Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

F"CK the haters, up the Déise!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 McBurgermacs

F"CK the haters, up the Déise!

Cmon the desie. Unreal 2nd half, fair play the lads

• Registered Users Posts: 38,271 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

hard luck to the footballers just not good enough sadly 0-09-2-14. Season over now, overall decent league esp beating Sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Fair play to Waterford, worked Cork into the ground. They must be sick of the sight of Liam Cahill on Leeside. TDB with an incredible performance, the ACL didn't slow him down at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭upthedeise16

PTH2009 wrote: »
    hard luck to the footballers just not good enough sadly 0-09-2-14. Season over now, overall decent league esp beating Sligo

Missed some shocking chances straight after half time but beaten by a better team. Still a great day for the county And our hurlers

• Advertisement

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Fair play to Waterford, worked Cork into the ground. They must be sick of the sight of Liam Cahill on Leeside. TDB with an incredible performance, the ACL didn't slow him down at all.

Fairplay to him he had them well prepped. That said, it's the players deserve the credit. Lot of questions asked about them last year, some stuff that wasn't fair ultimately.

Plenty of good hurlers there and showed it today. Lots of work to do but fairplay to them, character questioned and the gave an emphatic answer today.

Fairplay to him he had them well prepped. That said, it's the players deserve the credit. Lot of questions asked about them last year, some stuff that wasn't fair ultimately.

Plenty of good hurlers there and showed it today. Lots of work to do but fairplay to them, character questioned and the gave an emphatic answer today.

Liam Cahill has a big managerial future, lets hope a big part of that is success is here. Already a big boxed ticked for him getting that championship win

• Registered Users Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Don't think I've seen a better player under a dropping ball than TDB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

You're completely correct, players have to deliver on the field. I think at times we buy into the cult of the manager a bit too much. Saying that, Cahill always get a great effort from any team he is over. Congratulations to Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

absolutely fantastic win, delighted for Cahill and the players.

brilliant performance overall, special mention for tadhg, he was magnificent today and totally dominated. also super performances from Callum Lyons and Barron.

roll on the Munster final.

• Advertisement

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    You're completely correct, players have to deliver on the field. I think at times we buy into the cult of the manager a bit too much. Saying that, Cahill always get a great effort from any team he is over. Congratulations to Waterford.

Absolutely, listen I'm delighted we have him and Bevans. They'll have a big career if they stick together, probably with Tipp in the not too distant future.

Just hope the players don't get lost in the plaudits, they deserve today.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

Brilliant win today, and great to see a bit of pride in the jersey again after being outclassed so often over the last two years.

Early days but excellent hunger and fight on display today, and you never know what will happen over the next few weeks

Up the Deise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

fair play to Waterford, knew when Cahill went in they would become exciting to watch again with direct running. On a side Gleeson would really want to cop, could easily have seen red and ****ed it up for ye.

Hopefully Cahill had a word with Aussie, cant see someone like Cahill taking too much of that kind of ****e

Will Connor Gleeson be back in time for the munster final ?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭carter10

Hopefully Cahill had a word with Aussie, cant see someone like Cahill taking too much of that kind of ****e

Will Connor Gleeson be back in time for the munster final ?

Absolutely finished with the guy after today, let the team down again. Hope he's suspended for the final. In fact I hope Cahill drops him from the panel.

After all that's happened in the past, the same scummy antics today, doesn't deserve to wear the jersey.

Will ALWAYS let the team down

carter10 wrote: »
    Absolutely finished with the guy after today, let the team down again. Hope he's suspended for the final. In fact I hope Cahill drops him from the panel.

After all that's happened in the past, the same scummy antics today, doesn't deserve to wear the jersey.

As i said hopefully Cahill has a serious word

I remember back to the Fanning year after we lost too Cork and our seasons officially ened he said they would be big changes which may be unpopular. Aussie been dropped was on the cards id say

Aussie would be in my panel for next 8-10 years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Mulbert

As i said hopefully Cahill has a serious word

I remember back to the Fanning year after we lost too Cork and our seasons officially ened he said they would be big changes which may be unpopular. Aussie been dropped was on the cards id say

Aussie would be in my panel for next 8-10 years

What in the name of god are u on about? Is it just random thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gardner

carter10 wrote: »

What Horgan done was worse as it was to the face. Not a ****ing whisper out of ya about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gardner

He didn't

Yes Waterford were excellent,

They didn't let Cork play to their game plan or let them back into the game with their plan B so credit to Waterford and to say Cork were shocking is a lack of respect to Waterford team and management,

They were 2/1 in bookies and hadn't won a Munster championship game since 2016 so it was a bit of a surprise,

It is a great start for LC.

So Ken got 50% right and is still bitter about **** knows

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Austin Gleeson fouling is going to be a hindrance to this side if he continues and could very well cost us. Think Liam should have a question mark over Gleesons head. Is he that necessary if he could be such a potent liability? This has been going on for a couple of years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Motivator

This talk about Gleeson is way over the top and is embarrassing. Should he know better? Yes, he should but if Harnedy didn’t make a meal of it there’d be no more said about it. If Gleeson farts then he’s in trouble with people. Funnily enough I didn’t hear many people complaining when he was in unbelievable form in 2016 and 2017. Back to the “incident” yesterday. During the water break shortly after it, I think it was De Burca who tapped him on the shoulder and was having a word with him. It may have been to tell Gleeson to hit someone harder the next time or to watch himself. The camera panned off it after a couple of seconds.

