Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

Podge1972 wrote: »
    On this weeks Podcast

We discuss the ongoing Browne/Ryan saga.

We speak to Clare's Colin Ryan ahead of Clare v Waterford

And we have a stab at picking Tipperarys starting 15 v the winners of that game.

Click on the website and hit whatever format you want to listen in on.

https://thepremierviewpodcast.com
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Mullane said on the throw in podcast that he'd go with Kevin Moran at full back if Prunty is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

Conal Keaney on the GAA hour podcast is backing Waterford for Munster and the All Ireland. Just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭JD. 60

Jackie Tyrrell sweet on Clare's chances in the Irish Times (I can't attach the article as I'm technically a new poster). He says that Clare have the momentum ; did he not see Waterford the last day out. I'm just surprised that Donal Og didn't also tip Clare (on RTE).

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheScoringGoal

JD. 60 wrote: »
    Jackie Tyrrell sweet on Clare's chances in the Irish Times (I can't attach the article as I'm technically a new poster). He says that Clare have the momentum ; did he not see Waterford the last day out. I'm just surprised that Donal Og didn't also tip Clare (on RTE).

The logic there would be Kilkenny = Great. Clare beat Kilkenny. Therefore Clare must be great.

A few of that Kilkenny vintage are impossible to listen to, Herrity, Larkin and Fogarty in particular. However Paul Murphy and JJ Delaney can be very informative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭spaceCreated

The logic there would be Kilkenny = Great. Clare beat Kilkenny. Therefore Clare must be great.

A few of that Kilkenny vintage are impossible to listen to, Herrity, Larkin and Fogarty in particular. However Paul Murphy and JJ Delaney can be very informative.

Kill Bill and some lad form Tipp will be on soon to tell you you're talking out your behind.

The present kk team is extremly average at best,and i wouldnt put em in the top 6

Galway/limk on a par for one and two

Waterford probably 3rd at the moment

Cork 4th

Tipp/clare between em for 5th to 6th

Now any of em would beat each other on an a given day,but that would be how id place em (maybe put wexford on a par with cork).....

But that kk team is bang average,whom if ya couldnt gaurantee beating em,you have no business dreaming of winning all irelands

An average Kilkenny team can sometimes go a long way ; they will never lack confidence and self belief.

At the moment (I think) Galway are in poll position, with Limerick a close second. The rest are roughly at the same level, apart from Wexford, whom I don't fancy at all this year (unless Davy has been playing 'smoke and mirrors' with the league).

The weather seems set fair for Sunday ; am expecting a high scoring game. Think Waterford will win but wouldn't be over confident !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

PTH2009 wrote: »
    https://hoganstand.com/Article/Index/317875

Waterford (Munster SFC v Limerick): Paudie Hunt; Sean Boyce, John Elsted, Darach O Cathasaigh; Michael Curry, Brian Looby, Dermot Ryan; Tommy Prendergast, Jason Curry; Michael Kiely, Conor Murray, David Hallihan; Stephen Curry, Dylan Guiry, Darragh Corcoran.

Subs: Aaron Beresford, Mark Cummins, Jason Gleeson, Caomhin Maguire, Donal Fitzgerald, Dave Meehan, Aaron Jones, Shane O'Meara, Tom Looby, Tholum Guiry, Brian Lynch.

3 Currys on the team PTH.
    All brothers.?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭spaceCreated

An average Kilkenny team can sometimes go a long way ; they will never lack confidence and self belief.

At the moment (I think) Galway are in poll position, with Limerick a close second. The rest are roughly at the same level, apart from Wexford, whom I don't fancy at all this year (unless Davy has been playing 'smoke and mirrors' with the league).

The weather seems set fair for Sunday ; am expecting a high scoring game. Think Waterford will win but wouldn't be over confident !

Tough to know really with so many doubts about who is injured, fit or somewhat fit. I think if we had everyone available we would win against them and win well

• Advertisement

Agree with you on a lot of those KK pundits, there’s a lot of them getting gigs now because they were part of such success as players but dosent make them any more knowledgeable on the game in my view. Paul Murphy is absolutely excellent on the GAA hour. Really good for someone new to it. JJ I find a bit bland, seems like a sound fellah alright. Tommy Walsh on news talk I like too, a bit like Mullane on RTE, brings a bit of entertainment value.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,289 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

washman3 wrote: »
    All brothers.?

