Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭JD60

Gardner wrote: »
    From what i'm hearing, Gleeson twisted ankle and due to be ok for Sunday week. Prunty and Fives both quads and ruled out of game and serious doubt if we beat Clare to face Tipp.

From what you’re hearing ?

A twisted ankle, with rest, might well be ok in two weeks if strapped up but playing against the pain barrier is likely to aggravate the injury. I don’t think Cahill will risk someone less than 100%, especially when required later in the championship.

Prunty is younger and perhaps more likely to recover quickly but until we know more about the extent of the “quad injuries”, maybe keep your hearsay to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Giveitfong

Imagine that, prior to the start of last Sunday’s game against Tipperary, you were given the following information. Tipperary, fielding a full strength team and playing for at least a share of the league title, would have 2-13 on the scoreboard when they struck their first wide in the 37th minute. Waterford, following a first quarter full of fumbles, misplaced passes and a couple of bad wides, would be six points down after 23 minutes. Shane Fives and Austin Gleeson would go off injured in the first half, followed by Conor Prunty at half time. Dessie Hutchinson would be withdrawn early in the second half, during which Waterford would bring on four players on the fringe of the playing panel. One of these would be making his debut for the senior team, while another would have played just a few minutes previously in a championship game last November.

Given this information, what are the chances that you would have predicted a five-point victory for Waterford, a margin that should have been much bigger?

In the circumstances, this was a marvellous performance by Waterford. They recovered brilliantly from a poor start in which they were a bit at sixes and sevens, whereas Tipperary started very confidently, playing with great sharpness. However, Waterford worked their way back into the game, and by the closing stages of the first half had established territorial superiority. The main reasons they were still behind at half time was the accuracy of Tipperary’s shooting, wind assistance which saw them landing five points from their half of the field, and the concession by Waterford of two rather soft goals.

In the second half, Waterford dominated the game, raising their possession total from 72 in the first half to 91 after the change of ends. The key factor here was their almost total control of the midfield area, in stark contrast with the Galway game the week before. This was due partly to playing three players in midfield, but mainly to the superb performances of Darragh Lyons and Peter Hogan in this sector. They were given the tasks of foraging for possession around the field and running at their opponents, with Kevin Moran adopting a holding position in front of the Waterford defence (a job which he did quite well).

Darragh Lyons was Waterford’s star performer, turning in his best display in a Waterford jersey, as he gobbled up possession all over the place and generally using it to good effect. And he was going as strong at the end as at the beginning of the game, with his 22 possessions equally divided between the two halves. Not far behind him was Peter Hogan, also giving a career-best performance, with 18 possessions (ten in the second half).

It is interesting to note that Lyons played at corner back in the Under 21 team that won the All-Ireland in 2016. Hogan was a bit player in that campaign, the kind of handy corner forward who was brought on late in games. Fair dues to Liam Cahill and Mikey Bevans for seeing their potential as midfield operators (although it has to be acknowledged that Tipperary are weak in this sector – there was no Cathal Mannion to be faced up to on this occasion).

Using three midfielders meant that Waterford had just two players in the inside line. However, this worked perfectly, as their midfield dominance gave them the platform to send a stream of excellent balls into the two corners, from where Dessie Hutchinson and Shane Bennett terrorised the Tipperary full-back line. Hutchinson is now showing the quality he had previously demonstrated in the Ballygunner jersey – not only his scoring ability (2-2 from play here) but the vision he displayed with the pass across goal in the 39th minute which Michael Kiely unluckily hit against the post.

I had my doubts about Shane Bennett’s ability to perform in the corner forward position, but not any longer on this performance. He was really excellent here, scoring two points, earning two pointed frees, having three goal shots stopped on the line and sending a great ball across the face of the goal which the inrushing Jack Prendergast just missed.

Apart from getting seven more scores than Tipperary, Waterford also had twice as many wide shots (10-5), had seven blocked shots (including shots for points) to Tipperary’s three, and also hit the post. Even this does not do justice to the number of scoring chances they created, as Waterford could easily have scored six goals here. Consider the following list:

In the 21st minute Dessie Hutchinson was, I thought, harshly penalised for overcarrying when clean through on goal. A minute later Shane Bennett had a good shot for goal deflected out by the Tipperary keeper for a 65. In the 39th minute Michael Kiely hit the post with no one on the goal line. In the 41st minute Stephen Bennett went for goal when there was a point for the taking, and when the ball was deflected to Shane Bennett his poorly struck shot got past the keeper but was stopped on the line by a Tipp defender.

