Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

As well as the ‘circus’ leaving town, does anyone know how or if it’s possible to ‘dissolve an entire county board’…..?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Maybe if clubs are vocal about it

If Davy does go then would the current Ballygunner senior management team be suitable for the position or would they even want it. Sean Power currently with the senior Camoige team should be considered given his success

God knows what's going to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Alf Tupper

He was on the committee. Sure that type of thing wouldn't bother Fergal.

He's also on the committee for "Waterford Rising" - what an oxymoron!

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭skaface

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

• Advertisement

Even if Darragh O’Sullivan & David Franks were interested (unlikely IMO), I couldn’t see them going in while Ballygunner are still active which could be up until January 2024 if their campaign goes well again.

Any new manager would need to be starting back in October / November of this year.

Those looking for public clear the air statements last year & this year again, did Tipperary give such statements last year? Doesn’t seem to have done them any harm this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭decies

Because we needed it more last season after the EPIC collapse from the league campaign , do I expect anything in coming months no . We need it more then ever now because let’s be honest people are going to check out from this team if not now but pretty soon . While it will be great to presumingly have home fixtures next season we also heave the dreaded trips to limerick and Ennis which might well decide how people will approach season tickets .

So you think the county board chairman (or someone of similar standing) should come out & say Player X was leaking teams to the media (which probably can’t be proven), that the manager made an absolute balls of the 3 weeks between Limerick & Cork in 2022 & heads dropped when it was out of our hands.

I fail to see how that is supposed to help with the sale of season tickets for next year! I also fail to see how that will help when we are (hopefully) looking for a new management team in the next month or two.

If davey does depart he will surely never get near any team management job even juvenile in the future he should just hang up his management boots and vocal cords …😡😡😡

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Debating whether it's even worth paying the E12 for the game on GAAGo this weekend. Not that it matters all that much at this stage but is there any hope we could pull off a surprise? We saw how flat we were against Cork having emptied the tank a week earlier against Limerick, I wonder if Tipp will suffer the same fate. That's really the only thing that gives me a bit of hope. I could nearly see it going one of two ways - we go out and under no real pressure to do anything play our best hurling of the year (which would be typical given we're already gone) or we go out and pick up from the sh!tshow where we left off from Clare and Cork. I'd lean towards the latter as it's hard to see how the players will have any motivation in a nothing game.

I hate even saying it but would we even want to see a win or even a big performance? It would only serve to help keep Davy on whereas another 70mins of what we saw the last two games could potentially tip Davy's position from "on thin ice" to "untenable". I recall seeing Tipp fans this time last year in their last group game against Cork hoping for another bad beating which would enable the end of Colm Bonnar. That's how it turned out and look at them now.

Can’t see anything other than another bad beating of 15pts plus next Sunday…..morale must be on the floor and there is nothing to play for other than ‘self respect and pride’ the only positive out of it can be that it might seal the end of this ‘annus horribilus’ and ‘celebrity mis management’…..there was false hope for 20 odd minutes during the limerick game where a surprise seemed on the cards and that everyones negative attitude about Davey’s return was misplaced but since then there has been absolutely nothing….two abysmal performances which have been sickening and embarrassing to witness and a third one is almost inevitable on Sunday. looking back at the league the signs were there as to what was in store……the absurdity of players being fitted with ear pieces and being remotely instructed what to do by someone from the ‘mis-management team’ in the stands ( some described it as ‘innovation’ as it was only the league and such ‘experiments’ were worth trialing), indiscipline and multiple red cards, then there was and still is the bizarre sightings of Dessie Hutchinson in the half back line trying to win ball…..If this guy stays for another year it will only accelerate the decline to Offaly status…..players will ‘opt out’ / choose retirement, results will get worse……can’t see anything positive whatsoever in retaining the him…..also based on what has transpired who could blame Stephen O’keeffee for not returning. with a better management team in place next year is a ‘phoenix from the flames ‘ turn around like Tipp have achieved this year possible…..even being competitive again and ‘getting out of Munster’ would be a start but unfortunately most ‘experts’ predict the ‘Offaly’ route is in store / joe Mcdonagh cup etc😡😡

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

this could be very interesting if true. Don’t expect Davy to go quietly with nothing to say, and not try protect his own reputation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭decies

Gave my ticket to a Tipperary undertaker at least he can give them a decent burial. With the current shambles around the team I couldn’t justify even the fuel cost to Thurles and I live nearer then most on here. I think the supporters now need to be vocal in saying enough is enough .