Cousins I think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,868 ✭✭✭deisedude

All brothers.?

I believe its called a 3-in-1!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Wat v.Clare
    1 B Nolan
    2 S Fives
    3 C Gleeson
    4 S McNulty
    5 C Lyons
    6 I Daly
    7 K Moran
    8 A Gleeson
    9 D Lyons
    10 P Hogan
    11 J Fagan
    12 St Bennett
    13 D Hutchinson
    14 S Bennett
    15 J Prendergast
    SUBS: S O'Brien, D Lynch, I Kenny,P Curran, B Power,K Bennett,N Montgomery,M Kearney,C Kirwan, M Kiely,J Dillon

Gardner wrote: »
    Curran out for year also

He’s named in the subs. Any more fake news.

Who exactly is going to mark Shanagher. Too much of a height difference for Conor Gleeson.

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    Wat v.Clare
    1 B Nolan
    2 S Fives
    3 C Gleeson
    4 S McNulty
    5 C Lyons
    6 I Daly
    7 K Moran
    8 A Gleeson
    9 D Lyons
    10 P Hogan
    11 J Fagan
    12 St Bennett
    13 D Hutchinson
    14 S Bennett
    15 J Prendergast
    SUBS: S O'Brien, D Lynch, I Kenny,P Curran, B Power,K Bennett,N Montgomery,M Kearney,C Kirwan, M Kiely,J Dillon

Surprised Keiron Bennett isn't starting for ye, along expected lines otherwise with the injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭letowski

Who exactly is going to mark Shanagher. Too much of a height difference for Conor Gleeson.

Some of the GAA podcasts this week previewing the game were suggesting Moran could be the guy to mark Shanagher.

Maybe the aim is the job Mike Casey did on Johnny Glynn in the 2018 all ireland final, just play the man not the ball.

Overall a decent team but Prunty and Jamie Barron massive losses. I'd worry about our full back line esp with the quality Clare have in there forwards. Our subs also a little weak. Very exciting forward line from us and let's hope Stephen Bennett leads us in a big way as captain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭seananigans

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Overall a decent team but Prunty and Jamie Barron massive losses. I'd worry about our full back line esp with the quality Clare have in there forwards. Our subs also a little weak

you can only play 5 and 4 are pretty solid , we should have enough to get over the line but theres never guarantees

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Pudz2180

Clare v Waterford:

E Quilligan

R Hayes
    C Cleary
    P Flanagan

D Ryan
    J Conlon
    P Fitzpatrick

C Galvin
    T Kelly

C Malone
    D Reidy
    R Taylor

I Galvin
    A Shanagher
    A McCarthy

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Pudz2180

Missing o’keefee, prunty, de burca & Barron from last years win over Clare. Serious players to be missing.

Surprised Keiron Bennett isn't starting for ye, along expected lines otherwise with the injuries.

Exactly, surprised more people haven’t flagged it. He’d be the best to mark Tony Kelly in my view.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

It's actually a great team on paper. Obviously Prunty and Barron are blows but Darragh Lyons is a great midfielder and Conor Gleeson is more than capable of a big performance when really called on.

Curran, Kiely, Bennett and Kearney are a great variety of options to spring into the attack with 15-20 minutes to go with Monty the obvious one to swap with Fagan if he gasses out.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Venom69

All brothers.?

2 brothers and a 1st cousin I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Mulbert

That's a good team from what is available. Peter Hogan has battled for his place on the team.

He's on the team and fair play to him.

It's a surprise, I love surprises!

Venom69 wrote: »
    2 brothers and a 1st cousin I think.

Them Curry’s can be very hot to handle, run straight through you on a good day….

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Venom69

Best of luck to the footballers this afternoon in the Munster championship.

I live in hope but unfortunately limerick probably too strong for us.

• Advertisement

Footballers struggling and 1-9-0-6 down 25 mins gone

Hopefully we will get back into the game, we are showing some bit of promise

Advertisement