In the 48th minute we had the Shane Bennett ball across the goal which Jack Prendergast just missed. In the 53rd minute Stephen Bennett tried a repeat of the Paul Flynn/John Mullane act from the 2003 Munster Final when, instead of tapping a close-in free over the bar, instead he passed it across the goal to his other brother Kieran. With just two players on the goal line, it wasn’t a bad idea, but unfortunately the pass fell short and by the time Kieran got it in hand, he was smothered by the defence.

In the 64th minute Michael Kiely scored a good point coming in from the left, but if he had looked up he might have spotted Jack Prendergast completely unmarked in front of goal. A minute later Shane Bennett made a brilliant run through the Tipp defence only to have his bat shot from the edge of the square stopped by the goalkeeper. That amounts to nine goal chances on top of the two brilliantly converted by Dessie Hutchinson.

Apart from those already mentioned, I thought Austin Gleeson was having a really good game at right half-back (a position with which he would have had little familiarity with previously) before he got injured. His replacement, Kieran Bennett, also performed well. I thought that Iarlaith Daly also did very well, performing the kind of role which Declan Hannon does with Limerick i.e. mopping up breaking ball, acting as an outlet for other defenders and then moving the ball on effectively. He had Waterford’s third highest possession count with 14.

Stephen Bennett had a quiet first half (just two possessions) but was much more prominent (eight possessions) after half-time. In addition, his free-taking was superb. And fair dues to Darragh Lynch, Michael Kiely, Billy Power and Ciaran Kirwan, all of whom did their bit when sent into the fray in the second half. With the likes of Jamie Barron, Shane McNulty, Patrick Curran, Neil Montgomery and Mikey Kearney not used on the day, it does appear that we have a panel of real depth at our disposal.

Waterford possession counts: Billy Nolan (0); Shane Fives (4), Conor Prunty (5), Ian Kenny (4); Austin Gleeson (8), Iarlaith Daly (14), Calum Lyons (10); Darragh Lyons (22), Kevin Moran (9); Peter Hogan (18), Jack Fagan (5), Stephen Bennett (10); Dessie Hutchinson (10); Shane Bennett (10), Jack Prendergast (7); Conor Gleeson (3), Kieran Bennett (8), Darragh Lynch (3), Michael Kiely (5), Billy Power (5), Ciarán Kirwan (3).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

Prunty would be a huge loss against Shanagher.

This is the big concern for Cahill. He did untold damage against us last year and looks to be in good form in the league this year too.

I’d pray that one of either Prunty or Fives makes it, otherwise we’re without a recognised fullback and could be in trouble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭JD60

Giveitfong wrote: »
    Given this information, what are the chances that you would have predicted a five-point victory for Waterford, a margin that should have been much bigger?

It was unlikely to predict a 5 point victory but not impossible ! It was clear early on that Waterford were going for goals at every opportunity and as you point out, they created several goal chances.

Also agree with your comment on strength of depth in the panel (Cahill is not afraid to let the players loose) and on Darragh Lyons & Peter Hogan. Was the latter merely a bit player in 2016 .... I think he has consistently showed up well for Ballygunner and under Cahill/Bevans coaching, maybe he will become a constant in the county team.

As an aside, how did Callum Lyons become such a sensational hurler .... down to Cahill/Bevans encouragement/guidance and letting him express himself ?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭carter10

JD60 wrote: »

It was unlikely to predict a 5 point victory but not impossible ! It was clear early on that Waterford were going for goals at every opportunity and as you point out, they created several goal chances.

Also agree with your comment on strength of depth in the panel (Cahill is not afraid to let the players loose) and on Darragh Lyons & Peter Hogan. Was the latter merely a bit player in 2016 .... I think he has consistently showed up well for Ballygunner and under Cahill/Bevans coaching, maybe he will become a constant in the county team.

