Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beakerjoe vs The Walrus - THE REVEAL!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,920 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Would've easily given this 1st place in this category, but its clear yourself and myself aren't seeing eye to eye (or hearing ear to ear) these days beaker... :rolleyes:
    I'm impressed he managed repeat listens, I managed 1'04" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

So how does every one feel about this round?

Was Ablotrauez roo low, was SFA too high, .....

I must say I love Walrus. It forces you to listen to new music, esp from artists you would be keen on.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    So how does every one feel about this round?

Was Ablotrauez roo low, was SFA too high, .....

I must say I love Walrus. It forces you to listen to new music, esp from artists you would be keen on.
    Good selection today, very varied. I got to listen along which is a rare treat for me. Obviously I'd have a totally different order to you, but that's the joy of it too

Good selection today, very varied. I got to listen along which is a rare treat for me. Obviously I'd have a totally different order to you, but that's the joy of it too

And trust me, I am well aware I typically have bad taste.... something Irish Aris will agree no doubt. So dont be fooled by a low placing, it could be a gem I do noy appreciate.

One mans gold and all that

And trust me, I am well aware I typically have bad taste.... something Irish Aris will agree no doubt. So dont be fooled by a low placing, it could be a gem I do noy appreciate.

One mans gold and all that
    Not at all, I agree with the vast majority of your comments. Just I'd have shuffled the order a fair bit I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Albatrooz is annoying as hell, I'd rather listen to Crazy Frog. Correct position. Golden Retriever is a great song.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,443 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

SFA are fcking great.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Can't believe you never heard Freebird before Beaker.
    Allen Collins played the whole solo throught in one take!
    He was a monster guitarist :cool: Check out their first album Pronounced.

It is used to great effect in the final scene of The Devils Rejects

^^^^^
    Don't watch the clip if you don't like violence folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Can't believe you never heard Freebird before Beaker.
    Almost as bad as Bamboleo! :eek:

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Dont mind finishing behind Sinead and SFA on this one. That is definitely one of Sineads better songs and the furries are just brilliant anyway

However
    Would you believe I never listened to this song before this game? Like ever.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

tenor.gif

Love SFA :D
    When I saw them at Body and Soul in 2016 I think, they asked if anyone had any food and said to take it out and wave it in the air... I was drinking G&T so I just happened to have a cucumber and I was in the front row :D they mercilessly took the piss out of me for the rest of the set.

s1ippy wrote: »
    When I saw them at Body and Soul in 2016 I think, they asked if anyone had any food and said to take it out and wave it in the air... I was drinking G&T so I just happened to have a cucumber and I was in the front row :D they mercilessly took the piss out of me for the rest of the set.

I love band and fan interaction like this, it just makes their sessions so much memorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

This may get me a lot of hate, but I never really liked Bowie. I like some of his tracks sure, but he never really appealed to me.

Uh-oh, not amazing news I have to say

osh wrote: »
    Uh-oh, not amazing news I have to say

Would you guys like round 7 today at 12?

Riffs.......Riffs..... and more Guitar Riffs

giphy.gif

tumblr_okfcrf72q71u501aoo1_400.gifv

b6a5882d7353c54a95d52ebe07ce6861.gif

HELL YEAH!

(although werewolf is running, isn't it? Don't know how many players are in both or if that interferes?)

Some great head bangers in this round.....

giphy.gif

Some great head bangers in this round.....
    But enough about the contestants, it's the songs we are interested in, Beaker :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Aw I think I bottled it here :D

I duplicated an old entry here. The song I submitted came fifth in Homer's 90s round and the first words of his listening notes were "Ooh this has a tasty riff!" so I had to :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

(although werewolf is running, isn't it? Don't know how many players are in both or if that interferes?)

I'm not sure why (because I know most of them also play the other games around here), but I always imagine in my head that the Werewolf players are the Jocks and Cheerleaders of Forum Games, because everything else more or less slows down when they've got a "big game" on... :D

giphy.gif

We can stand up to them LeVar! Together we're stronger!

We can stand up to them LeVar! Together we're stronger!

If all the Glee Club (Walrus Players), Debate Team (Tournament Players), Chess Club (SHEEP/PEEHS Players), and Emo Art Kids (MS Paint) united together, we'd run this school!!!

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

What if you're a part of all the crews :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

Necro wrote: »

Then you are Troy from high school musical :pac:

You're basically The Claw!

3bd6578e68bde1975cf1a225d1f2b840.gif

You have the power to unite us all and finally bring peace to the halls of Boardside High... :D

giphy.gif

Id also like to stress, I didnt hate any tracks this round. A very hard round to score and I feel that most songs in the bottom half could easily be in the top half.

So lets go guys.....

• Advertisement

Id also like to stress, I didnt hate any tracks this round. A very hard round to score and I feel that most songs in the bottom half could easily be in the top half.

So lets go guys.....
    1*P9oBI1Lp-IbUWapzM4gKUA.gif

Advertisement