Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISS repeater now active

• 15-09-2020 10:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

So the ISS now has a VHF/UHF repeater that amateur radio licensees can access.

I tried last night with the 5W FT-70 with my 10dB EAntennas yagi, to see if I could hear the output of the repeater.

And the result of the experiment was that I could indeed hear the ISS repeater output, at a range of about 1700km.

The next step is to try and work the repeater. I might have to use a PC attached to the FT817 to match the doppler shift, while working split band transmit/receive. That'll be an interesting thing to try. I wonder if I could drive my astronomy mount to track the ISS, and put the antenna on the astro mount...

Advertisement