Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm too Cxy for this cross - 2020/2021 Cross thread

Options
2»

Comments

No spoilers but drama from the off there. That sand looks like hell and there is a lot more of it than I was expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

No spoilers but drama from the off there. That sand looks like hell and there is a lot more of it than I was expecting.

They'll be lucky if a wave doesnt get one of them.........

Would lie to see Brand win, but anyone but Betsema for me, I'm not into dopers.....

TheBlaaMan wrote: »

Would lie to see Brand win, but anyone but Betsema for me, I'm not into dopers.....

I'd completely forgotten about that and it was only this time last year I think ? She was also allowed serve the ban in the off season as far as I recall.

Its getting tasty now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Twice popped for steroids and only a 6 month ban that was served retrospectively in the off season... that's a great advertisement for clean sport, not!

Suggestions of a different attitude towards doping in Dutch cycloscross, and the willingness of fans to accept explanations like this. Apparently, her pharmacist was making up her supplements and there was cross contamination. As Katie Compton put it, 'who gets their pharmacist to make their supplements for them?'

• Advertisement

Fantastic race . And a just result after a real battle on the last lap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Coming 1st would be great, but coming 2nd is Worst.

Not much between the big 2 tomorrow but I think Sweeck will go well in the fight for third.
    Am curious to see how Stybar will do, he must think there's a possible podium in it.

red_ken wrote: »
    Not much between the big 2 tomorrow but I think Sweeck will go well in the fight for third.
    Am curious to see how Stybar will do, he must think there's a possible podium in it.

But Stybar hasnt had a decent result all year......he's hardly going to do so on this terrain. Lars van der Haar for 3rd..... but not sure which of the big 2 will win? MvdP if he is free of mechanical issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

red_ken wrote: »

Can't see Sweeck competing for the podium. Best he's done this season is the holeshot.

Pidcock and Vanthournaut probably best placed based on form.

• Advertisement

The men are getting wet on the beech :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭De Bhál

It's class seeing them cycling through the waves

Puncture ffs

Puncture ffs

In fairness, could've been race over without it

Yeah certainly adds to the drama and excitement. The kids a roaring come on blue at the telly here

Yeah certainly adds to the drama and excitement. The kids a roaring come on blue at the telly here

Kids here shouting for vdp and laughing at cardboard crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

But Stybar hasnt had a decent result all year......he's hardly going to do so on this terrain.

First race of the season, started last man, up to top 20 and had fun doing it - not a bad result.

Great racing all weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Who needs crowds when we have disc brakes to sound the klaxons in their stead eh? :).

What was the story with Van Aert's "Jumbo Visma" frame. A rebadged something or other? Amazing a major manufacturer isn't supplying him with a bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

2021 sponsors Cervelo don't make a CX bike, had to hide that 2020 Bianchi celeste!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Plastik wrote: »
    2021 sponsors Cervelo don't make a CX bike, had to hide that 2020 Bianchi celeste!

No way!

Wow. That's gas. I'm convinced the camera guys were in on it as well because we got loads of zoom out panning shots of the Canyon but all the side shots of Van Aert were upper body only so you couldn't see the bike. Took me ages to figure out what it said in it at all!

I thought Cervelo did have a cx bike but it's a gravel bike actually.

• Advertisement

Dates announced for the 21/22 season World Cup. No Dublin, I was hopeful they might have a race here after last years event was cancelled :(

Still 2 dates TBC

October 10: Waterloo, Wisconsin, USA
    October 13: Fayetteville, Arkansas, USA
    October 17: Iowa City, Iowa, USA
    October 24: Zonhoven, Belgium
    October 31: Overijse, Belgium
    November 14: Tabor, Czech Republic
    November 21: Koksijde, Belgium
    November 28: Besançon, France
    December 5: TBC
    December 12: TBC
    December 18: Antwerp, Belgium
    December 19: Namur, Belgium
    December 26: Dendermonde, Belgium
    January 2: Hulst, Netherlands
    January 16: Flamanville, France
    January 23: Hoogerheide, Netherlands

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

hopefully Dublin gets it's round, and there will be cowbells, bbqs and belgian beer galore!

Advertisement