If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compare 2 Sony 55 inch tv's

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hey Guys,
    I'm looking for the differences between these 2 models:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204636-sony-kd55xh9505bu-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

and:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204740-sony-kd55xh9005bu-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

Are these both the 2020 models? I'm looking for a model with HDMI 2.1 so I'm future proofed for the PS5.

Thanks,

HJ
    Hey HJ.

Thanks for the post.

Both are the 2020 models.

The 2019 version where XG with the 2020 being XH.

The XH9005 has a few differences to the 9005.
    The 9505 has IMAX Enhanced brings the cinema home
    Take the next step-up in picture quality by switching to IMAX Enhanced. Used with IMAX certified 4K HDR content, IMAX Enhanced uses their proprietary digital remastering technology (DMR) to deliver ultra-vivid images. If you want to recreate the look of the movie at the cinema, IMAX Enhanced gets you closer than ever.

It also has Netflix Calibrated Mode
    If you’re a movie fan and use Netflix, you’ll love Netflix Calibrated Mode. This setting bypasses many of the TVs processors, giving you a picture that’s much closer to how the filmmaker’s originally intended.

The 9505 also adds Sony’s unique Acoustic Multi-Audio speaker system enhances the sync between what you see and what you hear. By placing two, sound positioning speakers at the back of the TV, the sound precisely tracks the image. Independent amp control ensures absolute precision of sound, making the audio more life-like than with conventional TV speaker systems.

Lastly the 9505 series has an Adjustable stand.
    If you’re placing your TV on a narrow cabinet, table or other support, you may find the stand that comes with the TV is too wide. Sony have thought of this and provided the KD-55XH9505BU with adjustable feet to get around this problem. If you’re using on a wide support or with a soundbar, the feet are set at each end of the TV. With a narrower support, simply fit the feet towards the TV’s centre for flexible positioning.

The 55XH9005 is currently out of stock and we are awaiting more to arrive from Sony. There is no confirmed ETA just yet on these.

I hope this is of help.

Any questions please let me know.

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Thanks Kenny. Sony don't do themselves any favours with their product names. I thought they were both X90 variants.
    I had read that the X95 was not getting HDMI 2.1 whereas X90 is getting it via a future firmware update.

I'll keep an eye out for when you get stock in for the X90.

Thanks,

HJ

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Thanks Kenny. Sony don't do themselves any favours with their product names. I thought they were both X90 variants.
    I had read that the X95 was not getting HDMI 2.1 whereas X90 is getting it via a future firmware update.

I'll keep an eye out for when you get stock in for the X90.

Thanks,

HJ
    No problem at all HJ.

Let me know if and when we can help in future.

Kenny.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.