Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

Asdfgh2020 wrote: »
    Other than being a nicely written piece about the early days of gaa in Waterford what relevance does it have to anything in the present day or regarding tomorrow’s match...?

the Irish examiner must have lost their marbles. Why don’t you send a letter to the editor?

garv123 wrote: »
    I'd have liked to see Conor Gleeson starting midfield.

Only just back from a long injury and was effective enough coming off the bench the last day. Jake Dillon has been playing well for us anyway and I assume you weren’t looking to drop Barron

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭upthedeise16

This line that Cody doesn’t do dummy teams is a load of rubbish in my opinion.
    I know Kilkenny have named Hogan to start but I expect Fennelly to start in on top of Prunty. They will see the success that Shanagher got on some of the high ball hit in and see opportunities for Fennelly to do the same. To be fair to Prunty, Shanagher only won 3/4 balls for the whole match but did damage. I’d see Hogan being introduced in the expectation that he will make an impact like the last day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

I wonder what the odds are of TJ or Fennelly ‘doing their ankle’ during the warm up a la Tony Kelly...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

Best of luck to Waterford at the weekend . Would love to see you back in All Ireland final. Playing impressive hurling this year and well capable of beating Kilkenny. All the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Asdfgh2020 wrote:
    I wonder what the odds are of TJ or one of the fennelys ‘doing their ankle’ during the warm up a la Tony Kelly...?

Random

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

This line that Cody doesn’t do dummy teams is a load of rubbish in my opinion.
    I know Kilkenny have named Hogan to start but I expect Fennelly to start in on top of Prunty. They will see the success that Shanagher got on some of the high ball hit in and see opportunities for Fennelly to do the same. To be fair to Prunty, Shanagher only won 3/4 balls for the whole match but did damage. I’d see Hogan being introduced in the expectation that he will make an impact like the last day.
    For a small man richie hogan is well capable of winning his own ball too..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,865 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Asdfgh2020 wrote: »
    I wonder what the odds are of TJ or one of the fennelys ‘doing their ankle’ during the warm up a la Tony Kelly...?

"One of the fennellys"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

"One of the fennellys"

Just corrected my lack of kk team sheet knowledge......Fennelly now singular.

Random

There is no Fennelly even on the starting 15 for starters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

I dont see Cody naming a dummy team. Not his style nor is there evidence of him doing it in the past. Secondly an experienced guy like Hogan wouldnt be too happy to be the stooge in a convoluted deception. In saying that I think Fennelly would have given Prunty more trouble from the start but we will definitely see him coming on..Id give Waterford the advantage now. I just hope that they can keep Kilkenny to 2 goals..that ll be enough. Waterford to win by 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

BloodyBill wrote: »
    I dont see Cody naming a dummy team. Not his style nor is there evidence of him doing it in the past. Secondly an experienced guy like Hogan wouldnt be too happy to be the stooge in a convoluted deception. In saying that I think Fennelly would have given Prunty more trouble from the start but we will definitely see him coming on..Id give Waterford the advantage now. I just hope that they can keep Kilkenny to 2 goals..that ll be enough. Waterford to win by 3.
    Cody has named several dummy teams in recent years, famously did against Waterford in 2016 springing Liam Blanchfield, there's a much in truth in that notion as there is in Kilkenny playing traditional 15 on 15 which they haven't sense 2006

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Wasn't just Blanchfield, he also "sprung" Mark Bergin, and there was one other who wasn't originally named to start that day maybe Larkin?

Everyone knew on the Friday though, no white smoke coming about the team named last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,278 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Up the deise

Best of luck to the squad and management today

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭skaface

Best of luck to Liam and the players
    Up the Déise

God would love to be up there up right. Curtain raiser almost over

https://youtu.be/_RySeiQTco0

Waterford team has arrived

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3522063654544320&id=230772640340121

Disaster. Kilkenny getting easy frees. Waterford nearly have to be murdered to get one.

Not at the races today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Disappointing. Hard to see a win here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Still early days. I wouldn't be calling it too quickly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

Lots of nervous fumbling of ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Only just back from a long injury and was effective enough coming off the bench the last day. Jake Dillon has been playing well for us anyway and I assume you weren’t looking to drop Barron

Ya ill stick to my opinion..

Austin Gleeson disgraceful miss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

KK well on top now

Nothing going Aussies way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Horgan giving Waterford nothing, soft frees for Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Eh. KK totally on top. Horgan is the least of Waterfords worries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Eh. KK totally on top. Horgan is the least of Waterfords worries

Have to agree. Looks pathetic when we blame the ref.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Cornerboy 2

Its Waterford that are committing the soft fouls not Horgan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Bullsh1t. The performance has absolutely nothing to do with the referee.

Advertisement