Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Adverts 2020

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I only seen the full ALDI ad yesterday and damn it I actually like it. Kevin the carrot is back in the game.

The LIDL ad is so much better than last year. Remember those annoying elves last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,314 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    I only seen the full ALDI ad yesterday and damn it I actually like it. Kevin the carrot is back in the game.

The LIDL ad is so much better than last year. Remember those annoy elves last year.

Yeah last years LIDL ad was poor. Especially following thr fantastic one they had previously with the family doing up the old family home and surprising the old lad. That was such a great advert.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The LIDL ad is so much better than last year. Remember those annoying elves last year.

In Aldi's new Christmas ad, there's a different person playing Santa in different countries. Great Britain has Jim Broadbent, and as you can see here, Ireland has Colm Meaney.

Morrisons

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Yeah nothing wrong with that Morrisons Ad... deffo looks great.

Love the part at the beginning, "Now a lookback at 2020..." "Nah" switches off the radio. I think that's how we all feel about 2020.

• Advertisement

Love the part at the beginning, "Now a lookback at 2020..." "Nah" switches off the radio. I think that's how we all feel about 2020.

The very bit that made me like it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    Yeah last years LIDL ad was poor. Especially following thr fantastic one they had previously with the family doing up the old family home and surprising the old lad. That was such a great advert.

I think certain ads are the victim of previous years success. If an ad really catches the public's imagination and is very popular, it can be hard to follow that the next year.

Also, some ads are just not very good!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

DvB wrote: »
    Morrisons

The song ruins that ad for me. Nothing Christmassy about it.

Disney

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

A1 (internet provider in Germany) - feels like a sequel to the Argos 2019:little drummer grows up

• Advertisement

LIDL Germany - bringing the Chistmas Market at home

It's shorts and sweet and I prefer it to LIDL Ireland

Pass on a dream by Puffin Books

In Dad’s Shoes by Macy’s

Greenies (dog treats)

short and fun!

“Night at the Distribution Center” by DICK’S Sporting Goods (US)

Kaufland - supermarkets in Germany

love it !

After the latest batch, my favourites are Lego, Kaufland and Disney.
    I also liked: Hobby Lobby (US); Coop (Switzerland) with their Snow Monster; DFS with Wallace and Gromit; Very; Milka; Macy's; Guardian Bikes (US) and Estée Lauder.
    Special mentions:
    Catchy song to: Myer
    Cheeky/fun to: Aldi Australia, Greenies dog treats and DICK’S Sporting Goods
    Low budget cute to King's Hawford school

Sky cinema Christmas

On top of the classic truck commercials, heres Coca Cola's 2020 effort

Barbour

• Advertisement

Don't think I have seen anything so far that I think will end up with the Guinness, Coke or Budweiser classics. Early days I guess.

Paypal - a cross between: the Amazon Christmas advert and the John Lewis Autumn advert (https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114749380&postcount=12 )

Nutella are running the same ad across Europe - this is the UK and Ireland one.

Short and sweet

A visually beautiful advert from Czech Republic /Czechia for Albert supermarkets.

In the 10 years, there hasn’t been any snow at Christmas there, and ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Supervalu Christmas Ad 2020 I really like it https://www.facebook.com/SuperValuIreland/videos/689106572022808/

Might be taboo here in Ireland, but FWIW, Debenhams!

Gucci

Three

So just saw another Kevin the carrot ad. Rides a hedgehog, Santa ‘ETs’ home.

How does this fit in with the Top Gun one??

Not a massive fan so maybe it’s obvious to more dedicated followers.

• Advertisement

The SuperValu ad it went down the Covid route but I still like it. It’s cute.

https://www.facebook.com/106630886054674/posts/3668865446497849/?vh=e&d=n

Advertisement