Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neurosurgeon Recommendations

• 14-09-2020 8:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Have been suffering from lower back pain for a few years and having gone through various MRI's, plenty of different physios and orthopedic consultants, I'm now looking for a referral to a neurosurgeon to figure out what's wrong with me. Nothing I have done to date has told me the root cause of the back pain so I'm looking for a different path now. Any recommendations for a good neurosurgeon consultant in the Limerick area or further afield?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Stanford

You need to see a Neurologist and not a Neurosurgeon, they are different animals, your GP can refer you, there is a Neurologist with a clinic in Bons Secours in Limerick, formally Barringtons Hospital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Stanford wrote: »
    You need to see a Neurologist and not a Neurosurgeon, they are different animals, your GP can refer you, there is a Neurologist with a clinic in Bons Secours in Limerick, formally Barringtons Hospital.

Thank you. Sorry, I thought they were the same! Unfortunately I have been referred to the Neurologist you mention in Bon Secours but no matter what I do, cannot get in touch with him or his secretary. I have been trying phone calls, voicemails, SMS messages and emails but haven't even received acknowledgement that they received the referral from my GP. Very strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Stanford

Sorry to hear that but I am aware that the secretarial side of the Bons in Limerick is a disaster with individual secretaries dealing with multiple consultants, however the onus is on the referring GP so I suggest that you go back to him/her and get them to send another referral

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Stanford wrote: »

Formerly, surely ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭MissGriff

Chavways wrote: »
    Hi All,

Have been suffering from lower back pain for a few years and having gone through various MRI's, plenty of different physios and orthopedic consultants, I'm now looking for a referral to a neurosurgeon to figure out what's wrong with me. Nothing I have done to date has told me the root cause of the back pain so I'm looking for a different path now. Any recommendations for a good neurosurgeon consultant in the Limerick area or further afield?

Hey, know how you feel.
    Had my back done( was a complete herniated disc and was losing use of my leg) by a super NeuroSurgeon in Cork 4 years ago...referred by my great GP.
    Someone else a couple of years had a question similar to you.
    Check my user name for old posts.
    Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,033 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Please dont give medical advice here please, just the recommendationthe OP asked for.

Advertisement