As an aside, how did Callum Lyons become such a sensational hurler .... down to Cahill/Bevans encouragement/guidance and letting him express himself ?

Lyons was playing before Cahill/Bevans became involved and playing well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Callum Lyons development has been incredible and I get the feeling the lad can get better. he is absolutely top class in my view, free scoring from wing back. Lyons, tadhg, iarlath Daly, that is some half back line for us sooner rather than later hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭carter10

Without injuries!

B Nolan

S Fives
    C Prunty
    S McNulty

I Daly
    T De B
    C Lyons

D Lyons
    J Barron

A Gleeson
    P Mahony
    K Bennett

D Hutchinson
    S Bennett
    S Bennett

• Jack Prendergast
    • Jack Fagan
    • Peter Hogan
    • Conor Gleeson
    • Kevin Moran
    • Michael Kiely
    • Patrick Curran
    • Neil Montgomery
    • Billy Power
    • Mikey Kearney
    • Seamus Keating
    • Ian Kenny

Most players take some time to adjust to the demands of intercounty hurling, but Calum Lyons came fully-formed into the Waterford senior hurling team in 2019. His first game was as a substitute in the league game against Carlow in February, and from then on he was a regular starter. This was remarkable, as my memory of him as an underage player was that he was a good hurler but perhaps a bit light for senior intercounty fare.

For those concerned about our fullback options for the game against Clare, given the injuries to Conor Prunty and Shane Fives, it is worth noting that Lyons played at fullback in Waterford's three knockout games in the National League that year. The quarter final was against Clare, which Waterford won easily. As regards Lyons's performance in that game, I wrote the following in my match report:

"It was a bit of a gamble on Pádraig Fanning’s part to assign Callum Lyons to mark Clare’s dangerous full forward Aron Shanagher. I don’t know if Lyons ever played in the full back line before. Shanagher did get the better of him in a couple of duels in the first half, but in the second half Lyons acted as an able assistant to the outstanding Noel Connors in snuffing out the Clare inside line."

Incidentally, Colm Roche played at right half back in that game, and the following were my remarks on his performance:

"Very prominent here was Colm Roche. Again, his placing at right half back was unusual, as he has played all his hurling for Waterford, and UCC, in the forwards as far as I am aware. Making his first appearance of the year, and with very little previous senior experience, he slotted in as though he had been there all along, and gave an excellent account of himself."

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭blueflame

Does anyone know the position with Colm Roche as my views on his as an underage player are as follows :

He was very versatile, equally comfortable playing at Midfield, Centre Forward or Centre Back - I remember watching a minor challenge game against Dublin in Walsh Park and at half time he replaced Aussie at centre back - both were wearing blue helmets on the day and it took us 20 minutes to realise Aussie had gone off and only then because he walked down the side-line. I know also that the management team the following year (he being a year younger than Aussie) were strongly considering him for the full back position.

At U21 he was a trojan worker but skilful hurler at Midfield and well capable of scoring from play. Any time he played with the seniors he always acquitted himself adequately especially considering his young age and lack of opportunity remembering one particular game against Galway in Walsh Park when he played really well,

I believe he may have had a cruciate injury but am not sure, but he was certainly one I had tipped to make a big impact at senior, so just wondering if it has been injury that has cost him his opportunity or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheScoringGoal

Most players take some time to adjust to the demands of intercounty hurling, but Calum Lyons came fully-formed into the Waterford senior hurling team in 2019. His first game was as a substitute in the league game against Carlow in February, and from then on he was a regular starter. "

He became a regular starter but Pauric Fanning made a massive mistake not playing him against Clare in 2019. Not everything in that disastrous campaign was the fault of the management though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

Most players take some time to adjust to the demands of intercounty hurling, but Calum Lyons came fully-formed into the Waterford senior hurling team in 2019. His first game was as a substitute in the league game against Carlow in February, and from then on he was a regular starter. This was remarkable, as my memory of him as an underage player was that he was a good hurler but perhaps a bit light for senior intercounty fare.

