Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,223 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Full robocop mode hahah that's brilliant. It's a fact that O'Donoghue is so good at what he does - Hannon gets an armchair ride most days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,223 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Tipp camp is in smithereens with infighting and everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭JD. 60

I’m not writing off Limerick but will reserve judgment until they play their first 2 games.

Limerick’s best 15 is very strong but the return to the round robin proper could be an issue in terms of injuries, suspensions.

Granted, Hayes is freakishly good but Byrnes is nothing special. I think Aussie would give O’Donohoe a good run for his money.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Pudz2180

McGrath putting extra pressure on the team by spouting this shite. No help whatsoever, He has been doing it ever since he finished up as manager, move on lad ffs. You’d wonder behind it all does McGrath hope we don’t win it! Is it his worst nightmare if another manager bring us to glory with ‘his boys’. After seeing this I’d say Liam Cahill would love to pin him to the wall and tell him to mind his own business.

I think we still will struggle for ball winners vs limk and galway

If teams push up on us and force long puckouts,we still struggle to break even on high balls

That said,i do believe the limk full back to be its weakest link in terms of ability,and a if you drag one of its corner backs out the field (possibly hutchibson roaming position?),you could plunder goals off him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭JD. 60

I don’t think Cahill will be taking any notice of what Derek says.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭lim4ev

God blaaz surprised to hear that I think our full back line is magnificent plus 2 more on bench in English and Mike casey

I think the 2 corner backs are exceptional,finn being among best cornerbacks since devalera retired

But i do feel,the full back can struggle in air for 50/50 ball and can lose upto 2/3 high balls (only limk player i see struggle at times in air),but its near impossible to capitalise as corner backs,and deeper wingbacks provide great cover

But feel likes of hutchinson/bennett have as much edge,they would require following/ man-marking....whether/how john kiely approaches this remains to be seen,i doubt he would be as innocent to let em be dragged out either

Really really looking forward to the trip to limk on a sat night

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Bullshit, I heard the same thing today about the Limerick squad, more Bullshit.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

What's the story with tickets for the Walsh Park games? Tickets on sale this morning but none for the Walsh Park games. Any feedback on demand via clubs? Are any expected to go on public sale at all?

• Advertisement

Tickets for Walsh park games not on general sale just season tickets and through the clubs. Think clubs getting 10 stand and 25 terrace. Think Senior clubs might get a few more than that

tickets for the Clare game don’t seem to have gone on sale at all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭decies

no Chance of any tickets for anything lad 🤣. Trying to get tickets for limerick Waterford ticketmaster has crashed . It’s a watch on tv job .

Think they are also on sale in centra if that’s any use. Ticketmaster site seems to be crashing no matter what game you looking to buy

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

All stand tickets for walsh park for season ticket holders were gone last night, from what I could see. I could only get terrace tickets.

No general sale of tickets for Walsh park games, tickets gone to clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭whiteandblue

Waterford and Limerick will not be a sellout, I would expect even stand tickets to be available on the day. Tickets are not on sale for Cusack Park yet but depending on Clare and our own results up to that point. Not sure when tickets for that will be released.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,741 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

It's the same queue for all games. Absolutely stupid decision to release the whole championship in one go. Ticketmaster was bound to crash

• Registered Users Posts: 38,310 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lucky enough got on early and got stand tickets

The winging is off already over social media

'I go to every Waterford game'

'Disgraceful Damien Disgraceful'

Buy a season ticket people

• Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It's astounding the amount of people who claim to go to every game but do not have a season ticket.

I don't know about ye but the Limerick season ticket sold out. Counties with small venues like Waterford should do a tickets points system for the Munster championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I've had a Waterford Season ticket since the scheme started and they have never fully sold out. I think its just the likes of Limerick and Cork in hurling along with Dublin and Mayo in football that have had full sell outs of season tickets

• Advertisement

Personally I don't get the season ticket despite "going to all the games" because there is no terrace option which is a pain when you go to different games with different groups. Also I just love the terrace for championship.

Got 4 tickets for limerick Game north stand

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I had option of terrace or seated for all my championship season ticket games yesterday - took seated for all of them as I will have the young lad with me, would personally prefer being seated too but definitely needed with him. The option was there for terrace for them all.

As for during the league, every game was general admission on the season ticket so could have gone to the terrace if I wanted, cept for the final where neither terrace was open for anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭IanVW

Anyone's bring a friend option work for Limerick game?

New Jersey arrived today surprisingly decent . Don’t know why picture is that way

• Registered Users Posts: 38,310 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

Derek.

Shut the f*ck up please.

<message ends>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

I have a few of my own jerseys, sitting in the mother's house that don't look unlike that. I actually might have thrown out a few

My favourite is a 1995 u21 football one, I might wear it to the Gaelic Grounds for the craic

• Registered Users Posts: 11 914Deise

I agree with the above. Can't understand what Derek McGrath is talking about. Limerick are evens for the Liam McCarthy, we are 6/1.

Limerick will more than likely be better this year than last year. Kiely and Co always time their run to perfection. They have no weak links bar maybe discipline or complacency. Unlikely to be an issue come championship. Limerick are well ahead of Waterford in winning high ball in my opinion and won't let Waterford hit short puckouts.

We have Tipp first and they will be much improved than their league performance. It'll be a much tighter game imo. Some former Waterford player/manager need a dose of reality and stop talking up Waterford. Limerick are the team to beat.

Good luck to the minor team tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Yeah I'd be of a similar view, hopefully we are a lot closer to limerick this year, but the reality is that they have won the last 2 all Irelands, maybe took their foot off the gas for the league this year , but they're still by a distance the team to beat. Derek making these announcements isn't helping and hopefully he will lay off putting pressure on the team and management.

best of luck to the minors this evening, 8 of last year's panel that reached the Munster final, hopefully they do well tonight.

Advertisement