Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Micheal Fennelly out of the running

Going in as a selector for Kilkenny

Darren Gleeson also staying with Antrim

Post edited by PTH2009 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

where are you getting the Fennelly info from. How can he be selector when there’s no manager yet?

Going round on Facebook

'Martin Fogarty new Kk manager

Micheal Fennelly

Martin Comerford

James McGarry as Selectors

Be announced tomorrow night 👀'

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

I also read on Facebook that if I do these three minute ab exercises every day for a month I can have a 6 pack like Sean Finn.

(rolleyes)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭decies

hopefully New manager next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Its going to be Mcgrath

id prefer him over Eddie Brennan tbh

Derek does need to leave the past in the past in a few ways. Create a new gameplan, personal change (if the likes of Maurice and Jake Dillion deserves places in the squad on the back of a good club championship campaign then so be it) and sort out any issues etc

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭JD. 60

• Registered Users Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

You know the KK job is decided when you see people on Twitter asking Paddy Power if they're offering odds on the next KK manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭thesultan

• Advertisement

Yep Facebook bollox again

Derek Lyng after getting the KK job with backroom staff TBC

Christ Eddie Brennan is getting our job isn't he ?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭IanVW

Well it's a free country at the end of the day and sorry if I'm annoying ya. Anyway

Damien Tiernan posted this earlier

'Rumours abounding in Waterford GAA circles of new senior hurling manager announcement early next week after the Camogie final this Sunday…..'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Taught Derek did a good job 1st time around, 2 semi finals and final appearances over 5 years is decent considering how competitive it has been with the top 8/9 teams during that time. Don't think he's helped himself at times with the punditry e.g. the 'we're the team to beat' proclamation the Monday after the league final.

Do you not remember how **** it was to watch with the sweeper focus. He has had his time at the steering wheel time to give the keys to someone else

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

While I admire how the co board moved fast to go about the interview process to get the position filled, I do wonder did they move nearly too quickly, the application date was closed no less than a week after Cahill had informed them he was going.

Not a lot of time for potential candidates to think about it and assemble backroom team / plans etc. we’re left with a one horse race it seems with McGrath being the best candidate available, unless the co board decide to go a bit left field with a young manager such as Molumphy or Fennelly

Anyway it seems a decision has been made as Darren Gleeson has obviously been informed he’s not getting it hence his announcement to commit to Antrim, so we’ll Know for sure very shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Yeah it was awful to watch at times but in terms of results he did well over the 5 years, i would be apprehensive for ye if he got it again, Limerick have moved the needle in a big way since he was last there.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭JD. 60

The situation is very fluid with regard to the managerial vacancy

At one point yesterday, it was indicated to me that the new man would be from inside the county, with a low profile (not Derek so).

This was followed last night by an update ; Davy is still in the frame (he finishes up with Cork camogie on Sunday) ; he wouldn't be my preference (let him go to Dublin or Laois).

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheScoringGoal

I was wondering about that. Was it Damien Tiernan who said that it would be announced after the camogie? Perhaps I'm putting 2 and 2 together and getting 200 but with Davy being involved with Cork was he hinting at something?

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭skaface

He won a league title, should have won a second one.. He got us to an All lreland which i honestly believe we would have won ( no dissrespect to Galway ) had he allowed our players to go out and hurl that day instead of worrying about what Galway were going to bring to the table.. So , in my opinion he under achieved with the players he had and it took a long time before they stopped playing that defensive style.. I honestly don't know who the best option is to go forward with tbh, but i think Derek had his chance at management and didnt deliver in an All lreland where i think we had our best chance of winning since '59.. We don't get to many..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Rog32

Think would be best to go within the county if possible, not too many after winning All Irelands managing other counties. Limerick’s plan is the one to try and replicate far from easy though!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭razorronan

There seems to be a lot of goodwill on this thread for Molumphy. While we nearly all share a slight concern about his intercounty experience as a manager I think the majority would welcome his appointment and row in behind him.

Derek & Davy on the otherhand would not be popular choices for lots of fans. Nor would Eddie Brennan.

Personally speaking I'd love to see Micheál Donoghue get it. Doubt he would be interested, but has the best CV of all those linked an no baggage (that I'm aware of).

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

I don't mind who gets it as long as it's isn't Derek, Davy, Eddie Brennan, peter quaelly, Anthony Daly, Michael fennelly , Liam Cahill, ger loughnane, babs Keating or jim Greene....

have I forgotten anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Pudz2180

Christ awful news coming out of tipperary tonight. Condolences to the young man’s family, friends and all in Tipp GAA.

Very sad news,RIP to the player. thoughts and prayers with everyone in Tipp GAA and family/Friends

Post edited by PTH2009 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

As a mark of respect for Dillon Quirke no posting rubbish or managerial rumours for the next few days on this thread please, theres more important things in life. If mods want to lock the thread for the weekend thats more than fine by me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭decies

Thoughts with Dillons family and friends RIP

Very sad news, and God rest his soul the poor chap. God love his family, friends and clubmates.

Locking a thread on a discussion board from another county seems a bit extreme/pointless if you ask me, but there you go..

Roanmore through to the QFs after there 4-14-1-8 win over Dunhill

• Advertisement

Advertisement