Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

2-17 second half, sensational.
    What a performance and to get 1 over them as well. Cody looked very gracious at the end there. Class act

Cody always appreciates a good game of hurling irrespective of the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,278 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Anywhere to buy Waterford facemasks other than online?

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

Just so proud of the team, they had every excuse that was going, to lay down in the second half... (ah we have had a good year, the legs are gone with the third week in a row, KK in a semifinal we were never going to win, Cody doesn't lose semis etc etc) and they RIPPED up the script book and absolutely BLEW Kilkenny ( and that useless referee) out of it in the second half, 2 - 17 in the second half, just amazing stuff

UP THE DEISE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

To be honest at half time they way things were going I thought it was gone with KK on top over the field and would probably win by 12 or 15 points, to come out with that second half display, I always thought we were capable of but to see it happen today was just brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭droppingball

Well done lads, some second half, we couldn't live with your pace and your finishing was much improved. Best of luck in final hope ye do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

Brilliant performance from Waterford tonight (for the 2nd half!). I thought they had a real chance coming into the game but things would have to go right...and they certainly didn't in the 1st half. They made a load of poor decisions and panicky shots. Having said that, I thought they were well in the game and but for a couple of breaks of the ball could have been level.
    None of the "analysts" gave them a chance at half time and said kk were lording it: I was shouting at the telly at this stage!!
    It's amazing what a bit of belief and calm can do and they completely outclassed kk in 2nd half and probably should have gotten at least one if not two more goals.

Fair play lads, well done.
    A Limerick fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,368 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Kilkenny man here. No complaints here, Waterford thoroughly deserved that victory. The second half performance was immense.

Even though we were on top at half-time, I was still very worried because you caused us huge issues when running directly at our defence and also your puck-out strategy was brilliant. There was only one team in it during the third quarter and ye had built enough momentum then to see the match through in the last 20 minutes.

Best of luck in the final!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭blueflame

boggerman1 wrote: »
    Fair play to ye in Waterford for snapping up one of our own in Liam Cahill and beavens.we might never get them back from ye.best of luck in the final

Never thought I would say this but “Thank you
    Tipperary “ - from the first minute I met the
    Man I said yes we have the right guy for this bunch of players at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

Ah lads I’m buzzing. What a performance. I’m so proud of them all. Whatever Cahill said at half time should be the lyrics to our new anthem!

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

Bennett is the ultimate warrior. He dragged us back into it and they all responded and joined him. What a game from Fagan! Aussie getting going is a positive sign for the final now. Unreal performances all over the field. I don’t even know where to start so I’m just going to have a few beers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Some serious hurlers on that Waterford team

Lyons
    TDB
    Barron
    Gleeson
    Fagan

And of course Bennett shined most today

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Heartfelt Congratulations. When Waterford hurl well there's no county that can match their panache and verve. I watched it with an English guy and he loves ye. He's converted and ye did it. And the ref gave Waterford nothing especially in the first half . He was shocking. Limerick nor Galway would want to meet you guys on that form. Who would ye prefer to get?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Congrats Waterford!!
    What a win, the fitness and Fight in the players is something else

From your neighbour across the bridge

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheScoringGoal

Who's over strength and conditioning with us this year? Whoever it is has done some job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Phew, that was an amazing match. Terrible first half, seemed to be stuck to the ground and the two goals were awful, esp the first one when O'Keffee stayed on his line which was shocking as he gave Hogan loads of time. The wides were sloppy and the stick work was poor but what a turnaround. Probably the best 35 minutes of Waterford hurling I've ever seen, it would float your around the house.

Whatever Cahill said to them or gave them to drink, I'd love to have. Fair play to them for going at it and turning KK over, they must have been 66/1 to win at half time. The amout of ball they won and dirty ball too against the kings of that type of ball. The harrying and power they swept at KK was immense and brilliant to see all across the pitch. The faith this turnaround will give them will prove that they have the skill and ability to get this over the line in two weeks time. Hon the Deise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭seananigans

SAMTALK wrote: »
    My heart goes out to all waterford supporters. Not being there tonight and possibility of same for final.
    Mind you if ye win I, s sure ye, ll sacrifice it ��

i will drag my balls through 20 miles of broken glass if we win it, when all this is over we can celebrate
    blueflame wrote: »
    Never thought I would say this but “Thank you
    Tipperary “ - from the first minute I met the
    Man I said yes we have the right guy for this bunch of players at last.

