Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Dont Stop

Same team as league final named

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭Jizique

Will team be out tonight? I see Tipp team just named, very callow

• Registered Users Posts: 38,312 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Peter Hogan, Aussie and Jamie Barron on the bench, only 1 starter from Ballygunner

Post edited by PTH2009 on

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Dont Stop

Only one good enough from ballygunner to start, at this level.

Hogan, maybe, but hasnt played in a while due to injury, i believe

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭conor05

That is a good sign.

Plenty of hurling talent spread out across the whole county.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭seananigans

have to agree,as much as we like to see a strong side, the fact we can start without the gunners and without aussie is testament to a lot,when aussie comes on he will be bulling

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭JD. 60

Good grief ….. Eddie Brennan is tipping Waterford to win the AI (in an Irish Independent online article) ; two other pundits think likewise, including John Mullane.

Cahill doesn’t normally name dummy teams so it’s unlikely that Aussie will be sprung from the bench into the starting line up ; maybe he has a slight injury concern. Not a bad looking bench though!

Let the games begin.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Ian OB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

5 or 6 guys on our bench would walk on most other county teams

I can’t ever remembers time that was the case before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭seananigans

Have to Agree, Amazing we can start without Iarlaith, 2 Bennetts,Pauric Mahony, Jamie Barron,Peter Hogan and Aussie,not only can;t remmebr the case for us, have to go back to the drive for 5 team of KK to have a bench like that .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

Long time since there was a Waterford team without a mount Sion player starting a championship game…and only one Ballygunner….??

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

If anyone is looking for a terrace ticket, I have a spare

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭blueflame

Delighted to see same team starting - shows great faith and belief in squad and what a bench - hope now that team respond to management’s trust 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭blueflame

Eve of the Munster Championship and nerves setting in. Still feels so weird the Championship been on so early

Let's hope we'll be all gearing up to head to Croke Park on the 17th July

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Nerves building myself now, not long to go before throw in. Hard to argue with Cahill going with the same 15, to be fair it would be hard to drop anyone after a good performance and win from the previous game. It also sends out a clear message that if you’ve played well you’ll keep your place, even if that means keeping a bigger name on the bench (Aussie, Jamie, Peter Hogan, Bennetts x2). Some seem to interpret it as resting lads for the Limerick game but I don’t see it that way, he’s clearly rewarding the same lads who did well the last day knowing there’s options off the bench if needed. And even if they’re not needed, there obviously is the factor of quick and fast games ahead in the coming weeks.

Best of luck to Liam and the lads today, start well and keep it going throughout and we should be fine.

Up the Deise

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭paddy13

I will not read Derek's articles, I don't believe he even believes what he writes. I think he just wants attention. As manager he really enjoyed it and I think he still does. I wish he would be smarter what he says as he is just giving ammunition to opposition teams but as long as he gets attention I believe he is happy.

Anyway, looking forward to the match, hopefully we put in our good performance and can get over the line. I think Tipp will be much better than most people expect and if we are not fully focused we could get beaten.

However, I do expect us to win and put in a good performance. Best of luck to the lads! UP THE DEISE!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Pitch n Putt

Tipp will be poor. Waterford can empty the bench and spare the starters for next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭paddy13

PTH, are you ok,? You are a bit too optimistic for me 😜

Seriously I think we should win but regarding All Ireland that's a bit far away and if we are being honest Limerick are still favourites ATM and rightfully so.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Pudz2180

Nerves kicking in alright. Worst of the rain is meant to be around match time, who will the rain suit most? will it cause issues for our short passing running game? We will hardly go a bit more direct with the ball. Anyway best of luck to the team can’t wait to get to Walsh park, let’s make ourselves heard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭skaface

Best of luck to Lian and the team today..we're right behind ye lads

UP THE DEISE

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

What time will the turnstiles open?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Do you really want to be there that early with the rain pelting down? I'm leaving it as late as possible anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

It all begins in earnest today. Best of luck to the players, Liam and his management team. The whole county is proud of ye and 100% behind ye.

Theres a lot of BS in the media this week hyping up this team, and a lot of other counties enjoying all the talk about us and waiting for us to fall flat. But there’s something different about this group. Liam will keep the guys focused on the task at hand. One game at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Gates open half 12. @JeffKenna I'll wanting to be getting in early to get under cover in stand, esp with having young lad with me

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

God what a brutal day weather-wise.

Best of luck to the team today, we believe there is something special there this year

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

just trying to get the balance right! I want a good seat but don’t want to walk in like I swam there. Will try and leave it late though.

Best of luck to the team and management today

Feels odd to be heading to Walsh Park for a championship game. Enjoy the pre match pints in the great norrises

Weather not good for us

• Advertisement

Advertisement