Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Adverts 2020

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Really like them- I think a lot of people have just struggled through this year, and listening to people boasting about how they ran a marathon, took up yoga, lost 3 stone, began cello lessons, started baking, learned French etc. is pretty disheartening.

I think it's just enough to come out the other side of 2020, and it's a good message. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Tesco are on the money there. I proper lol’d at Santa I may have gone on holidays this year :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,428 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Posy wrote: »
    Really like them- I think a lot of people have just struggled through this year, and listening to people boasting about how they ran a marathon, took up yoga, lost 3 stone, began cello lessons, started baking, learned French etc. is pretty disheartening.

I think it's just enough to come out the other side of 2020, and it's a good message. :)

Very well put. I think its hugely important to recognise that the vast majority of people didn't excel during the pandemic and did incredibly well by just getting through it with their sanity intact.

Good post posy.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Okay Tesco may have won this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Jude13 wrote: »
    Okay Tesco may have won this year.

McDonalds still has the edge for me but it’s close. Could sway after a few more watchings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Has the Woodie’s one been shared? Simple. Predictable but I liked it a lot

https://youtu.be/3cAzAf6s3ic

Thanks for posting !
    After seeing the stills from the set in D8, I was very curious to seeing the ad !
    It got me misty eyed, in a good way.
    I like it !

That's lovely. I like the comments! :D
    The comments are gas !
    Never mind the three degrees of separation, it seems that everyone has someone involved in some capacity in the ad !

Thanks !

I much prefer the Irish 'warts and all' version !

A low budget and cute ad - from a small company - Blossom & Easel, based in Hampshire, UK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭BobMc

Anyone see the Paper Towel advert, think its PLENTY but cant recall, every christmas disaster known, trying to find link to it but no joy, Ton of laughs in the ad though, My favourite so far

• Advertisement

BobMc wrote: »
    Anyone see the Paper Towel advert, think its PLENTY but cant recall, every christmas disaster known, trying to find link to it but no joy, Ton of laughs in the ad though, My favourite so far

Christmas UK have posted it on their Twitter feed

https://twitter.com/Christmas_UK/status/1328077876378427393

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭BobMc

thats the one, priceless :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

I think those Tesco ads are terrible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I’m loving the Woodies ad but the Tesco one does nothing for me :)

Not loving the tesco ones either I must admit.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭TK Lemon

I just saw the Coca Cola one there on TV. :)

Has anyone seen the Guinness ad yet? It’s my favourite one and it’s usually one of the later ads to come on. That and the Cornflakes ad really make it feel Christmassy. :)

TK Lemon wrote: »
    I just saw the Coca Cola one there on TV. :)

Has anyone seen the Guinness ad yet? It’s my favourite one and it’s usually one of the later ads to come on. That and the Cornflakes ad really make it feel Christmassy. :)

Vaguely remember someone telling me its December before guinness start their Christmas advert. At least in Ireland anyway... think in the UK it shows up a little earlier.

Say it every year... its the best Christmas advert ever, will never be beaten IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Budweiser, Guinness and Cornflakes are classics but for me nothing comes close to the Sainsbury one from a few years ago about the world war 1 Christmas truce.

DvB wrote: »
    Say it every year... its the best Christmas advert ever, will never be beaten IMO.

Have to agree. Coca cola runs it close though!

New quality street advert

• Advertisement

Sainsburys second one for 2020

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

New quality street advert

Hate it, not Christmassy at all.

Sainsburys second one for 2020

It's Tuesday man... what are you trying to do to me... great ad tho.

An advert from Poland - by T-Mobile

Fast Food brands are going for animation ads.
    This is from Chick-fil-A (US)
    The Spark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Lost me at 'this season'. Is a Christmas ad a Christmas ad if the company don't say or have clear that it's Christmas? There is a good podcast episode on Cant wait for Christmas about the war on Christmas. How is it not applied to other religious celebrations.

Jude13 wrote: »
    Lost me at 'this season'. Is a Christmas ad a Christmas ad if the company don't say or have clear that it's Christmas? There is a good podcast episode on Cant wait for Christmas about the war on Christmas. How is it not applied to other religious celebrations.

It's not other religious at war at Christmas... it's retailers they want to open the holiday up for ALL religions and try to dilute the Christianity aspect of it as much as possible.

I'm all for it being open to everyone as Christianity stole it from the pagans anyway. But I hate the refusing of calling it Christmas.

You're not going to be converted if you call it Christmas....

and this is from Great Ormond Street Hospital and Charity (UK)
    Home for Christmas

Loughc wrote: »
    It's not other religious at war at Christmas... it's retailers they want to open the holiday up for ALL religions and try to dilute the Christianity aspect of it as much as possible.

I'm all for it being open to everyone as Christianity stole it from the pagans anyway. But I hate the refusing of calling it Christmas.

You're not going to be converted if you call it Christmas....

If you listen to come people you'd believe you'll burst into flame if you mention the 'C' word!! :rolleyes:

TRS30 wrote: »
    If you listen to come people you'd believe you'll burst into flame if you mention the 'C' word!! :rolleyes:

Hence stalwarts like me using the C word as much as possible :D

• Advertisement

Hence stalwarts like me using the C word as much as possible :D

Same, wouldn't be long till I break out the 'Merry Christmas' when I'm out and about :)

Advertisement