For those concerned about our fullback options for the game against Clare, given the injuries to Conor Prunty and Shane Fives, it is worth noting that Lyons played at fullback in Waterford's three knockout games in the National League that year. The quarter final was against Clare, which Waterford won easily. As regards Lyons's performance in that game, I wrote the following in my match report:

"It was a bit of a gamble on Pádraig Fanning’s part to assign Callum Lyons to mark Clare’s dangerous full forward Aron Shanagher. I don’t know if Lyons ever played in the full back line before. Shanagher did get the better of him in a couple of duels in the first half, but in the second half Lyons acted as an able assistant to the outstanding Noel Connors in snuffing out the Clare inside line."

Incidentally, Colm Roche played at right half back in that game, and the following were my remarks on his performance:

"Very prominent here was Colm Roche. Again, his placing at right half back was unusual, as he has played all his hurling for Waterford, and UCC, in the forwards as far as I am aware. Making his first appearance of the year, and with very little previous senior experience, he slotted in as though he had been there all along, and gave an excellent account of himself."

By any chance would you be able to share what channel/web site that you viewed the match, is there a link you could post? RTE highlights programme on Sunday night showed about 1min 30 secs of it…?

As per usual excellent analysis….:)

Thanks.

The game is available to watch on gaago.ie. Click on the Catch Up tab. I think it costs €5 to watch.

I bought the entire package for the summer for just €25 - a great deal. Games that are shown on TV, including eir sport and Sky, are not available. GAAGo was set up by the GAA to allow people living abroad to watch games that were being broadcast in Ireland. It was only made available to Irish residents because of the ban on live attendances, with coverage extended to most intercounty games. I presume the facility will be withdrawn once crowds are allowed back into the games in significant numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

He became a regular starter but Pauric Fanning made a massive mistake not playing him against Clare in 2019. Not everything in that disastrous campaign was the fault of the management though.

Fanning gave him his break to be fair, he would have known him well through WIT. he was overlooked by Derek McGrath, heard McGrath saying he’s been really surprised by his development as he didn’t come into his reckoning at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheScoringGoal

Fanning gave him his break to be fair, he would have known him well through WIT. he was overlooked by Derek McGrath, heard McGrath saying he’s been really surprised by his development as he didn’t come into his reckoning at all.

Not entirely true. He played munster league under McGrath in 2017 I think although it may have been 2018. McGrath said on the examiner podcast he considered bringing him in and now feels maybe he should have.

What seems even crazier is the 2018 under 21 selectors didn't start him against Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭tommylad1212

Not entirely true. He played munster league under McGrath in 2017 I think although it may have been 2018. McGrath said on the examiner podcast he considered bringing him in and now feels maybe he should have.

What seems even crazier is the 2018 under 21 selectors didn't start him against Cork.

McGrath had him on a training programme to bulk him up for a year,and brought him in training

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Ian OB

"It’s so hard to back up last year’s super championship with what is still quite a limited panel to begin with." Jackie Tyrell on Waterford in todays Irish Times

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/jackie-tyrrell-formidable-galway-the-main-threat-to-limerick-s-crown-1.4596302

Not in agreement with him myself

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭spaceCreated

Ian OB wrote: »
    "It’s so hard to back up last year’s super championship with what is still quite a limited panel to begin with." Jackie Tyrell on Waterford in todays Irish Times

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/jackie-tyrrell-formidable-galway-the-main-threat-to-limerick-s-crown-1.4596302

Like all Kilkenny Gaa at the moment, living in the past. Hes clearly expecting a big win for Clare. Being in 2 All Ireland finals within the space of 4 years with more competition for places year on year would suggest the opposite of a limited panel.

Edit: I've rarely heard an All Ireland finalist form the year before being rated so low... especially against a team we beat on the way there last year. I dont think he has actually written off anyone else... horrible journalism if it isnt completely biased

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Like all Kilkenny Gaa at the moment, living in the past. Hes clearly expecting a big win for Clare. Being in 2 All Ireland finals within the space of 4 years with more competition for places year on year would suggest the opposite of a limited panel.

Edit: I've rarely heard an All Ireland finalist form the year before being rated so low... especially against a team we beat on the way there last year. I dont think he has actually written off anyone else... horrible journalism if it isnt completely biased

He said no such thing, what he said was he wouldnt be surprised if Clare 'ambushed Waterford' that in itself suggests he recognises that Waterford are rightly favourites and I am fairly certain it is a sentiment that most would share - Waterford favourites but a Clare win wouldn't be the biggest shock in the world.

