Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭puzl

75 minutes of madness awaits...my nerves are shot already.

Cmon the deise! Our boys can do it.

• I hope ye do it boys and girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Call me crazy but I think we'll do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,280 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Come on lads

Jesus the nerves

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

Enjoy the moment everyone. Let’s seize the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭blueflame

No retreat - no surrender - com’on the Deise

Still very much in this, feel sorry for TDB and hopefully it will fire up the lads for the 2nd half. We need a good start to the 2nd half

Come on the deise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

No complaints. Limerick way better team.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭NaDeise92

Limerick were a different class today. We didn't get going at all, a few of those good goal chances put away and who knows what would of happened.
    Great effort from the lads getting here today after those rough few years - today just wasn't our day.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭blueflame

Congratulations to Limerick - better side - we needed more luck around the goal but there it goes - still not impressed with Horgan’s refereeing

• Advertisement

Balls, No complaints Limerick the better team, things didn't go our way

All we can do is learn and try our best next season. Overall we had a fantastic championship and showed glimpses we can compete against the very best.

Let's hope Cahill will have the team fighting again. He has a year left on his contract

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭3ships

Hopefully Cahill stays anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭spideyman92

Limerick half back line were dominant. Our lads couldn't really get going unfortunately. First half I didn't think Horgan was giving us much but Limerick went up a gear or 2 in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I for one am very proud of the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

Better luck next year lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

Well done Limerick. Well deserved. Good year for Waterford but today they never really layed a glove on Limerick. Hopefully we can improve further next year but first need to find some corner backs first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Another disappointing final, were overrun really..thought Horgan let a lot go with Limericks odd physical approach but I wont make excuses the better team won, congratulations to Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭One_More_Mile

Hard luck lads from a delighted Limerick supporter. We are just that bit further down the road. They went til the end and can hold their heads up high.
    Hope to see ye back there next year in front of a full house

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭shamrockvilla

Limerick half back line were dominant. Our lads couldn't really get going unfortunately. First half I didn't think Horgan was giving us much but Limerick went up a gear or 2 in the second half.

Thought Horgan was the same for both sides. Waterford scored 11 points in the first half , I think only 2 were from play, 8 frees and a sideline cut. Waterford had no answer for the power and pace of Limerick ( like other teams this year) Strength and conditioning is now as important as stick work.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

Tome to find some 6’5 lads and put them on the protein shakes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

carq wrote: »

If we get back to another final in the next few years and it's Limerick then I don't think we can get to their level to be honest, the team maxed themselves out today but came up well short.

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    Better luck next year lads.

These chances don't come around often. The wait for an All Ireland goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

carq wrote: »

Agreed. Waterford looked like a team out playing a féile final in terms of physical stature. We were bullied by a massive galway team in 2017 and the same today. Hurling has moved on and getting physical imposing 6'5" players is where it's at.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭spideyman92

Thought Horgan was the same for both sides. Waterford scored 11 points in the first half , I think only 2 were from play, 8 frees and a sideline cut. Waterford had no answer for the power and pace of Limerick ( like other teams this year) Strength and conditioning is now as important as stick work.

Yea not making excuses. Limerick were just better.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭TGV

If we get back to another final in the next few years and it's Limerick then I don't think we can get to their level to be honest, the team maxed themselves out today but came up well short.

I disagree De Burca going off was a massive loss. With a full panel next year we will be there or there abouts. Well done to Limerick,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

How did two hits to the privates get left off?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭deckie66

TGV wrote: »
    I disagree De Burca going off was a massive loss. With a full panel next year we will be there or there abouts. Well done to Limerick,

Agreed even though Daly did very good when he came on

TGV wrote: »

To be honest Waterford played good enough but the difference in class between the two teams was very evident. Result was never in doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭waterfordgirl

Limerick the better team and deserved their win.

After Socky pulled off two great saves, Horgan blew a free for Limerick, can anyone tell me what happened there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

Chop down, I think Lyons but open to correction!

Advertisement