Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

PTH2009 wrote: »
    More frustrating that i ordered it on the 29th Nov and was sent an email on monday saying it was processed. Ah well i'll still wear it proudly over the holidays

Might be no harm to follow it up PTH, I got that email yesterday and fastway have just delivered mine! Delighted to have it in time for Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 38,280 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Might be no harm to follow it up PTH, I got that email yesterday and fastway have just delivered mine! Delighted to have it in time for Sunday

Sent an email off there

Hogan on Antony Dalys podcast predicted the match will go to penalties with Aussie scoring the winning penality. Jesus lads my heart won't be able for that

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭skaface

Getting nervous now..
    Jesus lads, isn't it great to be in an All lreland Final again, nothing like it.. Hopefully we go on now on Sunday and end the Famine.
    Déise Abú

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Sent an email off there

Hogan on Antony Dalys podcast predicted the match will go to penalties with Aussie scoring the winning penality. Jesus lads my heart won't be able for that

I couldn't actually watch that if it happened, have to turn off the TV and stare at a blank screen.

What id do to be up in Dublin for the weekend

Surreal to be in an All Ireland final again. It took Ken, Tony, Dan etc how many years to get into 1 and there's lads in this squad in their 2nd in 4 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Really building up now ... been listening to the Friday evening previews, mad for the game now!! can't wait for Sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭JD60

Would be nice to fast forward to Sunday 3.30pm.

Terrible to think that the players won’t even get a sausage in Croke Park after the match (the GAA asked but the ‘Government’ said no meals).

Interesting article in The Examiner with Stephen Molumphy ; though still based in the UK, he’s still very much involved in the back room team, including a live ‘link’ to some of the management during matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

When will the team be announced? It's tonight yeah?

Monty in for Jake

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Waterford v.Limerick
    1 S O'Keeffe
    2 I Kenny
    3 C Prunty
    4 S McNulty
    5 C Lyons
    6 T De Burca
    7 K Moran
    8 J Barron
    9 K Bennett
    10 J Fagan
    11 N Montgomery
    12 S Bennett
    13 D Hutchinson
    14 A Gleeson
    15 J Prendergast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Fives on the bench

Change was expected, Montgomery will add a bit of height in the forward line. Hard to see Dillion coming on to change the game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Same team named by Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

No surprise in the team and it was an expected change.

Will they win? You'd have to say we're outsiders and would have to score 2 or 3 goals to win. Our puck outs will be under serious pressure as Galway's were and there's an element of robbing Peter to pay Paul with the marking of the Limerick half forwards. The longer we keep the score tight, the better chance we have in my mind. If Limerick get 6 points or more ahead, they won't let us back into the game like Kilkenny did, they'll win enough ball to keep taking points from distance.

Not much atmosphere around Dublin from what I can see but its nice to live in an estate where there's 3 Waterford flags on cars/houses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

We've a good bench. One of Fives, Dillon, D Lyons, C Gleeson, Curran and Daly is going to miss out on Sunday. Proper options, I wouldn't have my head in my hands if any of those had to be introduced earlier than planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Cake Man

More frustrating that i ordered it on the 29th Nov and was sent an email on monday saying it was processed. Ah well i'll still wear it proudly over the holidays

Don’t worry PTH, you’ll be wearing it while getting your picture taken standing over Liam McCarthy when they eventually can bring to cup home in a few months time! ;)

Happy with the team, it was the only real expected change. Nerves building now, I’m going to be up in a heap come throw in Sunday, let alone if it’s in the melting pot with a few minutes to go. Hands were shaking after the KK game even. Bring it on though, will take the years off my life if we can do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

having watched back the munster final and both semi-finals.... its quite clear the battle between Limericks half back line and Jack Fagan will be instrumental in who wins on Sunday... his understanding with Bennett... his workrate... and obviously his aerial prowess is going to be a major deciding factor in the outcome...

imagine the performance of a Meathman will be central to how Waterford do... if u said that to someone a year ago they'd say if twas football mayb but we're talknig bout hurling... the men in the white coats would b called...

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

It’s the team we expected so no surprises really. I was quite calm all week but the nerves are kicking in now. I said I’d try and enjoy this one as you never know when you’ll be back! Easier said than done 😊

Have that feeling Gillane could have the game of his life on Sunday. Bad memeories of Henry Shefflin 2004 about him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭decies

Think it’s now or never for Waterford Hurling . Am of opinion it’s now .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Motivator

Have that feeling Gillane could have the game of his life on Sunday. Bad memeories of Henry Shefflin 2004 about him

Will you ever just give it up. You’re the online version of Eddie Batt.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

Tough on Jake Dillon and Shane Fives, they must both be disappointed tonight.

But glad we are starting Montgomery as he was really good the last day and corner back is no place to start someone who is 95% or where there is a doubt he is 100% fit.

Imagine Dillon will be brought on at some stage and hope he has the game of his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭ovalu

Deskjockey wrote: »

Imagine Dillon will be brought on at some stage and hope he has the game of his life.

Doubt it, not really an impact player

Motivator wrote: »
    Will you ever just give it up. You’re the online version of Eddie Batt.

Up the deise. Relax the feck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Motivator

Up the deise. Relax the feck

You’re the most negative person of all time. You’ve spent 3 days moaning about a bloody jumper, you realise that don’t you?

Back to the match - Jake Dillon won’t come on tomorrow Unless Waterford are 10 points clear and Cahill empties the bench. He’s not an impact sub and would struggle the get to grips with the pace of the game. No offense to the chap but he’s no match winner and won’t come on and change the course of the game in Waterford’s favour.

In a poll of 12 "experts" in today's Indo, 10 of them say Limerick will win ; of the other 2, John Mullane predicts a one point win for Waterford !

In todays IT, both Sean Moran & Nicky English are tipping Waterford. That's more like it.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/nicky-english-waterford-set-to-crown-infamous-year-with-a-famous-triumph-1.4434416

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/waterford-s-momentum-to-trump-limerick-s-formidable-reputation-1.4434534

Did I read somewhere that the All Ireland Programme for tomorrow will be on physical sale in Centra shops in both Waterford and Limerick this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

skaface wrote: »
    Did I read somewhere that the All Ireland Programme for tomorrow will be on physical sale in Centra shops in both Waterford and Limerick this weekend

yes they said on wlr the programme would be on sale in centra shops this afternoon

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    yes they said on wlr the programme would be on sale in centra shops this afternoon

Got one, sound

• Advertisement

Best of luck to both minors teams today

Ordered the programme online but great to have the option to buy it in shops

Advertisement