Can't believe I am defending Jackie fcukin Tyrell :D:D

New National Hurling League structure

Division 1 of the National Hurling League is to be restructured in 2022. This is a welcome development, as the current division of counties between Division 1A and Division 1B is lobsided, with four Munster counties in 1A and five Leinster counties in 1B. Division 1A is also clearly stronger than 1B.
    Under the proposed new structure, based on the final league tables published on the GAA website, Waterford and Tipperary will be moved to Division 1B, where they will be joined by Kilkenny, Dublin, Antrim and the winner of the Westmeath/Laois relegation playoff.

Division 1A will consist of Galway, Limerick, Cork, Wexford, Clare and Offaly.
    You would have to say that Division 1A will continue to be the stronger of the two, but whether this will be good or bad for Waterford is hard to say. It will be a breath of fresh air playing mainly teams from outside Munster, and games against Kilkenny have always generated a bit of extra excitement. Some people may relish the prospect of a trip to Belfast, although I suspect this may not be the case for most Waterford fans.

Pogue eile wrote: »
    He said no such thing, what he said was he wouldnt be surprised if Clare 'ambushed Waterford' that in itself suggests he recognises that Waterford are rightly favourites and I am fairly certain it is a sentiment that most would share - Waterford favourites but a Clare win wouldn't be the biggest shock in the world.

Can't believe I am defending Jackie fcukin Tyrell :D:D

He spends most of the section on Waterford putting the team down, saying theyre limited and Liam Cahill is getting everything he can out of them and suggesting last year was a once off. This given the context of looking at nearly every other teams strengths. No mentioned of players stepping up but we have a limited panel?

Ive only every heard someone expecting a team to be ambushed as in the team doing the ambushing would have a big win. Like every positive he mentions is put in the context of a silver lining, nothing more. No win in hurling would be the biggest shock in the world, its all very even now, why isnt he talking about any other team being "ambushed".

He talks about our league defeats but doesnt mention once how the team was chopped and changed to try out different things and different players for most of the campaign. I think I'd be mroe surprised if we werent better than we were last year.\

Edit: its not an analysis it is a list of reasons why Jackie Tyrrell thinks Waterford will lose or not go far

• Advertisement

He spends most of the section on Waterford putting the team down, saying theyre limited and Liam Cahill is getting everything he can out of them and suggesting last year was a once off. This given the context of looking at nearly every other teams strengths. No mentioned of players stepping up but we have a limited panel?

Ive only every heard someone expecting a team to be ambushed as in the team doing the ambushing would have a big win. Like every positive he mentions is put in the context of a silver lining, nothing more. No win in hurling would be the biggest shock in the world, its all very even now, why isnt he talking about any other team being "ambushed".

He talks about our league defeats but doesnt mention once how the team was chopped and changed to try out different things and different players for most of the campaign. I think I'd be mroe surprised if we werent better than we were last year.\

Edit: its not an analysis it is a list of reasons why Jackie Tyrrell thinks Waterford will lose or not go far

Why on earth are you getting so worked up over an opinion piece by Jackie Tyrell of all people, it sounds very much like you are looking to be offended.

What Jackie thinks doesn't matter a hell in the bigger scheme of things, well in any scheme of things.

Liam Cahill would be only thrilled if all pundits and journalists felt the same, perfect scenario. No idea why you would get so worked up over something so minor. Did you expect him to go through it county by county and say they were all great and would all win the AI?

Why on earth are you getting so worked up over an opinion piece by Jackie Tyrell of all people, it sounds very much like you are looking to be offended.

What Jackie thinks doesn't matter a hell in the bigger scheme of things, well in any scheme of things.

Liam Cahill would be only thrilled if all pundits and journalists felt the same, perfect scenario. No idea why you would get so worked up over something so minor. Did you expect him to go through it county by county and say they were all great and would all win the AI?

