Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for a week for a bit of banter

Options
  • 14-09-2020 6:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭

In a nutshell myself and another poster were getting a bit personal with each other.
    I tried a few times to defuse the situation by saying we'll leave it there.

In a normal situation people accept that's the person's wish and accept that's it move on and leave it.
    But the other poster kept bickering and I threw it back and it got messy.

The moderator didn't warm either of us to cool down.
    She just decided it was my fault and I know why that was, it's because she took an opinion of mine personal earlier on in the thread and brought more poster's into it, as she always does.

I got banned for suggesting that myself and the other poster were acting the ninny, and can we leave it there.
    Which I think is reasonable.

The moderator banned me, and I've had history with her a lot of times and being honest I don't think she's suitable for moderation.
    Now and again she's posting innuendos which are distasteful and she's able to say whatever she likes.
    But dare I or other poster's of who she has an ongoing resentment towards cross any boundaries, she's on our case.

In the Atheism and Agnoticism forum there seems to be one rule for one side and another for the other.

I suggest you review the moderation and how it's more favourable for certain members and not for others.

It's quite evident in black and white that I wanted to cease corresponding with the poster I was having a disagreement with, but they kept going at it.
    So I felt I was snookered.

The moderator who banned me seems to treat some people like kid's and others are a law onto themselves.
    This kind of moderation is unfair and the fact she was suggesting that I always play the victim, far from it to be honest.
    It was her who decided to feel victimised, and then throw it at me, getting personal and trying to show me up in front the other members.
    You'll see from my other post's in general I get along ok on board's.

I like to call a spade a spade and be expressive without insulting anyone.
    According to the A+A rules if they don't like you expressing your opinion and sticking to your opinion, you're causing a mess and they can give you a warning.
    And if you try to defuse the situation and suggest you want to cease a conversation they'll ban you.

So you're banned if you do and banned if you don't... what kind of people make up such rules ?

Hardly any one post's there anymore due to their lack of lustre for people who are able to hold their own.

I'll admit that I have a history of bans or the Atheism and Agnoticism forum, but if you check out my history it's always the moderator who banned me who's stuck in the middle.

Regards

Nthclare

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hi nthclare, apologies that this got missed and the ban has since lapsed.

I see you have picked up another ban since, do you wish to appeal that one too or continue the appeal for the original ban?

If you do wish to appeal the latest ban or continue this appeal can you confirm whether you have tried to appeal the ban(s) via PM with the banning mod(s).

Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

Thanks Mickeroo, Its OK about the delay.

There's no point in me appealing the ban,
    because they've made it quite clear they don't like my style of posting over there and they're far too strict.

I've been at odds with a certain moderator over there and they have taken a dislike to me even before they were a moderator.
    And I find in that forum there's one rule for one poster and another for another.

You've to tow the line according to the Atheist world view and if you're an agnostic or thiest you're fairly snookered in there because it's not very tollerent to newbies or people who post in layman's terms rather they prefer someone who's able to utilise their words in a more intelligent manner.

I'm not sure if I'm dyslexic or bad at expressing my views or unable to understand the Atheism and Agnosticism forum charter.
    But I've observed that there's some people in there who can be quite personal and basically take the piss out of people, but dare you respond or defend yourself or point out that there's two of us getting personal, you'll be accused of playing moderator or not listening to the mod.
    Or I'm supposed to remember a warning I had back 10 months ago, 10 months ago???

I'm also told that I'm playing the victim by Beannishide, but when I posted that I thought that some people's ideas about death was narcissistic, but I wasn't saying said people with ideas were narcissistic, just the idea itself.
    I was accused of calling members narcissists, which wasn't the case.

I think the moderation in that forum should be reviewed, because it's very clear from non ATHIESTS that they're not comfortable there and it's only the same few in there who have free reign.
    That forum doesn't represent every Atheist, but the few that moderate it or have the freedom to express their feelings without infraction isn't a reflection on a lot of Atheists I know, although in conversation I was told that my observation of atheists was wrong and that most are similar in their world view.

I'm not great at putting in commas into sentences and that's why I might be coming across wrong I don't know.

But for the forum to be less strict and intolerant I suggest a review of the charter and the definition of what's tolerated should be in layman's terms and not over complicated.

If I was going off topic or telling the forum something personal or an antidote about my experience of spirituality, I'm hauled up...

LOL I'm basically snookered in that forum, and it's not good for me to try to discuss my position.

So maybe a review of the forum or new neutral moderators is a suggestion.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ok nthclare, apologies again that it got missed initially.

I will close this thread since you don't wish to appeal the bans but if you want to start a discussion on the moderation of A&A then a thread in Help Desk would be the appropriate place.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement