Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Third ever championship win v Kilkenny despite being 7 down.

And thoroughly deserved. Better team won. Kilkenny can have no complaints.

Delighted for Warerford fans!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭fire_man

Well done Waterford.Some performance. Love the passion on the sidelne too.Best of luck from Clareman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭slegs

slegs wrote: »
    From Limerick and thought Waterford were excellent today. Think ye will have a big shout yet this year. Cahill seems exactly what Waterford needed with the talented hurlers ye have down there

Had a sneaking suspicion ye would go all the way to final. Was very impressed with the entire performance and style of play in Munster final. Hope we can make it rematch now. Would be some game

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

carq wrote: »
    Awful first half
    Remind me of waterford under mcgrath, except with more errors. Bad balls into the forwards and crazy solo runs to nowhere.

Need to get in, calm down, look for their men and somehow relax.

Well done lads.
    Great to see the lads do themselves justice and express themselves.
    One of the best halfs in recent memory.
    No matter what they have done themselves proud and represented their county .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Surely lockdown has to be lifted for the final? If Waterford won it would get the hospitality sector back in the green

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Micky Bluenips

Great performance in the end from everyone involved. Just hurled and worked like dogs in the second half. Well done and fair play to them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

No surprise to anybody in Tipperary that Liam Cahill was capable of overseeing a turnaround in performance like this. One of the best hurling minds in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭spideyman92

Feel like a ball of emotions haha. I'd gladly cancel Christmas to be in Croke Park in 2 weeks time haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,223 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Fair play to the Déise, outstanding second half, serious character to come back in that manner, very easy for heads to drop and say three weeks in a row too much etc. Have had a soft spot for your county since the very dignified manner your fans took All Ireland loss against Galway in ‘17, a credit to any county, even more considering the time since last All-Ireland.

Hoping for a repeat of the 2017 final but if it’s Limerick ye are facing, will be roaring for ye from the west.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

History definitely made there tonight. Absolutely electrifying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 castlecat

Kk supporter here, Savage 2nd half from waterford, I firmly believe its the first time in my life I can see them winning an all ireland, since 98 they have done a huge amount of huffing and puffing but there was at least always one team better, can't see anyone better at the moment, the time has come, good luck in the final,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Well done guys. Phenomenal second half performance.
    How has Fagan done for ye? Is this the first year he's been consistently starting? His catches for both goals were incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Dexpat

Unbelievable stuff. Some spirit to come back from that start. 2020 could actually go down as an epic year after all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

Anyone else hitting reload on RTE player to watch it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭blueflame

Not bad for a team that doesn’t have any forwards. Fair play to Cahill , Bevans, Molumphy And most of all Frampton - took a lot of flack when he took selectors job after being involved in appointment of Cahill - they hurled tonight just like frampton did himself - full of heart and aggression- unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Well done lads, god bless the hurling

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Good plan, I'll only watch the second half though.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Moggy13

Absobloodylutely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Great stuff today, I was delighted in recent years to see Clare, Galway and Limerick win it, the icing on the cake would be a Waterford win in 2020. Come on guys, believe that it will happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

Fair play to ye in Waterford for snapping up one of our own in Liam Cahill and beavens.we might never get them back from ye.best of luck in the final

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,278 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Galway will win tomorrow

Repeat of the 2017 final

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭blueflame

boggerman1 wrote: »
    Fair play to ye in Waterford for snapping up one of our own in Liam Cahill and beavens.we might never get them back from ye.best of luck in the final

Never thought I would say this but “Thank you
    Tipperary “ - from the first minute I met the
    Man I said yes we have the right guy for this bunch of players at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

My heart goes out to all waterford supporters. Not being there tonight and possibility of same for final.
    Mind you if ye win I, s sure ye, ll sacrifice it ��

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭spideyman92

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Galway will win tomorrow

Repeat of the 2017 final

I hope not considering the result haha

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Tipp 77

Congratulations to Waterford. Best of luck in the final. All the other teams in the semifinals have recent All Ireland wins so I hope you get your win this year

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Cornerboy 2

Waterford for the hurling
    Tipp for the football

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭Charlie69

Congratulations to Waterford from a Kilkenny man... absolutely blew us out of it in the second half and well deserved the win. Hope ye go on to land the big one.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 McBurgermacs

2-17 second half, sensational.
    What a performance and to get 1 over them as well. Cody looked very gracious at the end there. Class act

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

The heart rate is only going back to normal now!
    What an absolutely wonderful second half of hurling. I've never seen anything like it from a Waterford side. What I'd have given to be in Croke Park today and again in two weeks time. CMON THE DEISE!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭NaDeise92

Unbelievable 2nd half. Great heart by the lads - kilkenny worked in packs in the 1st half always sweeping up the breaking ball. And we came out a different team the 2nd half.

Drive it on now to the final boys - some turn around from last year to this season when nobody absolutely nobody gave us a sniff.

Advertisement