Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proof that plenty of Irish people are thick as shít

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    It's pretty simple really. Shutting the country down is a lot easier than trying to reopen it again. Most people wanted the shut down now most people aren't happy with the reopening. It's either to fast or too slow.

The end result is that most people see Leo =good & Martin =bad. This is despite the fact that we have the 2nd highest nursing home Covid-19 death rate in the world.
    It does say a lot about the intelligence of the average voter in Ireland.

Leo told people to stay home from work in the summer and handed out money in the form of pandemic payments.

MM is telling people to go back to work , cutting payments and we are heading for winter

Was written in the paper yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Errashareesh

Can't understand how people think high numbers of deaths in nursing homes is avoidable.
    kenmm wrote: »
    I don't visit the other site, so don't know for sure, but I suspect much higher still doesn't mean its any good.

But its hard to measure as boards.ie covers a lot of topics, different mods, different posters etc. Some forums better than others, some threads withing forums better than others.

A lot of the current ones in Current Affairs are just snide slagging matches (that's not a dig at mods - they hav a horrendous job at times!, because its down to the posters ultimately).
    Despite those who act the maggot here, there are plenty of intelligent posters who write well supported posts.

I've never been affiliated with any political party here but there is often moaning for the sake of moaning from people who don't really know what they're moaning about just because politicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,090 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Can't understand how people think high numbers of deaths in nursing homes is avoidable.

All countries have high nursing home Covid-19 deaths. This I don't have a problem with. Its the fact that Ireland has the 2nd highest nursing home death rates in the world I do have a problem with. Other countries didn't try to make room in hospitals by sending elderly patients back to nursing homes without being tested for covid. In order words hse, government, minister for health etc actually introduced covid 19 into some nursing homes. The nursing homes wrote the the HSE & minister for health looking for advice, help, guidance and training over & over again. A month later they still had no reply. No advice. No training. No guidance. Nothing. By the time they got around to test staff and patients in nursing homes we already had the 2 highest Covid-19 death rate in nursing homes.

When the dust settles there will be an inquiry & the last government will be found wanting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭HotDudeLife

The FNG wrote: »
    Why are Boards users so obsessed with the comment section on The Journal?

It's where dreams go to die

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭trashcan

And no need to call Irish people paddies like an English cop would have in 1975.

Ah, in fairness I'd have thought it was relatively common for us to refer to ourselves as Paddies, no ? (While reserving the right to get hugely offended if the English do it ;) - kind of like black people in America and the "N" word)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    FG don't want one either. It took 5 counts for Leo to get back in. And Harris 15 iirc. FG will return the favor and prop up FF for the next 2 1/2 year until its Leo turn to be Taoseich again.

It shows a real lack of understanding of how the political system works when this is thrown out. Leo would have sailed in on the first count had FG run just one candidate like SF did. Simon Harris the same as FG ran 3 candidates in that constituency. There were 20 people running alongside SH in the Wicklow constituency - some of those counts were distributing 200 or 300 votes which is why they racked up a lot of counts

This "Leo got in on the 5th count" craic is designed to sound like he barely held on to his seat when in fact neither he nor Simon were ever really in trouble. It's actually a reflection of very poor vote management by SF that they got so many votes but didn't get the TD number to reflect that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,006 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

There is an anti maskers facebook group with over 20k members.

There is proof for you that at least 20k mainly Irish people are thick as shyt.

Absolute cnuts too but thats for another thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Gotta disagree. The quality here is far higher.

The Journal commenters mostly just blurt out the first non thought out, non supported, populist drivel that comes into their heads.

there are members like this on here.

Isn't this forum owned by the journal.ie ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Anytime there is a story on the journal about Michael Martin, the most liked comment is "Bring back Leo". So it seems that plenty of people don't realise that Leo is second in command of this government, then you have FG at 35% in the polls & FF @ 10%<,so it seems that Paddy thinks that FG are in opposition. The only difference between LV and MM is that Leo is a better actor with a better script writer.

I’m gona presume you are advocating voting for SF, fairly ironic that someone who is doing so is named after a British Secret agent- what with all the rumours about Gerry Adams that just won’t go away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Isn't this forum owned by the journal.ie ?

Yes it is. Both owned by Journal media.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭Archeron

kenmm wrote: »
    Commenting on the comments section- brilliant..

But wait.. further proof..

Me commenting on the commenting on the comments section.. we are all doomed!!

I'm commenting on this to see if it creates a black hole. ( I've a couch I need rid of)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

trashcan wrote: »
    Ah, in fairness I'd have thought it was relatively common for us to refer to ourselves as Paddies, no ? (While reserving the right to get hugely offended if the English do it ;) - kind of like black people in America and the "N" word)

no one that respects themselves call themselves paddies

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Smee_Again wrote: »
    I don't know which is more stupid, reading The Journal comment section or commenting on it.

The top right hand corner is the most useful

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Yes it is. Both owned by Journal media.

That explains a few things

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    FG don't want one either. It took 5 counts for Leo to get back in. And Harris 15 iirc. FG will return the favor and prop up FF for the next 2 1/2 year until its Leo turn to be Taoseich again.

Journal comment generator. That's what you are replying to.

:)

Advertisement