One horrible thing about Waterford fans is that we love to bash our own. Jake Dillon is shît, Gleeson is a headcase etc. People did it to Mullane and Eoin Kelly for years, ran them down because they played on the edge and sometimes went too far. Who cares, they’re Waterford players and they should be backed and appreciated for what they do.

Good win yesterday, should never have been a 4 point margin in the end. Waterford should have pushed on but maybe fatigue crept in towards the end. Big challenge in 2 weeks time but I don’t think Waterford will fear either Tipp or Limerick. I’d rather play Tipp to be honest, that Limerick team are so fast and so physical it would be hard for Waterford to play a running game against them. From full back to full forward Limerick have pure athletes in every position and for me they’re the best team in the country still. A quarter final spot is assured either way so one thing Waterford will do is throw everything at the final and if they come up short, regroup and have an extra game to hopefully prepare for Croke Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

No excuse for what gleeson did, just because he is waterford does not mean we excuse everything he does. but agreed the coverage is over the top with him.

Love how sky glossed over the horgan off the ball head strike, commentators describing it as a tackle even though the ball was 5 yards away and then only showing gleesons one multiple times after the game.
    Both were potential red card offences, depends on the ref.

Motivator wrote: »
    This talk about Gleeson is way over the top and is embarrassing. Should he know better? Yes, he should but if Harnedy didn’t make a meal of it there’d be no more said about it. If Gleeson farts then he’s in trouble with people. Funnily enough I didn’t hear many people complaining when he was in unbelievable form in 2016 and 2017. Back to the “incident” yesterday. During the water break shortly after it, I think it was De Burca who tapped him on the shoulder and was having a word with him. It may have been to tell Gleeson to hit someone harder the next time or to watch himself. The camera panned off it after a couple of seconds.

One horrible thing about Waterford fans is that we love to bash our own. Jake Dillon is shît, Gleeson is a headcase etc. People did it to Mullane and Eoin Kelly for years, ran them down because they played on the edge and sometimes went too far. Who cares, they’re Waterford players and they should be backed and appreciated for what they do.

Good win yesterday, should never have been a 4 point margin in the end. Waterford should have pushed on but maybe fatigue crept in towards the end. Big challenge in 2 weeks time but I don’t think Waterford will fear either Tipp or Limerick. I’d rather play Tipp to be honest, that Limerick team are so fast and so physical it would be hard for Waterford to play a running game against them. From full back to full forward Limerick have pure athletes in every position and for me they’re the best team in the country still. A quarter final spot is assured either way so one thing Waterford will do is throw everything at the final and if they come up short, regroup and have an extra game to hopefully prepare for Croke Park.

This isn't about bashing anyone, it's about calling our ****ty behaviour. We can keep singing airs and graces when a player's behaviour is consistently a problem. If we just ignored it as you simply want to do, it could cost us one man down in a Munster . final. He need to stop throwing strops and just man up. Just because your calling out bad behaviour doesn't mean you're running down your county. The other lads will suffer if Gleeson continues in this childish way.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TheScoringGoal

What Austin did yesterday was against the rules. However it goes on multiple times in every game. The only issue with this is that Sky decided to highlight it. I'm astounded that anyone that played the game would react in the way that posters on here are doing.

What Austin did yesterday was against the rules. However it goes on multiple times in every game. The only issue with this is that Sky decided to highlight it. I'm astounded that anyone that played the game would react in the way that posters on here are doing.

Did you play the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Davys Fits

Just because it goes on all time in your opinion doesnt make it right. And I dont think it happens that much these days if at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭redlead

I was left scratching my head over Skys hype of Cork. I nearly spat out my beer when the commentator said that it was going to be an historic win for Waterford. That game was 50/50 all day long going into it between two teams that are way off being genuine contenders.

Very good second half from us in particular but I wouldn't be getting carried away about it. Cork look a very poor team and we still left a lot out there. The munster final could be a seriously tough outing.

The Gleeson incident was fairly harmless but people will make mountains out of molehills. He does need to cut that crap out all the same.

redlead wrote: »
    I was left scratching my head over Skys hype of Cork. I nearly spat out my beer when the commentator said that it was going to be an historic win for Waterford. That game was 50/50 all day long going into it between two teams that are way off being genuine contenders.

Very good second half from us in particular but I wouldn't be getting carried away about it. Cork look a very poor team and we still left a lot out there. The munster final could be a seriously tough outing.

The Gleeson incident was fairly harmless but people will make mountains out of molehills. He does need to cut that crap out all the same.

I think it's the way he lets himself go rather than incident itself. You need a certain bit of restraint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TheScoringGoal

Did you play the game?

Of course I played and continue to play hurling. I've given those shots and taken them, some I deserved and some I didn't. It doesn't hurt as much as Harnedy made out, it's the end of the hurley and not a sword.

Advertisement