Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Honestly it’s about time they scrapped that cringeworthy nonsense. I find RTE fairly unwatchable these days it’s gone so PC and I include the Sunday game at that. Any institution that places Marty Morrissey as the face and voice of the National game needs to have a serious look at itself. There’s enough insightful build up shows all week on various media channels all week to keep me interested.
    exactly add Des Cahill to that list, gave Pat Gilroy a look last Sunday every husband would love to get from their wife.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

PTH2009 wrote: »
    About time it came

Did you borrow the duvet covers of your grandmother?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭DeHorse88

Patrick's mother is one of the Sullivan's so poor Fly must have known he was going to be contributing to the opposition

What club is Fly Fitzgerald himself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭seananigans

am i right in saying that this is the first year in about 25 that we have no o'sullivan on the team ?

we had lay lay barry , then billy and shane o'sullivan then phillip and pauric mahony, maybe theres a few gaps in the years but between pauric being injured and mikey mahony not being of age we finally hit a gap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Best of luck today from Leitrim.....am a rarity as a former Leitrim hurler!.....was at yere last final v Kilkenny.....will be a much better game today I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

Best of luck today from Cork I hope ye end the famine.

I commented here last year about how sad it was to see a legend like Ken McGrath being so downbeat (justifiably) on RTE about where Waterford hurling was at. The turnaround since then has been amazing and certainly one that I didn't predict.

Win or lose today, Waterford are back and will be there abouts for the next few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

best of luck, hope ye stop Ciaran Careys predicted drive for 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭skaface

Best of luck to the lads today
    Please God, this will be the day we end
    the Famine and reach the promised land
    Déise Abú

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

Bring it home lads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Waternut

am i right in saying that this is the first year in about 25 that we have no o'sullivan on the team ?

we had lay lay barry , then billy and shane o'sullivan then phillip and pauric mahony, maybe theres a few gaps in the years but between pauric being injured and mikey mahony not being of age we finally hit a gap
    I never knew Barry was related to the O’Sullivans.

I know there is a few younger lads with the O’Sullivan surname playing underage for BG, so I’m sure the great tradition will continue well into the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Waternut

Best of luck to the team today. A little rub of the green, which we’re due, and we might just get over the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

The excitement for today is something else lads, roll on 3:30pm!! Really hoping we can get over the line today, cmon the Deise :D

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Dexpat

After 61 years hopefully the day has finally dawned. C'mon the Deise.

Absoultely bucketing down here in Dublin today. I know it's meant to clear up but I hope the pitch will be ok. I wouldn't complain if we won it 0-5 to 0-4 in a mud bath though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

Best of luck lads today. Play with confidence and self belief. Hope ye get there. It be great for the game of hurling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Dexpat wrote: »
    After 61 years hopefully the day has finally dawned. C'mon the Deise.

Absoultely bucketing down here in Dublin today. I know it's meant to clear up but I hope the pitch will be ok. I wouldn't complain if we won it 0-5 to 0-4 in a mud bath though!

I'd take one nil!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭spurshero

Best of luck today lads from Galway . Was beside some Waterford supporters in 2017 when we ended our own wait and they were class people . Clapped and waited while David Burke made his speech . Not an easy thing to do . I said to them that day I hope yer day comes soon . Please god it’s about to .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Best of luck to ye today lads, i know we don't see eye to eye in hurling but would love to see this group of players get their hands on the celtic cross medals, your a joy to watch on the field, all the best from a south tipp man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 banner4change

Just want to add my best wishes to the Deise men today from this Clare poster.

From you high workrate to your swashbuckling style of hurling Waterford have been a breath of fresh air led by a brilliant management team by the brilliant Liam Cahill.

It’s been a long time since the proud county have had their hands on the Liam McCarthy and If you play with the fearless and entertaining brand of hurling that has been one of the outstanding features of this year’s championship then come just after 5 today your long drought for all Ireland glory might come to an end. Hope that you play with NO sweeper and just go for leather, no holds barred and burst a gut for both team and county.

If I was to call it I believe that ye have all the tools to come out on top and like us here in Clare in 1995 the whole county will stand still and hopefully you will wave your white and blue flags high in the sky when Fergal Horgan blows his full time whistle.

Best wishes to all posters from Limerick and Waterford but it’s the Deise that I will be shouting for. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Hopefully they'll do it today and good luck to them, strange watching a hurling final with the Xmas tree up!

For those who're curious, it lashed rain all night and this morning until 11 in Dublin (well I'm 6 miles from Croker) but finally getting brighter. Expect a lot of slipping on the pitch which looked worn in patches last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Hope it's great Christmas for ye

• Registered Users Posts: 38,280 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Day is here, Come on lads bring the cup back to Waterford

Up The Desie

Shopping done , Childer washed, very little else to occupy self with now, nerves starting to jangle, preparing for the worst, hoping for the best as always. Hopefully this will be it. Cmon the Déise.

Best of luck to my Deise neighbours....from a KK cat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Let's hope this famine will end. UP THE DEISE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Have a good feeling about today, Up the Déise

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

They're there. Aaagh.
    Nerves are shot.
    Here's to a great game.
    See ye all on the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭deckie66

This panel is made up of winners

So many were part of the 2013 Minor and 2016 U21 All Irelands

Time to complete the collection today

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭NaDeise92

Todays the day. Let's do it lads!
    Believe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Nervous now ... massive game ahead and here's hoping our lads can do it !

Advertisement