Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,292 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

One thing no body wants to see Saturday is the tiredness really hitting us and Limerick blitz us

Cork got the bye in the qualifiers so are only out for their 3rd weeks in a row

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭JD. 60

I don't think you will ever make it as a motivational coach !

Playing 4 weeks in a row is not right but here's some news, life isn't fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Pudz2180

all things being equal limerick would probably be hot favourites against us on Saturday. The fact it’s our fourth game in 4 weeks and we have a few niggly injuries makes the task an even harder one.

if you look at the last quarter against Galway they out scored us 3-8 to 5. I know we had 14 men so tiredness was to be expected but on Saturday it was a similar situation when Tipp outscored us 10 to 4 in the last quarter. After John McGrath’s goal chance (which was just at the 70 minute mark we did out score Tipp 1-2 to no score). in fairness our subs got us over the line and we will need a similar impact from them next Saturday.

if we don’t have a good lead against limerick heading into the last quarter we may be in trouble. At least we should have a fresh pair of legs in Conor gleeson and hopefully iarlaith daly is fit. Would people stick with the team that started last week?

think the referee could be important on Saturday. If we have a ref like fergal Horgan (who likes to let things go!) it may suit limerick and their over the top tackling where as a picky ref like James Owens may penalise more of their tackling and may suit us.

I may be clutching at straws but the one thing that is giving me hope is that limerick were rusty during the league and I taught against cork they weren’t their usual selves. I know they won it by 8 in the end but I taught it was a game cork could have won. Hegarty, gillane and tom morrisey we’re all taken off that night. I know they were awesome in the second half against Tipp but their first half display was not great and was in keeping with how they had been playing prior to the Tipp game.

we will just have to wait until Saturday to see what their true form line is (from our point of view hopefully it’s the form they were showing before the Munster final second half)

Anyway if the last two weeks are anything to go by our lads won’t go down without a serious fight and hopefully that will be enough to see us over the line

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭spideyman92

I know the 4 weeks on the bounce isn't ideal but I do think we have a habit of being rusty or overthinking things when we don't have that momentum behind us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭decies

Jeez would people stop going on about 4 weeks in a row and tiredness. The 3 weeks in a row went better then you could dream . Cheer up and get behind the lads 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Motivator

In all fairness it isn’t something that can be just brushed over. Expecting lads to do what is expected of them on Saturday evening for a fourth straight week is lunacy. Given the fact that the Waterford game plan is 100% intensity for 70 minutes then it makes it even worse. Also to add into the mix is the size of the Limerick players. An early, heavy hit off a man mountain like William O Donoghue or Tom Morrissey isn’t something I’d like to be on the receiving end. Some of those Limerick players will have 2 stone on some of our lads.

I’m not making early excuses but 100% the 4 weeks in a row is going to play it’s part on Saturday evening, just when it will is the question. It happened in the semi final in 2007, Waterford were flogged in the warmup. I know fitness and recovery have improved immeasurably since then but the team that day just never got going, mentally they were gone from the start. I don’t think the same thing will happen on Saturday but fatigue will be an issue with 10 or 15 mins to go. I think Cahill will hold on to as many, if not all, of the subs until the final water break is done. I still think we could sneak this game and I think we could see a performance for the ages from this Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cnocsion

4 week in a row is tough but we ve got huge momentum. Its as much a mental challenge as a physical one.

Interesting to see if conor gleeson gets back in..mcnulty did very well but gleeson is our best option to man mark cian lynch I believe.

Sounds like daly may be fit enough to take a place on bench....this would greatly strengthen our options here as we will have to use our bench earlier than the previous games id say.

Any chance cahill would consider pushing calum lyons wing forward on kyle hayes ....if daly was fit enough to start. Lyons would give hayes plenty to worry about and lyons struggled on hegarty in all ireland final...if we win these 2 key battles it's a massive step towards winning the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

I can’t see Daly getting back into that team to be honest, and don’t be surprised to see McNulty keeping his place over Gleeson either. Cahill dosent give a damn about reputation he’ll pick his team based on the lads who have not let him down and spilled their guts on the field the past few weeks.

one change maybe I can see Montgomery starting the next day, possibly ahead of Curran.

Dont expect to see too many positional changes either, Cahill is not interested in stopping the opposition, he has utter belief in his own team to outrun and outfight the opposition, no matter who it is

What time are club tickets link being sent out today ? If anybody has got one please post the time so we know there coming .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭DLS2THECORE

There is no link to tickets this week. Clubs have to send a list of members that want tickets to Croke Park and then the tickets will be emailed individually to the club member. Overall a lot more work for clubs but a fairer method of distribution.

The link that was being sent out was crashed by everyone and anyone and a lot of club members ended up with nothing.

hopefully it’ll be the same method for the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

the list of club members wanting tickets had to be with croke park Sunday evening I believe, with gaa to contact people midweek.

there will be no links doing the rounds from clubs this week I don't think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Motivator

There will be a general sale though as the clubs haven’t got 12,000 tickets between them. Anyone that wants a ticket should be able to pick one up relatively easy. The cost of the ticket, time of the match and venue is seemingly turning a lot of people off.

I think you're right ... tickets shouldn't be a problem, although some of them may not go on general sale until later in the week. A cohort of people seemed to have got used to not going to matches.

Any club members anywhere get information on their tickets yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

As an outside I just want to say best of luck on Saturday.

i was actually hoping for a Limerick V Waterford final as I think it would have been a great final

2 of my favourite teams so I'll be torn on saturday, but best of luck and hopefully it will be a great game

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

Only what DLS2DCore said above. Clubs had to have their orders submitted this morning.

Supposed to arrive in next hour

John Keenan of Wicklow the ref for our match

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Thank christ we didn't get Fergal.

• Advertisement

Update tickets now after 9pm 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭sitkaspruce

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭IanVW

They won't be on ticketmaster. Club members will receive an email to purchase tickets first.

Think HQ gone to bed now 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭enoughtaken

Tickets emailed out now for club members.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Anyone who was expecting a mail, but didn't receive one, it's worth checking the spam folder, mine ended up in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

Interesting to note in the under 13 and u15 county finals this week, Ballygunner B’ team making the final in division 4 in both grades.

Really makes a strong case for another club to form in that catchment area. Perhaps time for Gaultier to step forward with a hurling arm?

706 row k upper cusack what’s the view like up there . Tickets in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

A brilliant, congratulations..

If you go to a view from my seat website, there might be a few pictures.

Praying for tickets to be available for general sale.

Advertisement