Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Relhcstirt

I have two free Adult tickets for cusack, if anyone is interested. PM me, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Relhcstirt

• Registered Users Posts: 38,305 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Still sick over that and believe DLS would of won the final that year

Ballygunner do need to sharpen up on some aspects of there game. Hitting long ball will suit Ballyhale esp with the calibre of players they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

I think it would be a massive boost for Waterford hurling in general if Bgunner were to get over the line. I don’t think there would be any begrudgery towards them for that reason, obviously the county championship is different everyone wants to see them knocked of their perch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

Hard luck to WIT during the week, wouldn’t have been fancied against a fairly star studded NUIG but done well to get out of the group and put up a big fight on the night. Great for so many local lads to get exposure at this level and for the lads on the county panel will bring them on no end. Tom Barron is one that really seems to have brought his Fitzgibbon form into the county setup.

I’ll be shouting for UL to go and win it now with Mike Kiely and Billy Power both hurling really well for them.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Billy Nolan

Conor gleeson

Conor prunty

Iarlaith Daly

Jack fagan

Tadgh Dr burca

Tom Barron

Cathrach Daly

Jack prendergast

Patrick Curran

Austin gleeson

DJ foran

Stephen Bennett

Ciaran Kirwan

Colin dunford

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Great to see Tadhg back at centre back.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭JD. 60

Aussie took a fair bit of punishment last Sunday ; I thought he might have been rested for the Laois match. It will be interesting to see how Fitzgerald & Lynch perform, if coming off the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

I would also hazard a guess that if (say) Thurles Sarsfields had won the last eight Tipperary county titles, attitudes towards them would be a little bit different than they would be towards Borris-Ileigh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭skaface

Best of luck to Ballygunner today

Up the Deise

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

In fairness Ballygunner Twitter page has been sharing messages of best of luck from other Waterford clubs, saw clonea, portlaw, ferrybank and colligan anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭decies

Folks any idea best place to park near croker today ?

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

As a kilkenny man I can't see how any Waterford or kilkenny person would not support a club representing their county in an all Ireland final..I'd imagine the vast majority would feel the same..Best of luck today..if any club deserve one its ballygunner..having said that I hope ye fall short on this occasion.

Club is everything though. The amount of siblings and cousins involved today is unreal..even on opposite teams today with the Mahonys and the reids..adds to the occasion I think..

Best of luck to Ballygunner today and safe travels to all

Let’s go Gunners !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭celt262

Point for Ballyhale there for the ref. He signalled advantage was over and then gave the free after goal chance was missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

You can't miss chances like Ballygunnar have. Some of the misses have been shocking. Would it be too much to expect a Waterford team to get to an All Ireland final and not under perform. Stop being so jittery. Terrible game so far. Ballyhale are very poor but they arent going to loom a gift horse in the mouth.

It's still there for Ballygunnar..but they ll probably fold up tent in the second half. I hope to god they get a goal and it settles them

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

Still in this one but Ballyhale after coping onto what the Ballygunner forwards are trying to do

Come on gunners gotta be more direct seem to be playing soccer out there over complicating it . Stay focused win the 50/50 and take your points !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Hopontop

As a neutral, think it’s a good game, Ballygunner play some lovely hurling but some very poor wides. Looks like it could go either way

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭conor05

Ballyhale look more likely to score a goal.

Eoin Cody looks very dangerous.

Still a lot to play though, big second half Coming up

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭conor05

Game over now but what a save by SOK before the goal.

One of the best saves I’ve ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

Disagree with both points..game far from over..save was hit straight at him with very little power..

Game on! Dessie is class

What a finish!!! What a way to win a game! Congratulations Ballygunner

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭blueflame

Unbelievable- brilliant and so so proud to those lads

Unbelievable!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

I'm crying here. Well done Ballygunner, and thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

Delighted for the 'Gunners. You need the bit of luck to win and they had it. Well deserved. They made so many mistakes but kept going and kept going. And the finish at the end,superb. I was afraid it would be another hard luck story for a Waterford team and some of the passes were shocking and the wides...but in the end the right man hot the ball and he knew what he had to do.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

Advertisement