrestler with most title reigns in WWE history with his 45th title reign.

40 24/7
    2 Hardcore
    2 US Titles
    1 Tag Team.

After last night R-Truth has now become the wrestler with most title reigns in WWE history with his 45th title reign.

40 24/7
    2 Hardcore
    2 US Titles
    1 Tag Team.

How many alone this year :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Only watching this now with the kids, ladder match with hardy was great. Best match Ive seen since Mysterio went off the roof.

Advertisement