Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France Rest Day 2

Options
  • 14-09-2020 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭

massage.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I'd just like to say for the record how annoying I find it that Jumbo-Visma are all in yellow jerseys

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Dan Martin looking stronger with each passing day...he is 35th now and he has been riding with an injury that hopefully will not bother him too much in week 3...he could have a shot at a stage win this coming week

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

keane2097 wrote: »
    I'd just like to say for the record how annoying I find it that Jumbo-Visma are all in yellow jerseys

I don't like how the yellow helmets movistar wear when they're leading the movistar classification don't go with their kit.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

eeeee wrote: »
    I don't like how the yellow helmets movistar wear when they're leading the movistar classification don't go with their kit.

I agree! The organisers should just make the leaders of the Movistar classification wear Movistar helmets :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

All TJV riders have been tested for Covid-19 and are negative according to this article - https://www.wielerflits.nl/nieuws/tour-2020-alle-renners-jumbo-visma-testen-negatief-op-coronavirus/
    Jumbo-Visma lijkt met een gerust hart toe te kunnen werken naar de slotweek van de Tour de France, want alle renners zijn negatief getest op het coronavirus. Dat heeft Robert Gesink op de rustdag verteld tegen de NOS.

Google Translate:
    Jumbo-Visma seems to be able to work towards the final week of the Tour de France with confidence, because all riders have been tested negative for the corona virus. Robert Gesink told the NOS that on the rest day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭lissard

keane2097 wrote: »

It does make it hard to pick out the Maillot Jaune. Would love to see them go for something more akin to the Renault-Elf kit, now that was a jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Macy0161

lissard wrote: »

It does make it hard to pick out the Maillot Jaune. Would love to see them go for something more akin to the Renault-Elf kit, now that was a jersey.
    They should go pink like Once and Mercatone Uno used to do for the Tour!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

And while we're at it, I hate how the green jerseys of the B+B team clash horribly with the green of their helmets. I just don't know, what they were thinking, when they chose them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

I agree! The organisers should just make the leaders of the Movistar classification wear Movistar helmets :D
    lissard wrote: »

Macy0161 wrote: »
    They should go pink like Once and Mercatone Uno used to do for the Tour!
    Eamonnator wrote: »
    And while we're at it, I hate how the green jerseys of the B+B team clash horribly with the green of their helmets. I just don't know, what they were thinking, when they chose them.

Eh, quiet day then , lads & lassies?
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

anyone who is commenting on how bad the current team jerseys obviously doesn't follow RobFowl on twitter. My god, that man has zero taste in cycling clothing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    Eh, quiet day then , lads & lassies?
    ;)

These are the most Important Issues of Tour!
    :pac:

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

lennymc wrote: »
    anyone who is commenting on how bad the current team jerseys obviously doesn't follow RobFowl on twitter. My god, that man has zero taste in cycling clothing.
    You could have put that full stop after "zero taste".....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I'm not prepared to comment on others cycling clothing tastes, speaking as someone who was out in his Ariostea jersey at the weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Macy0161 wrote: »
    I'm not prepared to comment on others cycling clothing tastes, speaking as someone who was out in his Ariostea jersey at the weekend...

if you saw RobFowl in his full RobFowlness 'glory' i'm sure you would be quite prepared to comment, and swear, and bleach your eyes. It's that bad.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Eamonnator wrote: »

And while we're at it, I hate how classification leaders are now allowed to wear matching shorts. The whole point of a leaders jersey is that it's not your regular kit and its something you've earned. The fact that it may clash with your shorts emphasises that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

lennymc wrote: »
    if you saw RobFowl in his full RobFowlness 'glory' i'm sure you would be quite prepared to comment, and swear, and bleach your eyes. It's that bad.

Nothing needs an eye bleaching like Beasty in a skin suit!

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭tawfeeredux

And while we're at it, I hate how classification leaders are now allowed to wear matching shorts. The whole point of a leaders jersey is that it's not your regular kit and its something you've earned. The fact that it may clash with your shorts emphasises that.

Agreed. They're jerseys, not costumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Agreed. They're jerseys, not costumes.

It's all about the jersey sponsors €€€€€€€€

Advertisement