It annoyed me a little bit? You're the one who hopped on within a few minutes to defend Jackie Tyrrels honour :rolleyes:

Edit: and he did go through every county and said why they would do great... except for the one with the limited squad and would be ambushed

It annoyed me a little bit? You're the one who hopped on within a few minutes to defend Jackie Tyrrels honour :rolleyes:

Edit: and he did go through every county and said why they would do great... except for the one with the limited squad and would be ambushed

I wasn't defending Jackie Tyrell and as a Tipp man I resent that insinuation :D

I don't agree with Jackie, I think Waterford are on the improve and will be a big player this year, but that's ok, see its ok to have an opinion, and funnily enough that is what he was paid to give 'his opinion'

I don't agree with what he said about Tipp either, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest what Jackie Tyrell thinks about Tipp and he is fully entitled to his opinion, but at the end of the day that's all it is.

I wasn't defending Jackie Tyrell and as a Tipp man I resent that insinuation :D

I don't agree with Jackie, I think Waterford are on the improve and will be a big player this year, but that's ok, see its ok to have an opinion, and funnily enough that is what he was paid to give 'his opinion'

I don't agree with what he said about Tipp either, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest what Jackie Tyrell thinks about Tipp and he is fully entitled to his opinion, but at the end of the day that's all it is.

Its just a dull barrage of constant criticism from the former kilkenny hurling team, its annoying, I think the problem is that it may affect the refs as well sometimes when they think one team plays "better hurling" etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Wtf is your problem? I cant be critical of a jackie tyrrell saying that the Waterford team is limited in the Waterford Gaa thread? I think theres someone talking through their hole and its not me

I read the article this morning. I thought he was wrong. I got on with my day. I certainly didn't let it eat me up inside and get apoplectic that some Kilkenny guy said something uncomplimentary about some other guys who play hurling. And I definitely didn't let his opinion give me a dose of the vapours over other Kilkenny people slighting our honour (or whatever).

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Punt Road

Ian OB wrote: »

Overall the level of analysis here is not exactly...lets says, inciteful. Stick to one or two teams and give them a proper analysis. I'm not an English teacher but I know that trying to cram a book into a small article doesn't really work. And if thats what the Times have asked Jackie to do, then shame on them. They should be asking Jackie to use his world of experience to give me an insight of how, lets say, he'd approach marking Dessie Hutchinson versus how he'd mark Shanagher. That I might read and it would give Jackie a fair crack at the whip with an article.

I read as far as Clare and stopped.

I rewrote the actual take away messages from each sentence in the Clare segment below.

- Tony Kelly is very good at playing hurling.
    - Conor Cleary played some matches at full back in the league
    - John Conlon played some matches at centre back in the league. He’s played full forward before and may play full forward again at some stage.
    - David Reidy is ok at playing hurling.
    - David McInerney played in the league.
    - Rory Hayes may have to mark someone good come championship.
    - Aaran Shanagher is tall. He is so tall that he is taller than some other players in the full forward line for Clare.
    - Clare are fit.
    - Waterford and Clare might be a good game.
    - Clare don’t have a huge amount of really great subs.
    - Brian Lohan is the Clare manager

Muck.

I read the article this morning. I thought he was wrong. I got on with my day. I certainly didn't let it eat me up inside and get apoplectic that some Kilkenny guy said something uncomplimentary about some other guys who play hurling. And I definitely didn't let his opinion give me a dose of the vapours over other Kilkenny people slighting our honour (or whatever).

So, if you're so easily upset over all these horrible people from across the river, I suggested that you lie down for a while. I stand over the suggestion.

And, to be extra clear, your idea that ex Kilkenny hurlers writing about Waterford affects referees is the very definition of talking through your hole.

It annoyed me a small amount that he cast Waterford as a limited team and I thought it ridiculous, so thought Id express my opinion in the Waterford Gaa thread.

No what you did is come on and have a go at me for not liking his opinion and thinking it was ill informed. Youre literally complaining that Im complaining, but Im the one riled up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,289 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Any news on the injuries ?

Footballers in action next Saturday away to Limerick in the Munster QF. Do or die

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

heard Prunty out for 6 weeks. the lack of any confirmation on the injuries is odd and fuels the local speculation. really hoping the 6 weeks is wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,289 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Camoige team beaten by Dublin 1-11-1-10 in the Division 1 National League Relegation playoff

Advertisement