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭puzl

If Davy is getting the steel capped toe out the door he's going to try to burn the whole house down on his way out, so he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Is Prunty injured?

Well, yeah. He's one of Waterford's best defenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

Brian Carroll said it on a podcast today yeah. Apparently Prunty is out. No idea who his source is.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭deise man

Think prunty had surgery on an ankle at the weekend

• Advertisement

So much gone wrong in the camp anything less than a ten point defeat would be a surprise….😡

who is this Brian Carroll guy (Offaly native?) and where does he get all his info….?

I know the feeling. Tipp didn't win a game last year. We've only won one this year but the spirit and fight is there so far which is the main thing. Last year was very tough.

Carroll does bits and pieces for the radio. Played for Offaly - think he was a selector for them at one point under Kelly. Does the Hurler's Life podcast. Some of them are very good. Actually a lot of the Waterford ex-player interviews are great. He's a regular on Smaller Fish. Brian Carroll (hurler) - Wikipedia

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

If Prunty is indeed out, this is starting to remind me of the game in Ennis last year. I think Davy will persist with his game plan though, as in his mind it’s a 3 year plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Alf Tupper

No worries Jack Prendergast will slot in at full back!

His game plan that ensures 15 pt plus hammerings and humiliation and crushing squad morale and accelerating player opt outs or retirements 😡😡

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

When was the last time a Davy Fitz team was beaten by 15pt plus?

Is Davy to blame for Waterford not wining a single game across all 6 grades/codes this year?

Is Davy to blame for Waterford not having a stadium capable of holding a Championship?

How many managers are Waterford going to blame at this stage?

A bunch of prima donna players who for some reason think they are better than they are, together with a horrible club divide and the most inept county board in the country would be where I would be looking at. Can't for the life of me figure out how the players seem to be immune from any blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭TheScoringGoal

Can you explain what do people get out of going onto the forum's of other teams and abusing their players? I never understand it. I love hurling and without other teams competing it simply doesn't work. I've been to very game this year and the worst incident I have witnessed among fans is an empty plastic bottle being thrown. Otherwise all fans have supported their teams passionately but in the right spirits. I will never understand what joy or satisfaction or thrill or whatever it is that is gained from kicking a team that's down. Tipp have a fine team, definitely on the up and likely to have more room for improvement. Can you not enjoy that instead?

What a very strange post! I wasn't aware that county threads were for people from that county only, a very strange concept that would be, no?

I was replying to a post that was abusing an individual and naming him, I named no players ( I can if you like, we all know who they are)

If you want to talk about Tipp, then by all means please come and post on the Tipperary thread, I promise we are not as precious as you about such matters.

Which part of my post did you disagree with or do you wish to counter? Burying ones head in the sand solves nothing and is what has Waterford where they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭TheScoringGoal

County threads being limited to natives of that county would be an extremely strange proposition. Perhaps you could point to me where I suggested that should be the case? I made a very clear distinction that you ignored. It may astound you but I have no interest in which Waterford players (or other players) that you'd like to abuse.

There was no abuse to Davy Fitzgerald in the comment you responded to. Calling players prima donnas is however. It's fascinating also that you seem to be aware of their opinions of themselves.

Despite answering all the questions I didn't ask, you failed to answer the one I did. What do you get out out of it?

• Advertisement

Jaysus if you were any further up your own..........

You're right though none of my business what Waterford do or don't do, bury your precious little head in the sand all you like.

To the more reasoned posters here, I wish Waterford nothing but good luck and simply offer the outside perspective that Davy Fitz is not the root or cause of the problem, merely a symptom of it. I wont post here anymore as it seems to upset the recently appointed owner and moderator of the thread, but wish Waterford the very best of luck in the future.

Advertisement