Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Hopontop

Minor footballers down 1:06 to 0:03 at h/t, Limerick with 1:01 in added time (including a penalty with the last kick of the half)

Limerick pulling away here despite an early goal from Waterford. 2:09 to 1:04, some poor attempts at long kicks and carrying into defenders but they’re putting in a great effort

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

Can't find the link for the minor match. Anyone got it?

Can't find the link for the minor match. Anyone got it?

It’s on the munster gaa webpage (€5)

Lots of poor wides so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheScoringGoal

I'd love to see the free count, seems very one sided

Don’t want to be complaining too much about a ref but Tipp seem to be getting the rub of the green, real momentum changing decisions too

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭carter10

Embarrassing skill levels from Waterford minors. time after time after time players foostering and fumbling. Abysmal effort

The poor start and the missed goal chances seemed to be the difference between both sides, good game and good hurling from young lads playing in December

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭JesusRef

U17 is of a very poor standard since they changed the age grades

Why is Fly Fitzgeralds son playing with Ballygunnar?

• Advertisement

carter10 wrote: »
    Embarrassing skill levels from Waterford minors. time after time after time players foostering and fumbling. Abysmal effort

Considering the year that was in it, the disrupted preparation, the condition of the pitch and that they are 16/17 playing at this level for the first time (aside from 3 I think) I'd cut them a bit of slack

JesusRef wrote: »
    U17 is of a very poor standard since they changed the age grades

Why is Fly Fitzgeralds son playing with Ballygunnar?

Patrick's mother is one of the Sullivan's so poor Fly must have known he was going to be contributing to the opposition

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭JesusRef

Patrick's mother is one of the Sullivan's so poor Fly must have known he was going to be contributing to the opposition

Could be worse.... She could have been from Kilkenny

The O'Sullivan clan will have 15 seniors for Ballygunnar soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Waternut

carter10 wrote: »
    Tipperary looked fitter and a better prepared team and that’s the most disappointing aspect of today’s game.

Waternut wrote: »
    Tipperary looked fitter and a better prepared team and that’s the most disappointing aspect of today’s game.

I think that's fair. It does help that all 15 of them were up to the age, I think 10 of our lads were. However your point is still an accurate reflection. I thought in particular in the last ten minutes our striking into our inside forward line deteriorated as tiredness set in and we didnt seem to have subs ready to come on until it was too late

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

I would like to wish my neighbours Waterford
    The best of luck tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

• Registered Users Posts: 38,280 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

You would miss Up for the match as bad as it is

Sleep will be hard tonight, come on the deise

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Frankie Machine

Very best of luck tomorrow to the Déise, really hoping ye get it done and I think ye can do it.

And good luck to all the players on both sides.

About time it came

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭waterfordgirl

PTH2009 wrote: »
    About time it came

Thank God - one less thing for you to be worrying about in the lead up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭decies

About time it came

Where is that ordered from ?

decies wrote: »
    Where is that ordered from ?

Ganzee.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

About time it came

Praise the lord!

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

You would miss Up for the match as bad as it is

Sleep will be hard tonight, come on the deise

Yeah they should have put on some sort of a build up show. It's actually a disgrace out of RTE. If they can put on the late late they could have easily had a few guests for a bit of chat and banter. You don't need a screaming audience and after the year we've had, we could have done with Up for the Match more than ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭decies

Ganzee.ie

Must be all gone . Can’t see naught

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

About time it came

I'm going to take that as a good omen for tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

decies wrote: »
    Must be all gone . Can’t see naught

They were on sale last week for charity. Limited amount on sale, 250 for each county. Sold out within 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭seananigans

4Vb2Y8S.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

Yeah they should have put on some sort of a build up show. It's actually a disgrace out of RTE. If they can put on the late late they could have easily had a few guests for a bit of chat and banter. You don't need a screaming audience and after the year we've had, we could have done with Up for the Match more than ever.

Honestly it’s about time they scrapped that cringeworthy nonsense. I find RTE fairly unwatchable these days it’s gone so PC and I include the Sunday game at that. Any institution that places Marty Morrissey as the face and voice of the National game needs to have a serious look at itself. There’s enough insightful build up shows all week on various media channels all week to keep me interested.

Advertisement