cant agree more thanks tipp
    The heart rate is only going back to normal now!
    What an absolutely wonderful second half of hurling. I've never seen anything like it from a Waterford side. What I'd have given to be in Croke Park today and again in two weeks time. CMON THE DEISE!!!!
    BloodyBill wrote: »
    Heartfelt Congratulations. When Waterford hurl well there's no county that can match their panache and verve. I watched it with an English guy and he loves ye. He's converted and ye did it. And the ref gave Waterford nothing especially in the first half . He was shocking. Limerick nor Galway would want to meet you guys on that form. Who would ye prefer to get?

personally dont care, in order to be the best you have to beat the best, the best team will win, if we deserve to beat them we will
    JeffKenna wrote: »
    Good plan, I'll only watch the second half though.

the first half is more important other waterford teams would have folded, the 08 all ireland team folded, winning id easy with a good start , coming form 7 points behind to win, thats new

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Nights like this you'd miss the pubs being open but these cans of bud are going down well

Massive dent in a bottle of Waterford whisky since half time here!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

chinguetti wrote: »
    Phew, that was an amazing match. Terrible first half, seemed to be stuck to the ground and the two goals were awful, esp the first one when O'Keffee stayed on his line which was shocking as he gave Hogan loads of time. The wides were sloppy and the stick work was poor but what a turnaround. Probably the best 35 minutes of Waterford hurling I've ever seen, it would float your around the house.

Whatever Cahill said to them or gave them to drink, I'd love to have. Fair play to them for going at it and turning KK over, they must have been 66/1 to win at half time. The amout of ball they won and dirty ball too against the kings of that type of ball. The harrying and power they swept at KK was immense and brilliant to see all across the pitch. The faith this turnaround will give them will prove that they have the skill and ability to get this over the line in two weeks time. Hon the Deise

Strange enough they were still only 6/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 JD 60

Won despite the best efforts of the referee.

O ye of little faith.

Massive dent in a bottle of Waterford whisky since half time here!

can't drink whiskey it turns me into a raving lunatic!! :pac:

• Advertisement

can't drink whiskey it turns me into a raving lunatic!! :pac:

Watch this space!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 highpath

Am I right in saying that the wet pitch took more from Waterford than KK? Waterford seemed to lose their footing a lot more. A dry pitch would have shown the skill levels at an even higher level.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Motivator

Deskjockey wrote: »
    Absolute Nonsense.

They were in the final last year and back in the semi final this year and have beaten both Limerick and Galway in the Championship this year or last.

Let's big up our own team - I give our lads every chance- but the comment above is just stupid. Kilkenny in Croke Park is a big ask, and hopefully we can do it, but we don't have to talk down our opponents in a ridiculous way to big up our own lads.

Would you agree with me now? Waterford dominated the game from start to finish. Waterford didn’t hurl at all in the first half and were only 7 points down. A better team would have been out of site at half time. Waterford’s performance in the second half was coming, not that I thought it at half time but I felt all week there was a massive performance in this team. Great to be in a final now and neither team tomorrow will intimidate this Waterford team.

not wanting to moan, but could they not allow say 2000-5000 into Croke park for AI final, clubs could raffle off the tickets..it will be a shame that even the player's families can't be there for the occasion.

Motivator wrote: »
    Waterford dominated the game from start to finish.

Right.

You really should stop digging.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭puzl

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Anywhere to buy Waterford facemasks other than online?

Im 100% getting a Waterford facemask

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Not one bit of my disappointment is coming from losing to that Waterford team.

Those Bennetts are absolute animals.

Ye have a team to be proud of.

Best of luck in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭puzl

All you kk gents coming in to wish us luck do your county proud.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Lads have a look at twitter. 4 of the top 5 tending items are to do with Waterford!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

not wanting to moan, but could they not allow say 2000-5000 into Croke park for AI final, clubs could raffle off the tickets..it will be a shame that even the player's families can't be there for the occasion.

Maybe merit in the last point but would be an impossible job allocating them unfortunately. It's heart breaking not being there seeing that incredible second half, but in fairness if these lads go out and win all Ireland medals I won't complain.

In my opinion, it's only just rewards for the collective efforts of our County men in the last 22 years.

Advertisement