Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proof that plenty of Irish people are thick as shít

Options
  • 14-09-2020 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

Anytime there is a story on the journal about Michael Martin, the most liked comment is "Bring back Leo". So it seems that plenty of people don't realise that Leo is second in command of this government, then you have FG at 35% in the polls & FF @ 10%<,so it seems that Paddy thinks that FG are in opposition. The only difference between LV and MM is that Leo is a better actor with a better script writer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Further proof: people read the Journal's comment section.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Don't believe anything you read in the journal it's all fake news.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

The bottom part of an internet page is always a waste of time. You’d read some of the comments and think, ‘what happened to these people?’

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

I don't know which is more stupid, reading The Journal comment section or commenting on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

Ficheall wrote: »
    Further proof: people read the Journal's comment section.

Commenting on the comments section- brilliant..

But wait.. further proof..

Me commenting on the commenting on the comments section.. we are all doomed!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

kenmm wrote: »
    Commenting on the comments section- brilliant..

But wait.. further proof..

Me commenting on the commenting on the comments section.. we are all doomed!!
    It's worse than that. I was commenting on the commenting on the comments section. You are commenting on the commenting on the commenting on the comments section.

It's worse than that. I was commenting on the commenting on the comments section. You are commenting on the commenting on the commenting on the comments section.

No comment

• Registered Users Posts: 7,755 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

The noise from inception just played in my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Errashareesh

We know that plenty of people of any nationality are thick as sh1t.

And no need to call Irish people paddies like an English cop would have in 1975.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Unpopular Opinion : The Journal comment section isn't that bad, at least based on glancing at the top comments on any story.
    In fact I doubt it's any worse than Boards or R/Ireland, both of which constantly slate it and each other.

None have either consistently high-quality discussion or consistently low-quality discussion.

• Advertisement

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    Unpopular Opinion : The Journal comment section isn't that bad, at least based on glancing at the top comments on any story.
    In fact I doubt it's any worse than Boards or R/Ireland, both of which constantly slate it and each other.

None have either consistently high-quality discussion or consistently low-quality discussion.

ye - I like the way boards.ie posters are looking down on posters of other posters on other forums :D

Anyway - I suspect the post isn't actually about the decline in perceived intelligence or quality of debate, but more an attempt to get people talking about the example given...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Errashareesh

Gotta disagree. The quality here is far higher.

The Journal commenters mostly just blurt out the first non thought out, non supported, populist drivel that comes into their heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,735 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

To be fair most of these descend into "Your politicians are useless, my politicians should be in power, but ignore those similar things they did to the useless ones, please" or "revolution! burn everything!".

To provide a response, MM seems to have gone in to avoid being in the ignominious position of FF leader but never Taoiseach, and had a bit of a mess starting off due to GolfGate, and numerous TD's being naughty, as well as being slow to respond to pandemic issues (and caught in an un-winnable position re: leaving cert results, where higher grades led to higher points requirements, and less unhappy, due to more places, students this year, but won't everyone think of the grown up children).

He's also in the first 6 months of power, nothing he does matters as he has 2-4 years to recover, if another good republican pops their clogs, they'll be back on top after the funeral parade.

Gotta disagree. The quality here is far higher.

The Journal commenters mostly just blurt out the first non thought out, non supported, populist drivel that comes into their heads.

I don't visit the other site, so don't know for sure, but I suspect much higher still doesn't mean its any good.

But its hard to measure as boards.ie covers a lot of topics, different mods, different posters etc. Some forums better than others, some threads withing forums better than others.

A lot of the current ones in Current Affairs are just snide slagging matches (that's not a dig at mods - they hav a horrendous job at times!, because its down to the posters ultimately).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

LOL! LOL! what the hell is MM doing different to that other waster Varadkar? 10/10! no doubt many of the younger generation that are hammered or havent realised the extent this housing crisis is going to screw them, because they are still living at home, think varadkar is champion of the people!

Or like several people I know, daddy gave them a property... They'd think a bit different about liberal leo etc, if they lived with the consequences of his near decade of farcical government!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Idbatterim wrote: »
    LOL! LOL! what the hell is MM doing different to that other waster Varadkar? 10/10! no doubt many of the younger generation that are hammered or havent realised the extent this housing crisis is going to screw them, because they are still living at home, think varadkar is champion of the people!

Or like several people I know, daddy gave them a property... They'd think a bit different about liberal leo etc, if they lived with the consequences of his near decade of farcical government!

Excellent example of a Journal comment. What article was it from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Who owns the journal?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,434 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Bertie won 3 elections

• Registered Users Posts: 83,472 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Are you sure you don’t read it in case 1% of the time it gets 2 to 3 stories a year right?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,999 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I was expecting to see a mention of the no mask protest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

THE MEDIA ARE PETRIFIED THAT THE PBP TROTSKYITES ARE SLIPPING INTO OBLIVION AND WILL PEDDLE LIES ABOUT COVID-19 JUST TO KEEP THE POISONOUS SNAKES ABOVE WATER.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 26,434 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

THE MEDIA ARE PETRIFIED THAT THE PBP TROTSKYITES ARE SLIPPING INTO OBLIVION AND WILL PEDDLE LIES ABOUT COVID-19 JUST TO KEEP THE POISONOUS SNAKES ABOVE WATER.

Have the Trotskyites seized your means of turning off caps?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

THE FIANNA FAILERS ON BIKES CERTAINLY DON'T WANT ANOTHER ELECTION. THEY ARE TOAST IF THAT HAPPENS BECAUSE OF THEIR PRO-MURDER PROPAGANDA AND HOW THEY DESTROYED THE SPICY CHICKEN FILLET ROLL.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Anytime there is a story on the journal about Michael Martin, the most liked comment is "Bring back Leo". So it seems that plenty of people don't realise that Leo is second in command of this government, then you have FG at 35% in the polls & FF @ 10%<,so it seems that Paddy thinks that FG are in opposition. The only difference between LV and MM is that Leo is a better actor with a better script writer.

They just voted back in the same people that were there for the recession in 08, the second dip in 11 and brought us back into recession this year. This lot from FF and FG should have be hanging from their necks instead of being voted back in time and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

THE FIANNA FAILERS ON BIKES CERTAINLY DON'T WANT ANOTHER ELECTION. THEY ARE TOAST IF THAT HAPPENS BECAUSE OF THEIR PRO-MURDER PROPAGANDA AND HOW THEY DESTROYED THE SPICY CHICKEN FILLET ROLL.

FG don't want one either. It took 5 counts for Leo to get back in. And Harris 15 iirc. FG will return the favor and prop up FF for the next 2 1/2 year until its Leo turn to be Taoseich again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Excellent example of a Journal comment. What article was it from?

ah a FGbot! what exactly would / were FG doing differently to now? they are also in government are they not?

cant wait to see the budget!

• Registered Users Posts: 83,472 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I DONT LIKE THIS GAG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

*Ahem*

"DEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

That is all.

*We now return to our regularly scheduled
    shìtposting*

Open the pubs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,090 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

It's pretty simple really. Shutting the country down is a lot easier than trying to reopen it again. Most people wanted the shut down now most people aren't happy with the reopening. It's either to fast or too slow.

The end result is that most people see Leo =good & Martin =bad. This is despite the fact that we have the 2nd highest nursing home Covid-19 death rate in the world.
    It does say a lot about the intelligence of the average voter in Ireland.

Advertisement