Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

PF28 wrote: »
    Barron, anyone but Bennet. Plenty on the team who can slot over frees. His style is terrible and will never be consistent. I don't know what he is persisted with. Will never win a championship with that type of freetaker. Will always be caught out on some day.

He's not doing too badly today I thought, 6 points today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Encouraging half, but should be more than 3 ahead on the run of play, lots of silly wides, but lots of good performances also. Well capable of winning this, but Conor Lehane looking dangerous fork Cork. Fingers crossed it will go well in the second half, need to tidy it up a small bit. Dessie starting to roll as well so hopefully he will get a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,380 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

happy with the workrate and style of play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

PTH2009 wrote: »
    happy with the workrate and style of play

Should Patrick Curran get a run for say jack Fagan........excellent free taker and a goal threat also...

• Registered Users Posts: 17 PF28

Asdfgh2020 wrote: »
    Should Patrick Curran get a run for say jack Fagan

No

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

Asdfgh2020 wrote: »
    Should Patrick Curran get a run for say jack Fagan........excellent free taker and a goal threat also...

Instead of jack pendrgast I would say.

Calum Lyons is having an excellent game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Jaysus Gleeson.
    Very lucky. More brains in a rocking horse.

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Jaysus Gleeson.
    Very lucky. More brains in a rocking horse.
    That was a stupid thing to do, that last point was a lovely move, and badly needed, hopefully keep the momentum, doing well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

I'm glad I'm ****e at hurling cos I'd be awful put out if I was a Waterford hurler Sitting on the bench wondering how Jake Dillon is on the field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

Take a bow, De Burca.

Great game. Fantastic to have the hurling back!

First championship win in 3 years. Up the Deise!

Nice performance, great result

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Wooooo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I wouldn't be getting carried away because Cork were sh1te but that was very encouraging.

yeesss

Coronavirus go **** yourself :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭seananigans

I wouldn't be getting carried away because Cork were sh1te but that was very encouraging.

yes everytime we beat cork it's they were poor... jesus wept

get in the sea,we were just better ,and we were nowhere near our best

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

That's the stuff!!!

yes everytime we beat cork it's they were poor... jesus wept

get in the sea,we were just better ,and we were nowhere near our best

Did you even watch the game? Cork were all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Did you even watch the game? Cork were all over the place.

I saw a savage work rate and intensity which made Cork look poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭3ships

Yes boy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Theyre going to get some hammering in the final

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Agreed. Cork were Cork, Waterford were very good. A great first step in the right direction.

It's going to be a work in progress but some big performances all around the pitch. The three of last year Lyons, Prender and Prunty and also Tadhg Bourke in particular.

Our high fielding was excellent, and even there at the end there was a passage where Coleman tried to run it outside the 45 and we forced them back to playing a lateral ball on their own 45. The tenacity was still there at the end.

People can talk about Cork being poor, but at the end they were knackered because Waterford were all over them. Aussie very lucky, but I'd say he'll miss the Munster Final at the minimum. Hopefully, the penny will drop.

The losing monkey off our backs after 3 long years

Back in a Munster final in which we have nothing too lose and at least a An All Ireland QF. Qualifiers would of been very tricky

The players have very obviously bought into Cahill's philosophy - the intensity compared to last year was unreal. And who knew that actually leaving forwards in the forward line could yield scores!

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭puzl

It's easy to say Cork were poor today but I think a large part of that is due to the intensity Waterford brought. You could still see moments of individual brilliance from Cork players so they clearly have what it takes. Management let them down today - substituting forwards that hadn't got more than a 3-4 good balls into them is madness. What is Alan Cadogan supposed to do when wide after wide is soaring over his head?

For me the main takeaway was how we looked comfortable on the ball when we had it and fought like animals for it when we didn't. We won't be favourites against Tipp or Limerick, and I'm okay with that. Remember guys, as the old saying goes - nothing is won in October :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Junior Hurler

Clocks only gone back a week and Cork bate.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭upthedeise16

You’d be buzzing! Football now at 6:45 with a few bottles, can analyse a great win tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭upthedeise16

Poor first 25 mins from the footballers, limerick seem way more athletic & comfortable on the ball. Last 10 was promising and the wind in our favour in the 2nd half.
    Ian Corbett a serious operator at 6 for Limerick, his pass for the 2nd goal was pure class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Theyre going to get some hammering in the final

Ye just worry about getting in it yereselves

Advertisement