Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,271 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Nice team and I'd say a few movements. Can't see Aussie staying full forward. Roll on Sunday hopefully we give it our all and put in a top display

Best of luck to the camogie team who play tomorrow in the All Ireland QF

Hard luck to the Camogie team, sadly not to be but they never gave up its a hard thing to try and get into the top 4 (Galway, Kilkenny, Tipp and Cork) who seem to be always the stronger teams

Not saying anything but this weekend so far the favourites have been falling like flies. New Zealand in the Rugby, Wexford and Offaly in the hurling and Tipp are making hard work of the game against Cork now

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

Looking forward to the big match tomorrow.

Anything is possible

Up the Deise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Nice to have a bit if hurling to watch in there otherwise gloomy times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭skaface

Best of luck to our hurlers today
    Up The Deise

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Munster final day... so strange not to be travelling and even stranger that it's mid November!!

tough task today that's for sure, but I'm confident Cahill will have a plan and the players will give 100%, can't ask for more than that.

best of luck to the team and management today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Up The Déise

Best of luck to the players and management today

Its great to have it on up the deise

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kilkenny34

Good luck today.spirit of 2002.will be tough but you never know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

H'on de Déise... if we don't win today, at least we'll have been shown our weaknesses and can address them in the quarter finals. Pressure's off because we're not expecting to win, but at the same time these young guys don't seem to have any problem with self doubt! Hoping for a really good showing anyway, you never know!

Jesus,what id give to be there

Fcuk coronavirus.....great to see us in a munster final.however....my first to watch at home since 1998

come on waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

I noticed Shane Bennett is not involved with Waterford.... I know he dropped out during Derek McGraths time.... what’s the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Not a bad result at half time! Good to see Waterford putting it up to Limerick but will need more in this half, especially playing against the breeze. Cmon the Deise!!

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

Good effort so far. Need to stop those balls into Gillane but easier said than done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Tadgh De Burca is some tank of a fella

Happy enough but Limerick never seem to bloody miss when they get the chance

We need a good start for the 2nd half. That's the time Limerick start too punish

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

We'll need goals to win it and it's hard to see where they'll come from. Fingers crossed though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Who's meant to be playing midfield with barron??

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

Need to start fast after this water break. A quick goal would be nice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Good showing, if we get Clare in QF I'd fancy us and then have a crack off KK in semi final

Very proud of the lads, we died with our boots on .I'd take Clare over Tipperary but its luck of the draw

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭skaface

Good performance, we'll learn from these games

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Great performance, shame dessie got no ball played into him. Must of only had 2 touches?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

skaface wrote: »
    Good performance, we'll learn from these games

It was Definitely the limerick white board at the ‘sos uisce’ that gave them the edge in the end......despite Marty and Duignan adoration during the first half Re the rapid hand passing etc they are not unbeatable.....very good performance by Waterford particularly taking into account the wind advantage LK had in 2nd half and the 20pt plus bearings we got of them last year

Need to sort the puckouts

Wasant Aussies day and hopefully he learns from this, if he pulls a strop i can't seen Cahill taking it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

Asdfgh2020 wrote: »
    It was Definitely the limerick white board at the ‘sos uisce’ that gave them the edge in the end......despite Marty and Duignan adoration during the first half Re the rapid hand passing etc they are not unbeatable.....very good performance by Waterford particularly taking into account the wind advantage LK had in 2nd half and the 20pt plus bearings we got of them last year

Taking off Jack Fagan a major turning point for me... Waterford forwards lost their shape and direction when he went off... I’d say Stephen Bennett who had been so influential didn’t score anymore after Fagan went off... and Limericks half back line came the game into big time.... after being under serious pressure for most of the match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Micky Bluenips

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Need to sort the puckouts

Wasant Aussies day and hopefully he learns from this, if he pulls a strop i can't seen Cahill taking it

If he pulls a strop Cahill shouldn't take it why would he? If Aussie had any hurling brains he could be running the show like Tony Kelly does. Good team performance though in fairness to them. The ball Limerick give in to Gillane and mulcahy is the the type of ball we need to give to dessie.

Advertisement